Saturday, November 12, 2005

Entertainment

I'm happy to report that I still really like the new song and the well is still flowing.  It's been fun around here again.  I mean, creatively.  More to come.

Okay, so I've watched a few movies since asking for your reviews.

Runaway Jury - great fun action flick.  I'm a John Cusack fan anyway.  Glad I saw it.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind - saw this when I was a kid.  I remember being scared.  Not this time.  Probably because this time I actually understood the movie.  Great movie for its time.  Moved a little slow for my liking.  But I am happy to have seen it as an adult.

Dodgeball was great for a hearty laugh.  Worth it for Ben Stiller's character alone.  Priceless.

Fight Club!  Ohmygod!  Incredible movie.  Deep.  Really deep.  I'll be thinking of that one for a while.  I'm on the hunt for the script.  Wow.  [oh, and yummy cast!]

Next Up - Philadelphia and Wit.  But they won't arrive till Monday, thanks to today's holiday.

I've been watching Fame.  I'm really enjoying it.  Much of it is cheesy.  But it's totally worth it.  One of my favorite Doris-songs is in the first season.  I didn't realize it.  Nice surprise. 

Tidbit of trivia:  Did you know that Rick Springfield wrote 'Life is a Celebration?'  Sung by Coco and Danny Amatullo. | FAME FOREVER | // SERIES \\  [the link has tons of fun Fame stuff.  you can listen to most of the songs if you click on the lyrics link.]

I've replaced episodes of Law& Order: SVU for actual movies on my Netflix queue.  Instead, I've added SVU to my wish list.  It is the holiday season after all.  Gotta have a list.  Season Five is the best so far.  [subtle, no?]

The only thing is, after watching so much SVU, I've started thinking in SVU terms.  The ME, The ADA, DNA, DOA, Cap, vic, perp, lockup, psych eval.

I'll tell ya though, it makes me think about every single thing I touch.  I would make a terrible criminal.  I'm sure I leave my DNA everywhere.  Stray strands of hair, a cough or a sneeze, my dirty dogpark shoes (easily traceable).  I think about these things now.

No worries.  I'll be watching Fame most of the weekend.

Oh and Sharky, thanks for the recommendation.  I've seen Crash.  And I love it.  I could watch that over and over.  Beautiful and meaningful!  And painful to watch.  But important.

***Recommended Reading***
If you're a member of the AOL-J Community, even if you're a lurker, you will appreciate this entry written by Lisa of The Occupant:  AOL-J Community Trash Day.  It's like a cross between Good Times and Leave it to Beaver - The Sims-style!  Very funny and creative.  I'm still laughing!

11 comments:

xzasporated1 said...

OMG Philadelphia.  One of my all-time favorite movies.  Tom Hanks is beyond perfect.  I may have to rent that one myself.

~~ jennifer

krobbie67 said...

Yeah! I'm glad you liked " Fight Club" that much. I love it! There aren't many that you and I mutually agree on. :-) Did you notice the flashings of Brad Pitt's character throughout the movie? :-) ---Robbie

onestrangecat said...

I love SVU.  I think in the terms they use also.

Kathy

indigosunmoon said...

You haven't seen Philadelphia yet?  OMGosh!
You are going to have a huge well of emotion
come in from that flick.  It's one of my all
time favorites.
Wit is too.  I just loved that movie!
Lovish!
-Conz

bridgetteleigh75 said...

Yummy...John Cusack.  One of my favorites.  Had a major crush on him since his 'Say Anything' days.  Once again...yummy.  <grin>

Oh...and I finally got your song to play on my computer!!  I'm not sure what the problem was, but Trish...wow.  It's incredible.  Truly...your best yet.  

SVU...also one of my favorite shows.  Of course, I already think in those ME, ADA,
DNA terms.  I read Patricia Cornwell way too much.  =)

And yep...already read Lisa's entry.  TOO funny.

XO,
bridgett

babyshark28 said...

your so welcome, Freee.  I knew you would like it, and besides....it's a great movie. I had said I didn't like fight club, but I must have fallen asleep because Candice said (that's where i am right now) said it was really good and went on about the movie.....and I was like...I don't remember that...so, i must have fell asleep before it got really good or something.  I guess I will have to rent it again and give it another chance!  :P  

anyway.....enjoy 'Wit' make sure you have tissue nearby...

hewasolddog299 said...

Here's another less-than-critically-acclaimed gem: "Fearless" with Jeff Bridges.

Try it, when some holes open up in your Netflix que...

chasingmoksha said...

It has been a few years since I watched Fight Club.  Maybe I should view it again.  I remember I liked it a lot.  As well as Tom Cruise's Magnolia, that many do not talk about for some reason.

maajr58 said...

freepeace i like that

maajr58 said...

i like freepeace also www.nyctaxishots.com  

clarity4today said...

Most of these I haven't seen.  I've been working on some movie-seeing project, though.  I've gotten them from the library, starting with the A's.  I've enjoyed About Schmidt, and The Accidental Tourist the best so far. lol
Donna