Friday, September 23, 2005

J2P Anniversary!

Trish-n-Hunny 2003

Today marks the beginning of the 3rd year for Journey to Peace.  It's a little surreal, looking back to this day in 2003.  Where I was.  What I was feeling.  The music I was listening to.  The things that consumed my heart.  Granted, the first few entries of this journal were mostly experimental.  I was playing with format, font, color.  AOL Journals had just been launched.  Everything was new.  I had no idea what was to come...

Friends - good friends. Rebuild of a thriving business.  The launch of my music website.  Listeners all over the world.  Successful tumor surgery.  Support. Fun. Drama. Pain. Tragedy. Love.

Hunny has become a household name for many J-Landers. 

Now, two years later, we are saturated with new journals, new energy, new life, every single day.  It's impossible to keep up.  I've been reading all I can.  And still, there's never enough time to read everyone.  I don't even know the half of it.

Two years ago we were a small group of friends-to-be, creating a community of support, love and fun.  It's not as if that was the plan.  It's just what happened, because of who we are.

Today, we are one huge community with sub-divisions of communities...the way any town, city, state, country grows.  So where I came from the first tiny borough in this new world, I've yet to experience many others that surround me.  It's time to broaden my horizons.

That's where you come in.  Who are you?  Introduce yourselves.  Leave your link.  I know you're there (I see the stats).  No pressure.  Well, maybe a little. 

Coming up:  More J-Land news, The Vivi Awards.  I'm going to need your help with nominees.  So put your thinking caps on.

18 comments:

heathyrxmarie said...

I'm here! More of a lurker than anything!  But I've been reading you since I started in July of 2004!  Happy Anniversary for you!
Hugs,
Heather
http://journals.aol.com/heathyrxmarie/ImNotBroken

gdireneoe said...

Happy Happy Anni! ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

babyshark28 said...

Well, I am not new...and I don't need to leave a link.  You know where my house is. :)
but, just wanted to say..."Happy Anniversary!!"  and to hunny too!
It's been a pleasure darling, getting to know you.  :D
xo

rap4143 said...

Hiya....I'm here,
Betty
http://journals.aol.com/rap4143/MyDayMyInterests/

kristeenaelise said...

Congratulations!!  Happy Anniversary!!

Well, you HAVE to know how happy I am that Journey to Peace is here - otherwise I wouldn't have experienced the grooviness that is you.  Here's to many more years of entries!!

hugs
=) kris

luckyaugustgirl said...

Hey girl, Happy J2P anniversary!! :D Heres to you, one of the consistantly best journals i read every day.......:) Looking forward to another year of experiences with you and Hunny! Maybe an album this year??? Hmmm? I dont need to leave my link, you know where to find me... :D

Congrats!

Sarah

txsguinan said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY 3!!!

And what a lovely picture of my two beautiful friends ~ without whom my world would be just a little smaller.  If it hadn't been for the inspiration of 'Journey to Peace' and a certain little dynamo called 'freee' I would have probably given up writing long ago.  Thanks, Trishy!

Now where the hell is that party you were talking about?  ;D

aims814 said...

Happy anniversary, darlin'! Love you!

Stephen sends hugs to y'all too!

Love
Mia

jcgeorgiapeach said...

Happy Anniversary!  I can remember when you FIRST started!  It was so great meeting you then and then meeting you in person.  All because of these journals....  Love ya!  `Peachy

andreakingme said...

Mannnn. The lurkers aren't gonna say boo, are they?

curvyanglintexas said...

I'm not a lurker you've known me for a long time too LOL but I just wanted to say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :)

Maria

ckays1967 said...

Hey...our journals share birthdays...humpf.  Even our journal names are kinda the same....doesn't that have a fancy name?  Serpendipity?  (Is that it?)

Who knew?


By the way I have been a lurker of yours for these past two years but only an every now and then commentor, not because your life doesn't move me, but because we are just on different journeys.

Christina

bridgetteleigh75 said...

I've been here almost as long as you...I started in October.  And I just can't keep up with all the new journals.  It's overwhelming.  

But I love our J-land and I can't imagine life without it.  

Give Hunny my love.

Love,
bridgett

krobbie67 said...

Hi! I'm Robbie. :-p

Happy J-anniversary! :-) ---Robbie

xzasporated1 said...

Happy happy anniversary, to you and Hunny, that adorable pup.  


~~ jennifer

monponsett said...

Dogs never ever stare at the camera properly. The one dog I saw do it was that one on the Katrina page, Walter... and I suspect that he may have been a professional.

My blog lives on that cottage sub division by the Cape. The door's always open.

Thumper

deabvt said...

Freee, Congrats!
What a great Pic!
V

pollysci said...

WOW! Congrats, girlie!

~tara :)