Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Weirdness

I was stuck in a little extra traffic on the way to the dog park, due to an accident.  Not one, but two cars cut me off, refusing to merge -- you know every-other-car -- into one lane.

I wonder, did they not see the flashing red traffic lights?  The four or five cars involved?  The shoe in the middle of the road? 

I had no choice but to let them pass.

The next thing I knew, we were side-by-side at the next traffic light.  I knew their lane was about to end so when the light turned green, I punched it, 4-cylinder-style, and called out, "Y'all can kiss my peaceful ass!"

You see? I own up to that peace sign on my car.

* * *

Later I was returning a dog to his Venice home.  I use my own leashes.  As I was walking back to my car, I heard two neighbors talking.

One said, "That's weird." 

The other replied, "It's been very weird around here."  

And I chimed in, "It wouldn't be Venice otherwise." 

I kept walking as one replied, "I'll say.  Walking a leash with no dog?!" 

I turned toward him with a smile, "Doesn't get weirder than that!"


Or, maybe it does. 

Driving home, I passed a van.  I did a double-take on the driver.  I swear, I thought he was a bulldog.

I noticed a Rottweiler in the passenger's seat with his head halfway out the window -- wearing flight goggles.

God I love Venice.

* * *

I called my dentist's office to see if I could reschedule today's appointment:

ME:  "Hi, I have a 2pm appointment today. Is there any way we can change it to Thursday?"

D's OFFICE:  "You do have a 2pm appointment, but it's scheduled for Thursday the 13th."

ME:  "Great, that's what I want.  Thanks.  You're good."

D's OFFICE:  "Glad we could be of service."

* * *

A once-a-week client left me a message this morning saying that her dog's training collar was missing a  piece and might be too tight.  I called her back later this afternoon to thank her for the information and let her know I use my own leashes anyway - not to worry.

A couple of hours later she called back saying her husband had been home all day and wondered why I hadn't been there to pick up the dog.

I called her right back.

ME:  "I'm confused.  Did you want me there today?"

HER: [giggling] "Which one of us is more confused?  Let's see, we were on vacation last week but we're back."

ME:  "Yes.  I remember that."

HER:  "And you come on Tuesdays."

ME:  "Yes."

HER:  "And today is Tuesday."

ME: [thud!]  "Oh NO!"

I was so confused that she started questioning what day it was.  I was thrown way off.  I only had one walk yesterday so I guess it didn't register as a Monday to me.

Even more weird: Today felt like Wednesday.  I'm all kinds of confused.

Luckily she was very understanding and her husband was home to take care of the dog.  I'll take her dog another day this week.

Los Angeles, dog walker

16 comments:

pixiedustnme said...

hey i had a call like that today too!  caller: i had a ct last week and i'd really like to get into see the dr ASAP to discuss the films - me: mr. caller i see you are already scheduled to see dr at (oddly enough) thurs at 2pm!  small world - but i'm glad you're all happy about your thurs appointments!

babyshark28 said...

yes....wierdness. lol!
I get days like this all the time.
lol!

makes you feel sane some days..
:P

dimundntheruf69 said...

a really weird day for ya...
lol..christie

bridgetteleigh75 said...

LOL ~ it's felt like Monday all day to me.  Parker didn't have school yesterday so I'm all screwed up too.  

As for the driver who looked like a bulldog...too funny.  But, oh...that poor, poor man.  <grin>

Hope tomorrow is a little more 'normal.'  =)

XO,
bridgett

krobbie67 said...

'The next thing I knew, we were side-by-side at the next traffic light.  I knew their lane was about to end so when the light turned green, I punched it, 4-cylinder-style, and called out, "Y'all can kiss my peaceful ass!"'

Laughing my fat one off!!! Thank you!! Now let's hope Karma doesn't bite yours.
:-) ---Robbie

thinkingoutloud said...

Wow!

You had some day there.

ha ha

Welcome to my world:)

he he
Huggs2u-
Niki

jeffcomedy said...

For all it's weird, convoluted, completely random experiences...

To me, it seems like you had a perfect day.

The kind where you don't know what to expect.

Aren't they the greatest.

http://journals.aol.com/jeffcomedy/Whatthehell

judithheartsong said...

loved this post........ loved it:):):) judi

xzasporated1 said...

Nothing cuter than a pup wearing Doggles.

Nothing.

~~ jennifer

abell1999 said...

Bwahahaha! Its no station wagon, but the peace symbol works!

Julie

derasta said...

wow when it rains it pours! That's so interesting that you do dog walking, I would love to do something like that...so basically, you have very happy clients...what dog isn't happy to take a walk :)

http://journals.aol.com/derasta/MyBigFatGreekLife/

amk829 said...

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but to LOL for this one... :0)

Remember me? I'm back. Andrew, Amk829, 7th Grade Life? Yeah... well... just letting you know I'm back to "blogging" here on AOL.

I think I have some catching up to do...

Andrew - Picture : Weather

chattiekimmie said...

This entry actually made me laugh out loud. I am still wearing a cheesy grin. Thanks for being you.

clarity4today said...

Kiss my peaceful ass, heh? lol  That was a good one!
Donna

andreakingme said...

Wubba.

deabvt said...

Hehehehe,
V