Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Anxiety - not a recommended diet

I know. I know. I have to eat - regularly. It’s just been so difficult to put and keep anything in my body lately. Stress has done a number on me and this is my body’s way of reacting.

It had been months since I’d been on a scale, or seen my full body in a mirror. But the other day when my jeans fell off my hips with the belt on the last notch, I knew I’d lost a lot of weight.

That night I made it a point to check myself. My hip bones are prominent and I’ve lost most of that muffin top ring around my waist. I can see directly to the floor when I look down. My little slope of a gut doesn’t block my view like usual. When I wrap my hands around my thighs my fingers and thumbs almost touch.

One of my clients has a scale in the bathroom. Even though I don’t need to rely on a number to tell me I’ve lost weight, naturally I was curious. Fully clothed in winter layers, I reluctantly stepped up.

Yep, I’ve lost a lot of weight. A lot. Anyone remember back almost five years ago when I had mono? Yeah, like that.

Makes sense now why sitting in this wicker chair hurts my sit-bones.

I know the media would tell me I look great. But look at the price I have to pay.

Anxiety is not a recommended diet. But what is when my body rejects food much of the time?

I need to look for healthy liquid food supplements during times like these. Things that have all the nutrients I need that my body will absorb - and not reject. Some juices are too acidic.

Any suggestions?


link to original post

No comments: