Thursday, June 2, 2005

Roomies

Here we go.  Andi's stuff has finally arrived.  Let the games begin...again.

I'm sure we had a living room floor here somewhere. 

Actually, it's a little comforting as I sit on the couch, surrounded by more boxes and furniture.  We have a lot of work ahead of us, but I can feel a sense of relief, knowing we're able to fully settle into our home.

Luckily we really like our apartment because after all I've been through, I have no intentions of moving any time soon.

Andi's movers were amazing.  Aside from one small mishap in the alley (their fault) and one or two slightly bigger mistakes (not their fault), the guys hustled their butts.

Skinny boy and his mini-me came packed with solid muscle.  I never would've guessed.  Robbie would've been impressed with their work ethic.  They even got Andi's computer hutch up the stairs, through the front, hallway and bedroom doors without so much as a bump on the wall.

It's a real good thing we didn't move in on the same day (or in the same week).  Trying to imagine all my boxes in the mix is more than I can handle.  I still have five or so of my own boxes to get through.  My bedroom could use some more attention.  But I'll get there.

Hunny was a great sport this evening.  When the movers arrived, I put her in my room with the fan on high so she wouldn't be bothered by our comings and goings.  She never made a peep.  I imagine it was a little confusing when she came out to a single-lane pathway from the bedroom to the kitchen -- with a small branch off to the front door.

I'm really impressed with how Hunny's handling all these changes.  She loves Andi.  It was love at first sight when they first met in January.

Yeah, this is a good thing...

11 comments:

krobbie67 said...

Hip-hip-hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yeah for great work ethic. heeheehee.

Wow, it looks like Andi's chair will match perfectly with the couch too.

I can't wait to see it tomorrow. (Don't think you're backing out. You'll need a break.) One last ---> Hip-hip-Hooray!!!!!!!!! :-) ---Robbie

sistercdr said...

All right!  Good luck, getting settled, you two.

babyshark28 said...

you two look cozy and content among boxes and misplaced furniture....or well placed.

indeed, let the games begin. :D

mikethedawg said...

I see sunshine. The apartment looks so bright. It's so bright there, no wander Gigi needed extra shades.
Glad the stuff has finally arrived. Andi has some great stuff, it'll be like Christmas for the both of you!

derossetfamily said...

I'm glad her stuff made it! Now she can get comfy with her place in the world :)
I actually LOVE unpacking, I'd be all over those boxes in no time! It's the packing up part that sucks for me. Hooray for Hunny and Big Muscles! :D
~Mary

txsguinan said...

OMG!  Look how cute you two are!  And that is really a whole lot o' stuff.  Where are the Merlot glasses when you need them...?  :)

deabler3 said...

Yea, Hunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
V

judithheartsong said...

I am so glad that things are getting there. judi

ryanagi said...

Wow...it looks like Andi's arm chair goes perfect with the new sofa. Cool! Things look like they are coming together. Glad to see you guys settling in so well. :-)  Hope you hand and finger heal up soon! Get over to see a dermatologist.

kathlyna22 said...

woo hoo to Andi's movers!!
You two girls have fun,
hows about some pics of Hunny!
sorry, Im in cute dog withdrawl!
Kathleen

coy1234787 said...

OMG ... nothing as stressful as moving!
I'm a little late reading this, hope most
of that stuff is all put away. Good thing
you've got friends that are willing to help!
               *** Coy ***