Thursday, June 23, 2005

'fair' and 'minor' earthquake

Now this I felt! 

I was awake.  My clock read 3:33.

Even though it was a 'fair' micro quake -- Even though it was three miles down the street -- And even though it was more than 10 miles deep into the earth, it felt like my room came to an abrupt stop and shook me from behind.  There's nothing like the rumbling sound of an earthquake.  Worse is my overactive mind after a minor quake in the middle of the night.

I'm pretty sure Andi slept through this one too.  Lucky.  I'm having trouble falling back to sleep.

 

above image taken from Southern California Earthquake Data Center's website.

10 comments:

yakima127 said...

Scary...JAE

geminiwilder said...

"i hope that you have luck of sleeping through the next one too, like Andi." ~ comment from my son Beau, age 9.

he is concerned for you, Trish!  :  )      xo phinney  

kathlyna22 said...

How can she sleep through the ground moving?
Amazing.
I'm glad you're ok, now sleep the whole day away
Kathleen

judithheartsong said...

I frequently wake up at 3:33.... have never figured out why. I have never experienced a real earthquake and could easily skip that experience. You be safe out there. hugs, judi

babyshark28 said...

I must have woke up about 5 times through 3am.  but, I didn't feel no quake...being up in Washington.  I just for some reason couldn't stay asleep.
Doesn't this make you nervous though?  It's like California is warming up for a good size one....hope not though.
nice map, too many squares though. lol.

andreakingme said...

Holy crap!

chattiekimmie said...

Scary! Glad you are ok. :)

deabvt said...

Yikes!!
V

derossetfamily said...

I would have been up with ya! I'm not big on natural disasters being in my path, aaahhh!
~Mary

screaminremo303 said...

Oops. Sorry. I was aiming for San Clemente...

My bad.