Wednesday, July 6, 2005

RRPC - SUMMER

Here's my first attempt to participate in the Round Robin Photo Challenge.  I've been wanting to join the fun for a few weeks now.  It's just been so crazy around here.  I'm hoping this will give me something to shoot for.  [whaka-whaka]

Pictured is a view of the boardwalk from our patio seat at the (world famous) Sidewalk Cafe in Venice California.  This section is mobbed on weekends during the summer months.  Venice Beach is visited by tourists from all over the globe.  I do my best to avoid the boardwalk on summer weekends.  Crowds make me anxious.  And this picture is just a taste of what it's like down there.

Still, Venice is where my heart is.

See it live:  VENICE BEACH CAM

 

Round Robin Challenges.  Please be sure to visit all the other Robins for their SUMMER entries.

Carly...Ellipsis

Karen...Musings from Mavarin

Kat...From Every Angle

Betty...My Day My Interests

Duane...Sotto Voce

Alan...F-Stop

Steven...sometimes photoblog

Amy...Substance; or lack of

Celeste...My Day and Thoughts

Patrick...A Stop At Willoughby

Trish...Journey to Peace

Mary...Alphawoman's Blog

Robbie...Robbie's Ruminations

Sassy...Sassy's EYE

Marie...The Little Things

Aunt Nub ( Liz)...Aunt Nubs Empty Head

Derek...Picture of the Day

Kimberleigh...Life as I Live It

Midlife Matters 

Monica...Mamarazzi 

Danielle...Everybody Knows 

13 comments:

rgossett4195 said...

THe very first time I visited Venice was with my friend whom I used to watch her kids. I was newly sober and  being from the midwest I was facinated by the Ocean, the people, and all the coolness of it all.  I actually was in a store when some kid shoplifted sometihng, can't remember what it was.  After I married my husband we try to get there as much as possible.  I even got my favorite moon/sun tattoo on the boardwalk!  Now I feel right at home there....you guys have bums just like we do in Aurora, and not nearly as bad as Chicago!  Can't wait to come back to visit...for sure this December.  thanx rose

andreakingme said...

Woo-hoo, the Venice webcam! I recognize that red and white tarp. And the curved walk that leads to the skaterboarder's park. I STOOD THERE! Wah-hah-hah!

More wine, please.

Oh. Your entry for summer rocks, but it lookith a little crowdedith.

babyshark28 said...

Hey! I love this shot :D
the colors, the action, the people.....
I can feel the heat, the warm air on my neck, hear the murmering of the crowd, taste a scrumptious
burger on my tongue...mmmm.
feels like summer to me. :D
great first entry on the Round Robin Freee. :)

ondinemonet said...

Trish :)

This is great. I love little outdoor cafe's. What a cool idea. :)

Love, Carly :)

csandhollow said...

I love sidewalk cafes!

mavarin said...

That's a LOT of people.  And I don't see any bodybuilders or roller skates! - Karen

sunflowerkat321 said...

Wow...that is quite a crowd!  Looks like Venice means summer to LOTS of people!!
:)

rap4143 said...

I really enjoy walking the boardwalk in the summer :)
Betty

judithheartsong said...

love it. judi

sepintx said...

Crowds! I do my best to avoid those in the summer. Nothing worse than being "people locked" in the heat! Good shot for summer.

Welcome to the Challenge!

krobbie67 said...

Aw...I love Venice. But holly cow molly it looks intensely crowded. I'm wondering if I've only been in the winter because that looks more crowded than even I have seen it and I love the crowds. It adds to the experience. Great pick for your pic!
:-) ---Robbie

miarenee24 said...

Very nice photo! I'm the same way with crowds. Just don't like them.

sonensmilinmon said...

I don't like crowds, yet, for some odd reason I wouldn't mind being there. :-)
Glad you joined the fun.

Monica
http://journals.aol.com/photographybymon/Mamarazzi/