Friday, August 12, 2005

Gas Prices Gone Wilder!

Same gas station, one week later (this afternoon).  I did not get gas here.  I pulled in long enough to snap a photo and wave to the lonely servicemen sitting on the stoop.

This is ridiculous.

Every other gas station I passed, was at least $.20 less.  The lowest grade of unleaded varied a bit but every station posted their 'high performance' gas at $2.99 - and nine-tenths of course.

It'll be interesting to see if this gas station blows the three-dollar mark for regular unleaded by next Friday.

The lowest I saw today was $2.71.  I was so busy looking at signs that I neglected to buy gas.  Probably not such a smart move.  Who knows what prices will be over the weekend.

It's past time to raise my dog walking rates.  This ought to be fun. 

5 comments:

viviansullinwank said...

AWFUL!!!    I wonder what the airlines are paying per gallon?   I'm glad my car is fuel efficient!

jennipooh3597 said...

Gas is much lower here (San Antonio) - but, still I'm almost getting a kick out of watching it go up and down, up and down... by TEN FREAKING CENTS... as the weekend approaches - *every* weekend.  Somehow, the "state" (that reimburses my mileage/gas expenses) hasn't gotten with the program...  they refuse to raise the mileage rate above .35/mile.  Someone should slap them.  (he he - maybe it will be me ;)  Hope you are well, Trish.  L, Jenn

deabvt said...

Yikes!   We`re about 2.59 here!
V

andreakingme said...

The ridiculous increase in gas prices is a GREAT excuse to raise the dog walking rates. Do it. Who can argue? If anyone did, they'd look like a penny-pinching schmuck.

Well. Don't you think?

xo!

txsguinan said...

I paid $2.69 (and 9/10) here yesterday.  I only bought $10 worth ~ looks like I'm not going anywhere for a while.  

But thank heavens those poor folks at Chevron/Exxon/Shell et al got that multi billion dollar tax break via the 'Energy Bill' last week!  I hate to think of their pain....   :)