Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Week In Review

Please forgive me - I'm mirroring the posts from my main journal.  It's just easier and more efficient.  I hope you don't mind.

So it’s been over a week since my last official post in here. I say “official” because I updated the News section yesterday. I also tried posting over the weekend. I hadn’t noticed our Internet had disconnected while writing so when I hit save, I lost everything.

No matter. I’m here now.

It’s cold. Hands down. This is snow weather. My fingers are crossed. I’d love to see snow before we leave. I’m not saying I’d love to drive in it during rush-hour traffic. But it would be nice to see the sun shine through the naked glistening trees. I know, be careful what you wish for.

We are five weeks away from our intended departure date. It seems so soon. Yet, there’s so much that needs to happen between now and then - Like finishing the album. As you can read, we’re very close.

I’m amazed how fast time flies when I’m enjoying life. I love my day job (as day jobs go). I love that I’m finally bringing my music to life and getting it ready for the masses. The holidays are not just around the corner anymore. They’re here!

I’ve been toying with the idea of going skiing, or trying snowboarding before we leave New England. But since I’ve been busy at least 60 hours a week, I haven’t had time for the gym I joined five months ago. Plus, it’s completely out of the way - not even between work and home. When I joined, I was spending all my time in Concord. I think I’ve only seen that city once in the last two months.

Anyway, my point is, I’m way out of shape. I haven’t been on a set of skis in fifteen years. I could do some serious bodily damage by going skiing or snowboarding. But what fun it could be!

I guess that’s about it for now. Happy holiday season everyone.


UPDATE:  IT'S SNOWING!  AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL!

2 comments:

riverdaughter196 said...

Awww, you have snow.  It's still in the 80s in Texas.  Ugh.  

popitart said...

So I did a google search for popitart just to make sure nothing comprimising came up...you know how it goes...and I saw "I really miss Popitart...I hope she's doing well."

I definitely faded away from the blogosphere pretty suddenly.  I was in a horribly difficult struggle and needed to get away from everything, so that's exactly what I did.  I'm not back into blogging because of lack of time, but I'm back in every other sense of the word.  I'm back in college, back to living on my own, back to learning and loving and living and laughing.  Back to my friends, back to a purpose, back to my spirit.  The ails someone mentioned in a comment on your entry (I think it was musenla...what a sweetie) aren't completely gone, but are usually quite manageable.  I've found that the people around me really do make all the difference.

I think about my old blog friends sometimes...you, SloMo, Greg, the whole gang...and I hope you're all well.

Love lots,
Emily