Saturday, May 14, 2005

Moving Day

I woke up thinking I might write about my time here at this current apartment -- saying goodbye -- a sort of closure.  I've lived here for two years.  I think it's the longest I've lived anywhere in the last 13 years.  So, that's something.  It came at a time when I was coming out of a relationship, needing a place to rest my head.  I've taken this time to rebuild my business and get my wits about me.

That's about all I've got for now.

No time to get all sentimental.  I broke down and took a dog walking job this weekend.  I was getting so many calls.  I turned everyone down, until one of my regulars called yesterday looking for last-minute help.  So instead of reminiscing this morning, I'll be walking doggies and running to Target for at least one very important item I almost forgot.  I imagine this Target trip will be the first of many this weekend.

Mover-boys are expected here anytime by the afternoon.  First he said 9am.  Then he said 2pm.  Yesterday he said "as close to 1pm as possible."  Nice huh?  I don't mind.  I'm supporting a 'starving screenwriter'.  He and his crew have one move this morning and they'll come from there. 

They'll do everything - wrap, load, unload, unwrap and assemble furniture.  All for one guaranteed price.  Not by the hour.  No hidden costs.  Robbie's coming for moral support.  We'll watch...closely.  I'm taking a few boxes in my car.  Sentimental irreplaceables.

Hunny's with her cousin Opie and Auntie Cheryl - and the cats of course.  Gotta get cash from the bank for the movers.  A few more items need packing.  The more I sit here, the more I think of things I need to do.  I'd better go.

See you when I get to my new home.  Have a great day everyone.

13 comments:

yakima127 said...

Hope it all goes smoothly...JAE

jcgeorgiapeach said...

Best of luck to you!  Will catch you on the flip side!  (A little CB talk thrown in for good measure.)  Tell Robbie hey for me.  ~Peachy

babyshark28 said...

Wow.
so here is the day.
like I have said everytime.
I'm very excited for you, not one bit nervous.
(because it's not me)

Your amazing.
I greatly admire this journey you have been on.
this track of self improvement and inner peace, you have inspired me.
andi too.
actually, there has been many journey's going on in j-land lately.
it's inspiring. :)

grodygeek said...

Freee
The time from hey room mate, you gonna move to you actumoving did pass really fast. Maybe the low interest rates made for more appartments being vacant? I see signs everywhere here about vacancies and it wasn't always that way.

I really hope the weather is cooperative. I've moved in the rain and snow and rotten weather makes it so much harder.

Glad you have Robbie to come and help. Support is always useful. And hey the starving screenwriter thing is great. I'd alway rather help someonoe like that than some thick headed teamster. College movers, college painters, and so forth. Okay, we all gotta work and eat, but some people have a need to gouge and others just do the work for a fair price.

Good luck!!!

Gordy
the cycling curmudgeon

txsguinan said...

And here I thought we were all starving screenwriters.

Wishing you smooth sailing on moving day ~ I'm with you in spirit, although not in any helpful, physical flesh-type way.  Yay Robbie!  Luck to you both.   :)

s0ngbird1962 said...

Freee, hoping that all goes well with the move....  A new adventure, YAY!!!

krobbie67 said...

"He and his crew have one move this morning"


Crew??? Crew?!? THAT was a crew. Ahahahaha. Oh, I guess I forgot to mention he offered me a job. I, of course, quickly turned him down.

Blessings on the new abode. It's going to be great! It almost makes me wistful for my 43rd (or is it 42nd?) move. Nah, but it has guilted me out to finish my unpacking and really settle in here. You know find some solid-patterned furniture and hang a picture or two. ;-p ---Robbie

indigosunmoon said...

Good luck with the moving!
I hope nothing gets broken!
Lovish!
Connie

alphawoman1 said...

Hope it all went well.

derossetfamily said...

oh my gawd that really did come fast!
Have fun starting this next chapter!
~Mary

jennipooh3597 said...

Hope the move went smoothly :)  And hopefully, settling in will be comforting and not chaotic.  Be well, L, Jenn

ryanagi said...

Hope the move went ok! Sounds like it from Robbie's entry. Can't wait to see photos of the new setup! I loved the looks of the kitchen and stuff from your older post. The kitchen looks very much like mine. Also can't wait to see photos of move in day for Andi!!  That is sooo cool that you guys are going to be roomies!

mikethedawg said...

Yeah! Trishy finally updated her sidebar! Love the pic!
Um, eminem... we are so alike sometimes, it's freakin scarey...yup, eminems been on my radio alot lately too. It's weird, because I don't like rap, but somethin about his stuff just makes me laugh.