Friday, September 2, 2005

Insomnia

in·som·ni·a (ĭn-sŏm'nē-ə) n. -- Chronic inability to fall asleep or remain asleep for an adequate length of time.  Chronic sleeplessness.

 

Things to do while suffering from insomnia:

- Read new blogs from around your neighborhood.
- Consider auditioning for a play at a local theater.
- Nix it when you read that you must take their expensive classes to qualify.
- Consider seeing a play at a local theater.
- Read way too much news of disaster.
- Organize your bloglines list.
- Window-shop on Amazon and Musiciansfriend.com.
- Balance your check book.
- Pay bills.
- Play guitar and record a song.
- Take your dog for three walks.
- Cancel work for fear that you will fall over mid-day from lack of sleep.
- Wonder what it was you were doing mid-day, now that it's evening again.
- Practice yoga on your bedroom floor.
- Clean the kitchen and bring in the water that was delivered.
- Eat soup and crackers at 4 AM.
- Eat breakfast for supper.
- Organize and clean off your desk.
- Organize files on your computer.
- Read really bad fan fiction.
- Change the color and layout of your online journal at least ten times.
- Change it back at least twice.
- Update your sidebars.
- Surf the net for whatever!
- Read Spanish at a Glance.
- Count the hours that pass without so much as a blink.

33 hours and counting.

I never really experienced true insomnia before today.  Granted, I haven't had a restful night's sleep in months, but I do sleep.  I wake up throughout the night.  But this is way different.  I've been awake since yesterday morning.  I didn't even try to go to sleep last night.  I was buzzing with energy.  Wide awake.  Like the total opposite of fatigue.  I was fully awake and alert.  I keep thinking I'm starting to fade.  I last tried to sleep 45 minutes ago.  And bing! bug-eyed, staring at the ceiling.

I want a burrito.

5 comments:

bridgetteleigh75 said...

A burrito, huh?  After eating that...you DEFINITELY won't sleep.  <grin>

Love,
bridgett

p.s.  I can't say that I've ever experienced true insomnia before....and I hope I never do.  Sleeping is way too much fun.

pudge450 said...

I have always thought that when you sleep, you are basically dead.  Never understood how people could sleep after the sun comes up.  I usually exist on five to six hours a night.  Never had insomnia tho.  The more you sleep, the less you live.

deveil said...

write a song about it!

Derek

krobbie67 said...

I deal with stress in one of two ways. I either sleep constantly or I can't sleep at all. The pendulum swings which ever direction it so chooses. However, what I have learned is to just go with it. If I can't sleep I get up and do things, if all I want to do is sleep, I sleep. Eventually, it works itself out and I'm back to a normal pattern. Fighting it only brings on more stress and makes it worse.

Here's hoping your body/spirit comes back into balance soon. :-) ---Robbie

starbelle2 said...

Trish~
Bless you again(screenwriters software). Thanks for the link to Musiciansfriend.com. I haven't looked online for well over a year for music links like this and was so dissatisfied. Now I have this one AND Sheet Music Plus which is absolutely fabulous. I have found a lot of classical music that I lost years ago in a coastal move at this website. I don't have to order through someone else and it is not as expensive.
Thank you again.
Suzy Colorado~