Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Creativity

Don't wanna jinx anything but ... I'm on a roll.  Projects here and there, keeping me busy.  I do want to mention some progress, just to keep me semi-focused.  I'm hoping this will inspire me to continue with the creative process.

Project 1 - The script I'm revisiting.  So far, I've read three old versions (i like the first - and some of the second - best) and I'm slowly inputting everything into Final Draft (screenwriting software).  If this doesn't deter me from the project, nothing will.  It's a drag.  I don't know where I'm going with it - but I need it in the software so I can play with it.  I have notes all over the place.  So, we'll see.  I'm giving this till mid-August.  If I've lost interest or if the project is a bust, I'll move on (that's when Mercury goes direct.  Shut up.  This works for me.)

Project 2 - Music.  My music.  It's about time.  I picked up my guitar more than three times since last weekend.  That's a good sign.  I've been playing old songs with a new twist.  Not on purpose.  It's just what's happening.  And I'm liking it.  I wrote some of these ten years ago.  So, I'm not forcing anything.  Just letting the mood take me to whatever songs happen. 

In the process, I've written one and a half songs - sans lyrics.  That's a little strange for me.  Usually lyrics come easily, especially when the music comes.  But I've got la-la-las and doo-dee-doos for now.  Surprise:  Mraz is totally inspiring me.  Not blocking me.

Project 3 - I've been tapped by the acting bug again, but I can't tell you about this project yet.  Actually, I can't mention much about projects 4 and 5 either.

But I can tell you I am starting to understand the drive and inspiration in having more than one project going at a time.  When I get stuck or bored with one, I have a few others to tend to.  If one falls through, the others are available.  So far, it's working for me.  No pressure.  Just going with it.

Project 6 - After Mercury goes direct, I have another story/script brewing.  Oh, wait, I have two. (geez, 7 projects)  Both of these are so young, I have no idea where they'll go.  But it's all good.  One will most likely be a tween/teenage story.  That's all I know right now.

I've been reading writers' blogs - a mix of working screen and TV writers, published novelists and some aspiring writers.  Great information.  One thing I notice a lot is the improper use of "it's" as oppose to "its".  Good to see professional writers who make simple mistakes like the rest of us.  I'll fit right in.  The pressure's off.

All this and I would like to "call in" one or two (or more) new regular dogpark clients.  One dogpark trip a day (no individual walks) will pay my bills and continue to give me the freedom I'm blessed to have created these last couple of years.  Plus, my work gets me off my ass and out in the (fresh?) air once a day.

I could easily sit at the computer all day/night without ever leaving the house when I'm in this kind of groove.

So, to quote Mr. A-Z:
La la la la la la la life is wonderful
Ah la la la la la la life is full circle

I just now realized the script I'm revisiting will probably only account for 1/4 of the final project.  I wrote it ten years ago with a former writing partner.  But we dropped the project (for whatever reasons) and now I'm sorting through the pieces I have.  Wow. epiphany. right here. right now.  The end is only the beginning of the next segment.  Ooooh, good stuff.  Gotta go...


16 comments:

coy1234787 said...

Ahhh ... creative though slightly evasive!
Does sound like you "might" be on a roll. enjoy the journey!
                   *** Coy ***

rollinghillsides said...

sounds like those creative juices have started flowing nicely, good luck with everything! ....

jcgeorgiapeach said...

It does sound like you're busy!  Love to see it!  ~Peachy

yakima127 said...

Cool...all of it...JAE

mlw1456 said...

I had no idea you were a writer, too! You are very talented, Freee ... keep at it. Who knows where it will take you. And don't limit yourself --- let your imagination run wild! Keep tapping into that creativity, girl. While you're at it, live large and dream big! And don't forget us little people when you sail right to the top :) Glad to hear your soul has found its voice again. Open up and let it sing!  God bless, ~Swirly

babyshark28 said...

ahhh.
creativity is a great thing.
for people who are creative, it's like an infusion of fresh blood.
or something...
:)

ride the wave lady
ride the wave.
:D

judithheartsong said...

I love to have several projects going at once because I definitely get stuck or need to let a piece sit and decide the next direction...... I wanna know the super secret top secret things!!!!! xoxoxoxoxo judi

debbted said...

Hi~What an inspirational entry! Glad you are on such a roll! If you get a moment-I'd be interested to know what writers blogs you like to read? I could use to get some more projects going here...Blessings, Sassy ;-)

http://journals.aol.com/SassyDee50/SassysWORD

derossetfamily said...

hooray for projects! I could use some projects myself. I'm all about the new take on things. it reminds me of an old friend who played classical guitar like a genius and when he got it up his butt to do so, he would slow down an old gangsta rap classic such as 'gin and juice' and jazz it out. It was hilaaarious :)
what does mercury being in retrograde even mean? i keep meaning to ask you that. My new favorite mraz quote of the day: "so what if a two pump chump cant last?" ha! love him.
~Mary

derossetfamily said...

oh! ps- i thought i recognized the title, dreamlife of rand mcnally, i have that song on one of his live cd's--the java joe's cd--it's great of course, want me to burn you a copy?
Meant to put that in the email but i forgot till now :P
~Mary

aims814 said...

Wow! You've been busy! All sounds good :-) Happy to hear about it. Keep us posted.

hugs!

readmereadyou said...

You've been busy. This Mercury retro isn't annoying me this time. I seem to be more creative. Maybe because it's in Leo. : ) I can see you're being creative since before it began. : )
Angela

starbelle2 said...

Trish ~ Thanks for the tip about screenwriting software. I had no idea there was such a thing! Suzy Colorado

deabvt said...

Busy, busy...Great!
V

txsguinan said...

I am loving this surge of creativity (go you!) and all 7 of your unmentionable projects.

Also, I would like to star in the tween/teenage story.  Call me...... :)

luckyaugustgirl said...

Just checking in. Was listening to Walls of Pain when i thought i had better come and read. You are sounding very busy, and VERY productive on your creative endeavours! Good luck!! :) Hope you are finally staying cool out there and your enjoying your new AC! Im hoping to have AC in my new dorm. Eeeeek!

Take care of you:)  Sounds like your doing a great job!

Sarah