Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Gas Prices Gone Wild

These were prices at a Culver City gas station last Friday afternoon.  I was on empty.  I had to stop.

Two-ninety-nine and nine-tenths.  Which really means three dollars for high performance.  Oh and don't get me started on the BS grade levels.  It all comes from the same pump.  It's all the same gas.  Besides, we're all paying way too much for gas and we're all just a little pissed off.

Except, it seems, for the woman driving this car.  She actually pulled into the FULL SERVE lane.

Here we see the driver's shoulder in the front seat.  And there's the full service she receives.

Worth it?

I dunno.

I spent my savings on a grande vanilla latte, splurged with an added shot of espresso, tipped the guy for service with a smile, and used the rest to fill the meter at my next stop.

12 comments:

kristeenaelise said...

Damn - I thought mine was bad at $2.47.  EEEEK  I heard a commentary from an economist the other day, saying that gas prices will rise for the indefinate future, because our economy was strong enough to carry that burden.  

Whose economy?!  Mine's not!!  And we don't even have full service lanes anymore.  I wouldn't know what to do!

I guess we should be thankful we don't live in Europe.  A friend of mine lives in London and says they pay TONS more (like three times more).

=) kris

viviansullinwank said...


ouch!!!!!!!

rgossett4195 said...

you guys still have full service???  I don't think my area has those anymore, just the people sitting in a bullet prove cage.  Unless you go to the local one, and they even let you write a check there!  I figured ALL your gas out in California would be over $3.00...after you poor people start all the trends!  Even this God awful gas prices.  At least I only have a mile to drive or walk if gas gets to nuts....I feel your pain!!  rose~

rollinghillsides said...

YUCK .........   30 to 35 cents cheaper here in Ct (asked the husband, he does the fillups) ...  let's all get a horse lol (but then you can't take all those doggies to the dogpark on a horse now, can ya!  silly ....  

pollysci said...

Unless the person is disabled, there is no rational reason to go full serve.  And even if that case, someone disabled shouldn't be forced to pay the full service fee.

$3.29.  YIKES

~tara, who won't complain about my premium gas being $2.30/gallon.
:(

indigosunmoon said...

Wow!  And I was just fussing tonight
about having to spend 2.29 a gallon!
Lovish!
Connie

andreakingme said...

I gasped and then giggled at this one. Haven't had my coffee yet ...

xo

judithheartsong said...

wow. judi

ryanagi said...

Holy crap!

onestrangecat said...

I have always wondered why they say 9/10.  There is no way to charge less than a penny.  Why don't they just go ahead and round up the price?  Prices here are around 2.46 and that 9/10 of a penny.  

Kathy

stevendenlinger said...

Hey Trish,

Love your blog.  Beautiful work.

Glad you're getting the dental thing figured out.

Steven

sepintx said...

2.10 here, Kroger gas with discount card. I don't know of a full serve gas station anywhere here. Too dang hot.