Sunday, October 16, 2005

Where Did the Weekend Go?

My dentist appointment went as I expected.  I'm still in pain but giving it till the end of the week before I cry out loud.  I have another appointment in three weeks to get the job finished.  Hah. Sounds like a mob-job.

I worked all weekend.  That doesn't mean every hour of the weekend, but my schedule was like regular dog walking days.  It's good.  I'm taking all the work I can get.

My absolute favorite actress joined Law & Order: Criminal Intent.  I didn't realize till last night that Annabella Sciorra is starring in--not just featuring in--eleven episodes this season. 

Fourteen years ago, after watching The Hand That Rocks the Cradle, I predicted she would be a mega-superstar.  I'm happy to see she isn't -- she's a highly respected actress in her field.

I have this thing about being a fan of those who soar under the radar -- or above it. 

Like with Jason Mraz.  Unfortunately he's at a point in his music career where he's a mega-superstar in his league.  Bums me out because his music is getting stomped on by his record label.  I love his original style.  I don't love his overly produced label stuff.  Sorry Jason.

It won't stop me from adoring him.  I'll always love and respect his creativity.  Same with Annabella Sciorra.

Andi and I met Cheryl for drinks and dinner last night.  I love those unplanned meetings.  It was great to get out and spend time with both of them.

Somehow I got roped into believing I committed to going to Cheryl's 7am yoga class on Monday.  Uh...that'd be tomorrow.

Retracing my drunken steps:
- I offered to pick up Andi from work so we could go to the 6:30pm class on Monday and Wednesday.
- We discussed other evening classes.
-Andi asked if the instructors were as good as Cheryl.
-We decided every instructor is different.
(From here it gets fuzzy.)
-Time passed.
-Laughing.
-Talking.
-Drinking.
-Eating.
-Leaving.
-Hugging.
"See you Monday morning."

Huh? What?

Guess that means I need to get to sleep, like, now.

Ilove yoga, when I'm into it.  It'll be good to get back into a routine that includes daily yoga.  But I definitely enjoy (and thrive on) evening yoga the best.  I want to end my day with savasana.  If I start my day with it, I might end up right back in bed before breakfast.

We'll see.

I'm ready for something though.  I can't fit into my jeans.  I haven't worn them all summer (too hot) and I have a few extra inches around my waist this year.  No big deal really.  You wouldn't notice it if I wasn't always pointing it out.

Cooler weather is the perfect incentive for starting back on a healthier routine:  whole foods, yoga and daily dog walking.  Nothing too strict.  Sounds great to me.

8 comments:

babyshark28 said...

sounds great to me too freee.
enjoy yoga, enjoy life...even with it's pain.
Like you alway do!
:D

artloner said...

I have always found yoga strangely erotic...not so much towards my "classmates", as me...I guess it towards me, and the strength I feel in the poses.  It is a wonderful feeling.

Good luck on mondy at oh-dark-thirty!  LOLOLLLLL



andi

xzasporated1 said...

I took a yoga class in college.  Enjoyed every minute of it.  Too bad I can only remember a fraction of the poses.

And what is it with these jeans nowadays?  All mine have SHRUNK?!?  Yours too?

;o)

~~ jennifer, sending hugs and kisses to the pups

warrenleon said...

I don't know a thing about yoga, but I DO love Sciorra too.  And she's actually the best character on CI now.  Smarter than Soth's character (though I like him too).  I was going too say that I wished the D'onofrio character just left the show, but then last week's episode was one of the best that I'd ever seen, and D'onofrio did great.  So now I'll have to start watching this show again!  Anyway, I agree, it's nice to see Annabella Sciorra back in the limelight!

bridgetteleigh75 said...

7 AM?  I'm still in P.J.'s, with my glasses on, hair sticking up in all directions, and feeding Autumn her bottle about that time.  <grin>  Wayyyy too early.  

XO,
bridgett

abell1999 said...

I've always wanted to do yoga, but have yet to fit it into my schedule. Shame on me.

Julie

clarity4today said...

I was thinking of taking up yoga.  I got into it when I was a kid, of all things.  There was this program on PBS, and I did it religiously.  My parents thought I was nuts.  I just remember feeling better when I did it.  Stronger.
Donna

geminiwilder said...

i'd like to try yoga.

with no one watching me.

and i mean NO ONE.

ack!