Tuesday, August 9, 2005

works

Feeling a little more creative this week.  Not sure where it'll lead.  I'm just here for the ride.

* * * * *

Saw my dentist today.  She finished work on one tooth we started a while ago.  This was our last hope to avoid a root canal.   I haven't had any problems with this tooth since she put the temporary filling/buildup in three months ago.  She's excited.  So I'm assuming it's working.

So far, all the work that other dentist did (the one who messed up. the one who kept drilling when I was in pain. the one who wouldn't listen to me. etc.) has needed to be reworked.  And all the rework has been flawless!  I really like this dentist.  She's in the same office and I've made it clear that I never want to see that other dentist ever again.

Today's work finalized what should have only taken one hour to begin with.  Let's see... that other dentist first drilled too close to my nerve.  Then she filled the cavity with silver (mercury).  As she was rushing in and out of the room (not paying attention) the mercury leaked into my mouth and down my throat (not a pleasant taste).  So she blamed me for that, pried my mouth open, and rushed to fill it again.  I was on my way out of the chair when an assistant told her she filled my tooth with the wrong substance.  So she removed that and filled it with the white filling.  [Mind you, this was all in one sitting.  So I'm sure I don't have to mention the ache in my jaw - and the rage in my eyes.]

That's just the mistake she made on one tooth. 

Next up: the jaw/tooth pain I've been experiencing.  My current dentist (the one I love) said it's probably due to the filling on the back tooth (a job that other dentist did).  Today my lovely dentist drilled it down a tiny bit.  If I'm still having pain by next week, she said we'll have to do the same thing we did to today's tooth (remove the filling, put in a temporary filling as a solid base and then fill with permanent filling).

Blah blah blah...who cares?

* * * * *

Work is light this week.  So I've been spending more time at the dogparkwith the group.  Not on purpose - my dogwalker pals have shown up later than we all planned each day.  [strangely, I've been on time.]  I can't bring myself to leave when they arrive.  Our dogs play well together.  We're like one big happy family.

Sometimes that works to my advantage.  Having been there almost two hours today, I met a woman with a rambunctious puppy.  She said she was at wits end with his energy. 

Long story short:  She's considering giving him up for adoption unless she can get him to calm down in the house. 

Enter: The dogwalker. 

At first she was thinking about hiring me for training sessions (which could still very well happen).  But after hearing her plight, (she travels. she has kids. she's busy.) it made more sense to suggest daily dogpark visits. 

We're starting next Monday.

I have two weeks to get this dog to show some improvement.  Otherwise, she may give up on him.  She wants to keep him because her kids and husband love him.  And deep down, she does too.  She's just frustrated with his ... puppy-ness.  [I've been there!]

He just needs an outlet to release all that puppy energy - a good romp in the park with some buddies, a rugged hike, whatever suits his style.  Then he needs some "basic training" to know his place in the pack (he can't be alpha).  Finally, he will need consistency.  As a dogwalker, I can provide some consistency at the very least.  As a dogwalker/trainer I can help create the house pet her family was hoping for.

On her way out the woman said, "He doesn't listen to us."  I replied, "Oh, he'll listen to me!"

I know, famous last words ... Wish me luck!

* * * * *

Seriously, how many times did I use a form of the word work in this entry?  Unintentional, I assure you.

11 comments:

pollysci said...

First things first:  OUCH.  I'm hoping this dentist will be merciful enough to write a prescription for a pain killer. :\

As for the new gig...PUPPY!  Yay--looking forward to the puppy pics.

~tara :)

krobbie67 said...

Good girl! You come out of hiding flying. Not one, but two entries. And, um...that looks like a cig in that top right pic. Ummph.... :-) ---Robbie

adieppa2 said...

I haven't been online much, but I wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts, and are missed!  I'm sure I'll be back to my old self (and old s/n) soon, but I just wanted you to know that out of sight does NOT mean out of mind.  I'm sort of copping a wee buzz (Tony makes fabu margaritas!), so at the moment, I've only got the ability to give your journal a cursory glance (when I sooooooo need to spend some serious quality  time catching up with those that matter to me), but before I go...

I too love Mr. A-Z.  Adore.  Muchly.  He forces me to listen to his lyrics, I, who have the tendency to block them out so as not to ruin the music... !!  I even clicked on his journal link just now, and was amazed to discover that he too hates that high-frequency buzz that televisions emit, and would rather opt for silence!  Let's accost him in an alley one day and force him into a 3-way!  Conversation, that is...

Miss, miss, miss!
You, that iss!

xoxo
Aileen

babyshark28 said...

Luck!!!   lol...the first time I typed that it said Lick!  hahaha.
anyway.
great pics up top, like that!
you sound busy and happy, and your comfortable with your dentist.
sounds like bliss!

jcgeorgiapeach said...

As far as your tooth is concerned, I can empathize with your pain.  Big time.  We're going through the same thing...a dentist that drilled too close to the nerve, buildup and fillings in order to try and avoid a root canal...the worst part is the never-ending throb in my jaw and around that tooth.  I've lost so much sleep and I'm keeping Tylenol in business.  This is just the worst.

Good luck on the pup.  I know you can do it.  Sadie is a prime example of that.  :)  ~Peachy

kuhlhiggins said...

The dentist thing just sound's too painful. Hope they give you something for the pain. The new puppy sound's like a challenge. I know you can help it overcome that.
Love,
Kat

indigosunmoon said...

Aw Trish!  So sorry you've had such a crapola
experience with that other dentist.  So glad you
like your new dentist though!
Good luck with the new recruit!!!
Connie

andreakingme said...

What a neat entry, Trishy. Me like.

xo

ryanagi said...

Yikes! You swallowed mercury?! Well...hopefully it was an amount small enough that it didn't do any harm. Maybe the same amount as you'd get in a nice sushi dinner. ;-)  But I sympathize with your history with crummy dentists. Been there! And cool beans about the new client.

deabvt said...

I need a hunny Pic!
V

txsguinan said...

Good luck with the new puppy!  (You mean we can't all be alpha?)  Bummer.

And I love the cool pics.  Did Hunny take 'em?  ;D  You look very intent, serious and.....'worky'.  It certainly looks like it's going well!  :)