Friday, October 28, 2005

Another sick entry?

Being sick is not very good for business.  I struggled through another half-full dog day yesterday.  On the way home I stopped at the drug store for ... something, anything different than NyQuill.

I just can't handle my Quill.  All it does is make me foggy and groggy.  Not enough to sleep through and too much for me to get up.  Too uncomfortable.  Made my arms feel heavy too.

So I'm back to basics - Tylenol, cough expectorant, vitamin C and water. Oh, and lots of bed rest.

This sucks.  It's been almost a full week of being sick.  I don't have time for this.  I know, it is what it is.  Whatever.

I just have today to get through and then I'm looking forward to resting over the weekend.  Ooh, I'll even get an extra hour for that on Saturday night as we change the clocks back.  Yay.

I wish I had something more exciting to report but I've basically been looking at the same three walls all week.  [the fourth wall being behind me.]  Oh wait.  That's not true.  I spent an hour on the couch last night, eating chicken soup and watching Law & Order: SVU.

I could write all about my dreams but they have been so detailed lately, I would never get out of the apartment.

It's been chilly and gray all week (perfect dogpark weather, if you ask me).  It was supposed to rain today but now it looks like it might be clear.  That's something to celebrate.  Oh yeah, proof I'm pretty hard up for entertainment.

I vow to write about something - anything - other than being sick next time!

16 comments:

artloner said...

You write what you know, honey.  I've been writing about my life within these four walls, for the past 2 years.  :)  Frieda Kahlo said something to the effect of:  I painf what I know best.  Myself.


Feel better,

ANdi

TheraFlu Nighttime does the trick for me, make it like hot lemoney tea, with a spoon fulla shugah!

abell1999 said...

Its okay. You feel bad. Glad you got to watch your show.

Julie

mlw1456 said...

Hope you feel better soon! Take care of you :)  --- Swirly

luckyaugustgirl said...

All right ma'am i tried to be nice but i just cant do it any longer...

You. Healthy. This VERY instant. **POOF**

Better now??
(I hope so.)

Feel better soon. :D *Cause i say so.*

Sarah

viviansullinwank said...

{{{{{Freee}}}}}

I hope whatever has  a hold of you decides to let go soon so you can feel better! I'm glad you do feel well enough to keep in touch with J-Land.

VIVIan

xzasporated1 said...

I feel your pain.  I'm going on my 13th day.  Today I went to work for the first time in nine days.  I want to die again.  I sound like a cross between Pee Wee Herman, Brenda Vaccaro and Camille.  

I can't handle the Nyquil either, unless I can devote about 12 hours to sleep it off.  Worst hangover ever.  

Isn't it sad when the only cause for celebration is a productive cough?

Hope yours is better soon too.

~~ jennifer

sistercdr said...

I'm hitting a full week as well.  My weapons are Advil Cold and Sinus or Tylenol Cold and Flu during the day, Benadryl at night time, because it has less fog and grog and more sleep inducing powers, echinacea, zinc mega doses of vitaman c, juices and water, water, water.  Hang in there.

bridgetteleigh75 said...

Oh Trish...I sure hope this cold decides it's done with you soon!  Truly, what a pain in the arse!  

Take advantage of the weekend and get lots of good sleep!  

Thinking of you,
bridgett

tillysweetchops said...

Sorry to catch you when you're not feeling well. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Tilly
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

krobbie67 said...

:::cough-cough::::

All you sickies commiserating around here is starting to make me sick. ;-)

Hope EVERYONE is feeling better soon. :-) ---Robbie

derasta said...

Hope you feel better soon...the nyquill does the same to me...I drift in and out of a weird kind of sleep and usually with nightmarish things going on ...

thebludragoness said...

I do hope your feel better. Have you tried DayQuill? Get better soon and take this weekend to SLEEP!

txsguinan said...

Oh, you are such a lightweight.  That's the last time I give you my sainted mother's secret flu recipe.  You have the Quill.  You have the Tito's.  Need I say more?  :)

http://journals.aol.com/Vote4Me!/LameAssCategory/vivilvr

viviansullinwank said...

Trick or treat {{{{{Freee }}}}}
Please get well soon!

VIVIan
http://journals.aol.com/viviansullinwank/NwanyiomasJournal/entries/2535

thewritingbug said...

Hope you feel better.  Happy Halloween!

deabvt said...

Please feek better! The flu`s a drag.
V