Wednesday, June 8, 2005

AndiLand

She calls herself a simpleton who shies away from people.  But last Sunday, if it weren't for her, none of us would've discovered the great mexican restaurant at the corner of our street. 

We had worked hard, all day long.

Gigi came from behind the Orange Curtain. 

Robbie came from The Valley.

Clearing boxes, cleaning glassware, pots, pans and tupperware.  Unpacking towels, clothes, vases, framed artwork.  It was one of our most productive days.

All day I'd been eyeing the bottles of wine, waiting for a break in the work.  Finally around 2:30, after my third or fourth try to tempt the Yakkies into getting our wine-on, Gigi announced that it's five o'clock somewhere.  Time for a wine, cheese and bread break.  A break that turned into the end of our work day.

We spent a good long hour cackling and giggling our way through a bottle of red.  At least, I think it was red.  Maybe more like a plumb color.  It complimented my crushed fingernail.

When it became close to actually being 5:00 our time, I was pretty lit.  Andi got a burst of energy, Let's go to dinner!  "A tavern? Around the corner? I'm there," chirped Gigi, who just moments before was gearing up to hit the road for a little romantic barbeque with the hubs.  Robbie was ready to give Andi a tour of Hollywood.  I was ready for bed.

The next thing I knew, Andi flitted out of her bedroom, cute as can be, ready to paint the town!

Yeah, she's doing juuuuuust fine!

9 comments:

andreakingme said...

Great entry, Trishy! You're so good to mention all the help Gigi and Robbie have been. Man, I haven't written squat about 'em because it seems I'm too busy complaining.

Whoa, that must mean it's time for wine.

sunflowerkat321 said...

Glad to hear from you Trish.  Andi is leading us to believe she won't walk out of the house (until the composite today).  Glad to know that she really is doing fine.  Great pics!!!

derossetfamily said...

That slide is so adorable! I'm so glad Andreas doing so well, she rocks! :)
The apartment looks awesome, you guys really have been working hard!
~Mary

indigosunmoon said...

Looks like everybody is settling in well!
So glad you have a great room mate
Trish!!!  And she's such a cutie pie!
Lovish!
Connie

krobbie67 said...

I love the slideshow!!! She is so adorable and it shows it well!

Whew!!! That lifting of bread, cheese and wine glass was back-breaking work. As usual, I arrived just in time. :-) ---Robbie

babyshark28 said...

boy, andi sure does like that chair!  LOL.
I am glad she is doing just fiiiiiiine.  love to see her smile. :D
love those unplanned moments of fun with girlfriends.
i live for it most days.
(mmmmm mexican)
sidenote: I think her and mines hair color is exactly the same.
whoooah.  picture just SPED up. lol.

aims814 said...

Lovin' the slide show! Good to see that Andi's doing just fine there!

cyndygee said...

If you and Andi are sick of the day to day, the 9 to 5 . . .
            you ought to collaborate and write a book.  I just know you could write something that would be terrific.  Just a thought.  It's almost 2:30 in the morning and I think the Pixie's stopped a moment and sprinkled a little pixie dust on my shoulders.  HEY! Even Pixilated, I still think it's a really good idea!!!

http://journals.aol.com/cyndygee/TheRealWorldofcyndygee

txsguinan said...

Oh, gosh ~ I've been so busy this week I just saw this ~ how adorable!  I love the slideshow, and it's plain to see that little pixie Andi is learning to love the camera like a native....or is it the other way around?  Hey, now it's really picking up...how the heck do you do that?  Nevermind; I won't understand.

Got any more boxes?  I'll do anything for a glass of wine and some Yak time at the local cantina... :)