Thursday, June 9, 2005

Down Time Anyone?

I had some really vivid dreams last night.  Not that it's any different from any other night.  But one of the moments in last night's dream that stands out clearly is I was going to have two whole weeks off.  Meaning, no work.  No obligations.  No extra dogs.  No running around.  No reason to have to get up in the morning.

It was such a freeing feeling.  Mostly because it wasn't going to affect my income.

Sadly I woke up realizing I have to go to work today, and tomorrow, and all next week.  It's pretty clear to me that I need some major down time.  I feel out of sorts in my room.  Things are functional but they're just not warm yet.  I get distracted.  I allow it.  I like it.  But then I come back here and remember how unfinished things feel.

My bed has suddenly become uncomfortable.  I tossed and turned all night.  My lower back is sore - really sore.  I couldn't find a comfortable spot to sleep in.  The sun rises on my side of the apartment.  Until my shades arrive, I have to strategically hide from the three inches of blinding sunlight that blaze through the useless vertical blinds - a direct shot to my eyes every morning.  I was so fed up this morning that I put eyeshades on - reminiscent of a lush with a hangover.  They worked well.  I would've slept longer if my back hadn't been so sore.

I think it's time for a new bed.  Not yet.  Can't afford it.  But it could be my next major purchase.  Maybe this fall.  But first, baby needs a new pair of shoes.  Well, actually she needs to see the vet.  She's scratching her paws too.  Yes, I realize that statement implies I have paws.  Ah well.  It just sounded more weird to say she's scratching her hands.  Either way, she's scratching.  I'm scratching.  It's all one big itch!

My hands seem to be getting a little better.  It's still difficult to tell.  I have a couple of more days to go on the antibiotics.  I don't notice any new bumps.  The old ones seem to be drying up and fading away.  Some are cracking because they're located on the joints.  Fingers are still swollen and rough.  I can't wear jewelry because they're just so ugly I don't want to draw attention to them.  Sad because I like my hands.

...

OK, so I just cleaned the kitchen a bit and totally realized why my place isn't as organized as I'd like.  I've been in way too much pain and discomfort to really do things the way I want.  My hands must be healing.  It felt good to be in the kitchen.

10 comments:

derossetfamily said...

You really need that time off. I've had a dream like that too and the next morning I woke up and cried! Try to move around whatever you can move around, figure out where you can cut a couple corners and take the time off! In the meantime, pick up a two dollar curtain rod, whip out your handy drill, and throw a dark blanket over the window. Also, since I seem to be quick to advise today, lol, make sure when you buy a mattress to go firmer. I have a truly bad back and the softer the mattress, the worse I feel the next day. But I like soft things, so firm mattress with a pillowtop. There ya go. Layaway? luv ya!
~Mary

mikethedawg said...

Maybe do your room feng shui-ish...read up on where to place what.
My bed has been very very uncomfortable too. I haven't slept well at all lately. Toss, turn, too hot, too cold, where did I throw the comforter, parched, skin is dry, back hurts, I have to pee, Mars is too close, need room.

ondinemonet said...

Trish :)

Oh darlin, my heart goes out to you. I have been fighting an Epstein-Barr episode for a few months now, and I can understand how you feel. Feeling icky gets old...fast! Hang in there sweetie.

Love, Carly :)

meiru13 said...

Hello.......sending you luv.  (Extra luv for your hands!)  

Oh and luv for Honey, too.

Julia

geminiwilder said...

I'm sorry your hands are feeling so horrid!  
Sending healing thoughts to the west of me.

xo Phin

aims814 said...

I have the same problem with my hands. I have eczema and I'm allergic to EVERYthing. Being a hairstylist whose hands are allergic to shampoo, sucks. :( Really, allergic to shampoo. Go figure.

Try A&D ointment. Works pretty good at night too if you gob it on and wear socks on your hands. You can find it on the diaper rash ointment aisle. :)

hugs!

(I've got some catching up to do around here!)

montaukny said...

{{Freee}}  Glad to hear that your hands are doing a little better!  My sister-in-law gets eczema pretty badly & :::swears::: that Noxema clears it up.  In fact, she claims that Noxema is pretty much good for everything!  Reminds me of the father in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" with the Windex!!!  LOL

Love,
~~Aunt Nub~~

PS  I know that I've only been lurking for quite sometime now...but has my journal been ::::that:::: boring that you took it off your sidebar list???  <<<big sigh>>>

coy1234787 said...

    Awwww, Free ...
    It's not easy to get to feeling better when you are under the weather,
with such a physically demanding job as yours and all that moving
you've just done ...  
    Every body needs a little down time, hope you'll find some.
                             *** Coy ***

http://journals.aol.com/coy1234787/Dancingintherain

phlskygirl said...

Yikes.  I can't believe it's been so long since I've been in the proper frame of mind to want to read journals, to reach out to others when I knew I'd enjoy and appreciate it properly.  I can't believe how much I've missed while in transit, physically and mentally!

Trishy, I'm so glad your hands are feeling better.  I can't imagine what kind of pain, annoyance, and frustration you must be going through --  it's your HANDS, for chrissakes.  Dealing with doggies and leashes can't possibly help the situation.  Oh, and MOVING.  Hello.  Ouch.

I love the photo of you and Ahndrayah a few entries ago, the one of you looking all pixie-ish, and of her looking like she'd just choked on a mouthful of Sourpatch Kids.  Adorable.  

Hopefully you're not the dragasstinator when it comes to settling in after a move that I am.  I've learned to like living out of boxes and eating nothing but Ramen and crackers because I was too lazy to unpack.  Luckily (or unluckily), Antonio has taken care of so much for me, before I even got here, that there's really no excuse to sit around like a slug.  Not that I'm letting that stop me...

Holy crap, we're in the same time-zone!  Yay!

deabvt said...

Take care of those paws!
V