Wednesday, June 1, 2005

Lame Overdue Update

:::::long drawn out sigh:::::

Honestly, I don't know where to begin.  I know I should update my journal but life is happening so fast, I can hardly keep up.  I don't even have time to stop and think.

As you probably know, Andi's here.  She came in late Friday night.  I got a flat tire on our way to get her from the airport.  Actually two flat tires.  Only one spare.  You do the math.  Made for a very eventful (stressful and painful) night.

I severely crushed my finger while trying to remove the spare from the back of the car.  That's just one reason I've been a little quiet around here.  Robbie could probably explain it better, since she was with me.  I was mostly traumatized, bleeding on the sidewalk, crying actual tears, afraid I chopped the tip of my finger right off.  The finger is still swollen and leaking.  The tip is completely numb and the nail is purple.  I have to keep it wrapped when I'm out and about.  Otherwise, it's hella pain if I knock it or bump it.  That's the left hand.

My right hand looks like that of a burn victim.  My eczema may not be eczema.  But I've yet to have it diagnosed.  I've been loading it with so many medications and lubricants - and they seem to be working.  But nothing is actually stopping it from spreading all over my hands a little at a time.  It is so bad that my hands are cracking and bleeding.  So I wrap my hands in gauze during the day.

We've been insanely busy trying to settle in our new home.  We're assembling shelves and drawers, getting the kitchen and bathroom organized and making the livingroom livable.  The days are flying by and there's still so much to do.  Andi's stuff isn't even here yet.  That's gonna be a whole 'nother process.

I don't see any downtime in my near future.  I have to keep going while I have the energy.  I seem to be at least one half step outside of my body.  It's the only way to get through.  And obviously there's some kind of message in, around or about my hands.  I'll get it ... when I come up for air.

Aside from all the mishaps, the lack of sleep and the self-torture, Andi and I are getting along well.  We seem to have very similar taste in home decor.  I'm rediscovering a long lost love for Merlot.  And she got her first taste of why I'm a Mraz Spaz.  And I admit, it's been wonderful waking up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee.  Sleeping in has never been so sweet.

10 comments:

jennipooh3597 said...

Hope it evens out soon... so you can breathe.  Hugs to you, Trish :)  L, Jenn

sunflowerkat321 said...

I don't know how you're getting anything done with your hands in such a state.  I've had that cracking/bleeding thing....it's no fun AT ALL!!  I've also nearly taken off a finger tip...you have ALL my empathy on that one.

I'm sure it's great having Andi there and getting your new place together. I hope the as you continue to settle in, things go much more smoothly.  Thankd god/dess for Merlot!!
:)

sistercdr said...

Take care of yourself.

heathyrxmarie said...

Awwww!  I was JUST thinking about you the other day! I'm glad that things are going well for you and Andi.  Seems the hardest transition has been your excema.  I'm really thinking that's what it is.  You should get a prescription strength hydracortisone cream.  I had cracking/bleeding hands in the winter really bad.  The cream mentioned above is usually a prescription.  I hope it goes away asap and your fingers feel better :(
Hugs,
xo
Heather
http://journals.aol.com/heathyrxmarie/ImNotBroken

mikethedawg said...

Thanks for the update, now take a time out and care for yourself! I'll make due with my Trish Monaco CD. I am not kidding when I say I listened to "Walls of Pain" 5 times yesterday. Makes it feel like I have a Trishy right there in my car with me.
Take care sweets. Love and hugs and channeling healing vibes your way!

babyshark28 said...

wow.
poor girl. :(
I hope your hand doesn't
have a certain skin staphf infection.
you should REALLY go get it looked after.
really.  it's worrying me.

I use neosporin (sp?) on my cuts when
my skin dries out, it works.
take care lady.
xo

derossetfamily said...

aw! sorry about your hands. When you do get a break, it'll be long overdue, you (and Andrea too!) could use some pampering..you should look into it! Glad things are going smooth with you and Andrea--I think you'll make great roomies! Ha. Love that word. Did you hear Mraz's new single? I almost peed myself bc that only has to mean theres a new cd coming out! WOO! Hope things start to sloooooow down for you soon :)
~Mary

kristeenaelise said...

YOWCH!  When it rains, it pours, no?  It sounds like everything else is going ok, but I think there's something screaming in the background - something like its time to slow down a bit...ya think?  (...and maybe go see the doc in the process??)

=) kris

txsguinan said...

God that's awful about your hands!  I'm so sorry.  Why do you think it's not eczema?  And why aren't you using gloves?  And why ARE you whacking your hands about so?  And who is Mraz, whom I do not know?  And why aren't I there today?  Huh?  Who, what, when, where, why?

Inquiring minds want to know.  :)

deabler3 said...

Awww, maybe you oughtta get your paws checked out!
V