Sunday, May 1, 2005

Not exactly

The move may be a month away for Andi but it's only two weeks away for me.  Most of these two weeks will be filled (overbooked) with extra dog work.  A fellow dogwalker is going on vacation and many of her clients want a fill-in.  That'd be me.  I'm prepared to be too tired to pack during the week.  I haven't had a day off in five weeks.  So, yeah, I guess you could say I'm a little anxious.

Oh, why is my move only two weeks away?  For a few reasons actually.  Originally, I was planning to fly to Indiana to be with Andi in her home town for her last week there - and fly back to LA with her.  So the 15th is the date I expected my roommate to move out.  It would've given me time to prepare (sanitize) for Andi's arrival, before I left for Indiana.  Because that date was drilled into my roommate's mind, I figured I'd keep it as my move out date too.

Plus, the apartment we found is vacant and available now.  The landlord wanted us to move in on the first of May (um, today) but she was kind and willing to begin our lease on the 15th.  [Practically unheard of around here. Most property owners want their units filled.  They'd double-book them if they could.]

I also figure, this will give me time to settle in so I can be more physically and emotionally available for Andi's arrival on the 27th.  I can take care of last minute things or unforeseen issues like waiting for the gas company or troubleshooting cable hookups.  That's what I'm good for - technical issues, organizing and furniture placement.  Things like decorating the bathroom, choosing colors and picking out fabrics are in Andi's hands.

Hey, that makes us sound like a good team.  I like that!

As a bonus, May 15th will get me out of this place faster!  So yeah, two weeks for me.  OK, maybe I'm a little anxious.

13 comments:

yakima127 said...

I, personally, would be freaking out!  So, being a "little anxious" is totally understandable!  Very cute home, BTW...good luck!  JAE

bridgetteleigh75 said...

Wow...the new home looks REALLY nice.  I'm seriously impressed.  You did good, Trish!!  

I'm sure you're anxious...I know I would be too.  But it's so awesome of you to help Andi out in so many ways during this difficult time in her life.  

You're the gal, Trish!!!

Love,
b

derossetfamily said...

The apartment is so cute! I especially like all the natural light with those big windows, good find! I'm like you, I get so anxious to move when it's all set in stone, lol I'm like screw this place I wanna set up my pretty NEW place! :-)
I think you guys will make an excellent team..I'm so excited for the future journal entries from both of you! Definitely a new journey.
~Mary

krobbie67 said...

I am drooling over that washer and dryer but I must say that kitchen has my attention more so. It's HUGE!!!!  Lot's of great light too! Oh, I'm getting excited for you and Andi. It's going to be a great place.

You don't have to do this alone. Yah know? I'd be more than happy to help. (Now, do you understand the 'punk' knickname?) I can't fit much in my car but I can carry practically anything. I'll leave the weekend of the 15th open, if you want.
:-) ---Robbie

judithheartsong said...

I wish I could help you. Take good care of yourself at this time and breathe. love, judi

coy1234787 said...

    The place looks great, sorry it's all happening at such a stressful time. You know that we would all help if we were closer, hopefully you will take Robbie up on her generous offer, you are lucky to have a friend like her. Try to relax everything will get done whether you stress over it or not!
     Even though most of us tend to resist change, it's usually a good thing! Good luck and breathe!
                                                    *** Coy ***                                

onestrangecat said...

what a great looking place.  what a huge kitchen.
i have the same type of washer/dryer combo.

Kathy

sunflowerkat321 said...

The place looks wonderful.  It will be fun to see it evolve as you two get settled in.

stephweiss said...

The place looks GREAT!! Enjoy the move.

deveil said...

we're both a few weeks from Moving, I'm supposed to move June 1st.

Derek

dazeychic said...

Good luck with the move and getting a fab new roomie! You two are gonna have some great times in the bright apartment! I wish you nothing but the best the next couple of weeks! (and forever and ever!) ~Shells

deabvt said...

Looks Great, tho!
V

speakfreely79 said...

Looks like a great place to move to. I can't wait til I can find a great place.

I'll check back later

SpeakFreely79