Good thing I didn't join the gym.
At the beginning of the year, I was contemplating joining the gym versus buying a digital audio player. Well, it's September and I haven't given the gym a single thought since that one week in January.
It was such a fleeting moment that I can't seem to find my entry to reference.
This precious little baby arrived this afternoon. I was smart enough to ask a neighbor to sign for UPS deliveries. No matter how I try to time it, I'm never home when UPS comes. It's like they have radar. They don't come at the same times each day. It's hit or miss over here.
Anyway, a couple of months ago, John Scalzi posted an entry about his new audio player. I liked what he had to say about the Creative Zen Micro. Since then, I did some more research. Here's what I came up with.
My reasons for choosing the Creative Zen Micro
1. The name - Let's face it, anything with ZEN in the title sounds attractive. Ommm
2. Plays more than just mp3 files. Most of my music is saved as wma (windows media audio) since I use, you guessed it, Windows Media Player.
3. It has an FM tuner, so I can listen to my favorite new station, 93.1 Jack-FM.
4. It has a digital recorder for notes, lectures, concerts, spying. It will even record the FM station I'm listening to - you know, if I hear a great song on my favorite new station.
5. It has a 5GB storage capacity (2,500 wma songs or 1,500 mp3). I have less than 500 songs in my library. I can use some of the memory as extra storage for things like photos and word documents. [can't edit, read or see the files. just store. still, good for temporary backup.]
6. It was on sale - and there's a $20 mail-in rebate - over and above the sale price. (hello!)
7. It fits perfectly in my little hands.
Next up: a bike to cruise the path and sing off-key all the way to the beach from here. Might hold off till Spring but we never know.