in·som·ni·a (ĭn-sŏm'nē-ə) n. -- Chronic inability to fall asleep or remain asleep for an adequate length of time. Chronic sleeplessness.
Things to do while suffering from insomnia:
- Read new blogs from around your neighborhood.
- Consider auditioning for a play at a local theater.
- Nix it when you read that you must take their expensive classes to qualify.
- Consider seeing a play at a local theater.
- Read way too much news of disaster.
- Organize your bloglines list.
- Window-shop on Amazon and Musiciansfriend.com.
- Balance your check book.
- Pay bills.
- Play guitar and record a song.
- Take your dog for three walks.
- Cancel work for fear that you will fall over mid-day from lack of sleep.
- Wonder what it was you were doing mid-day, now that it's evening again.
- Practice yoga on your bedroom floor.
- Clean the kitchen and bring in the water that was delivered.
- Eat soup and crackers at 4 AM.
- Eat breakfast for supper.
- Organize and clean off your desk.
- Organize files on your computer.
- Read really bad fan fiction.
- Change the color and layout of your online journal at least ten times.
- Change it back at least twice.
- Update your sidebars.
- Surf the net for whatever!
- Read Spanish at a Glance.
- Count the hours that pass without so much as a blink.
33 hours and counting.
I never really experienced true insomnia before today. Granted, I haven't had a restful night's sleep in months, but I do sleep. I wake up throughout the night. But this is way different. I've been awake since yesterday morning. I didn't even try to go to sleep last night. I was buzzing with energy. Wide awake. Like the total opposite of fatigue. I was fully awake and alert. I keep thinking I'm starting to fade. I last tried to sleep 45 minutes ago. And bing! bug-eyed, staring at the ceiling.
I want a burrito.