Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Checking in with J-Land Friends

Hello my J-Land friends.  I don't know why but I feel a sense of warmth when I come post in here.  Like I'm surrounded by a cozy blanket.  This was my first online journal. I made lifelong friends in this community. Some have gone by the wayside but I suppose that's the case with any community. 

I'm grateful for those I still have in my life  - like those of you who are reading now.  And I'm grateful for the times I shared with those who are no longer around - like SloMo and Aileen who I miss periodically. They both just kinda dropped out of the community and out of my life. Both were active friends in my life as well as journal-buddies.  But what can I do?   I can't be responsible for their actions.  I only know myself.

Interesting.  That's not what I came here to write about.  This journal has a spirit of its own.

I've been working for a guy who has a few companies rolling.  I work both in his office and from home.  Plus I do personal errands (drop him at the airport, bring his Porsche to the shop).  If you saw my Truth or Fiction Revealed video (I know two of you saw it), remember when I said I walked away from over a million dollars and that I'd do it differently today?  Strangely, this feels like another chance.  I have no idea what this will be.  But I'm eager to learn.  It's such a different lifestyle.  I may need to upgrade my wardrobe.

kidding.

kinda.

I'd been having trouble getting to sleep and then sleeping through the night but I've been able to sleep two nights in a row now.  It's a drag feeling exhausted but unable to sleep.

Oh, before I hit the next blogging post I'm curious - Does anyone know the best way to post an update in ONE place that will update ALL places?  I update my personal website, this journal, facebook, myspace, twitter and the list continues.  Thoughts? 

Thanks friends.
Peace & Love,
Trish

9 comments:

onetoughcookie43 said...

Hey Trish,
Yeah, I miss the old community as well and do wonder what happend to SloMo. She was such an integral part of the community and shared so much of her life and loves that it just seems strange that she just sort of dropped off the radar. I do hope that wherever she is and whatever she is doing she is well, and happy.

And on the subject of gratitude, I appreciate you taking the time to come to this journal and still leave some love.

Good luck to you on your new endeavors. I hope that you get that second chance and that you find everything that your heart both desires and deserves!

Now as for the techinical question at the end, cant' help you there my friend, but I know that there is someone out there who has the answer. Hope that you figure it out.

Till the next time,
Hugs and Love

oreoj3 said...

well sounds as if u have an interesting job. i hope to stay in your new community that u have now;)

Lori

magran42 said...

Hope your new adventure really "takes you places" and may they be places you WANT to go.

magogos said...

Yeah, there is something about J-Land, isn't there? Even though it will never be waht it was years ago, and I, too, miss some old friends who have disappeared or moved on.  I do hope this job turns out to be interesting, something you can grow with, even it you do need to upgrade your wardrobe (shudder). Margo

aims814 said...

Oh, honey --- I know just what you're talking about. I have other journals; I post the same entry in each one (except myspace. I don't "blog" there anymore) But, you and your many, many different sites! I know it gets hectic at times.

I never really left AOL-J, but I did stop posting so much on all of my  journals for a while.  Nothing ever felt the same as AOL. Not like AOL in the beginning, that is. I've really enjoyed Live Journal and have connected with a few there, too. The days you're talking about ... back when AOL-J was new. I wonder if anything will ever be like that again? I'm SO HAPPY you've started blogging here again! I also miss SloMo. The two of you were my first friends on here. Also missing Sharkey a lot these days. I could go on and on, really.  

Yes, your journal does have a spirit of it's own and I've always been drawn to it.

HUGS!
XOXO!

aims814 said...

Oh, I forgot!!! Congrats on the new job! And if you do decide to upgrade your wardrobe, you'll have to take us all (by video) shopping with you. =)

rgossett4195 said...

I love it when you post too.  Feels like old times!  It's always good to work for people who are going places! rose

bridgetteleigh75 said...

I know just what you mean about the 'cozy blanket' feeling.  I got away from j-land for several months, and when I returned, I was embraces as if I'd never been gone.  It's a lovely feeling.  

As for Slo...I miss her, Trish.  I wish I knew why she decided to leave us all hanging.  

A million dollars, huh? Boy, what I could do with a million dollars!  ;)

XOXO,
bridgett

alphawoman1 said...

This place feels like an old pair of soft sloppers. I copy and paste. You might have a idea before its time there girl! if you and I do it, there must be others. Happy early birthday! lol I miss SloMo too.