Tuesday, May 3, 2005

Mish Mosh May

Whoooboy was I hormonal yesterday!  From rage, to tears to pain to peace.  I'm good now.

I went over on my cell phone minutes.  I mean, way over.  I already get free nights and weekends, free mobile-to-mobile and 1500 free anytime minutes.  And still, I went way over my anytime minutes.

Granted, most of my calls were to/from Andi regarding details of our move in these last couple of weeks.  And many other calls were to/from potential landlords, scheduling meetings and walk-throughs.  Oh, and moving companies with their estimates.  And all this extra work -- lots of client calls this month.

I guess that's all part of the business of work and moving.  Because seriously, I'm not shooting the breeze on the phone as much as I usually do.  Who has time?  Well, maybe a little, with Andi...to break up the business talk.  Gotta keep the balance.  She's going through a major change.  I'm just going through a teeny-tiny change.

As I've said before, I do most of my calling in the car.  But with all the details needed to keep in order lately, I'm making double-time calls.  One to tell the person I got the message "but I'm in the car and don't have my books in front of me" so I call them back when I get home.  Geez, what am I ... running a business here?  [Um, yeah.]

I need to move all the boxes I've packed and piled because they are in drippage range -- and we're expecting rain sometime in the next few days.  What is the deal with this rain?  I don't know what I was thinking when I stacked the boxes there -- I guess I just...wasn't.

My double-dogwalking-duty starts this Thursday and runs through next Friday.  I am happy for the extra work.  I'm happy to help a fellow dogwalker.  And I'm happy to know she trusts me to cover for her.  At first she thought maybe three of her clients would want a fill-in.  As it turns out, six of them requested someone.  That's right.  SIX.  Six extra dogs.  Over and above my groups.  In addition to the two individual walks.  One whole extra dogpark trip.  Say goodnight Gracie!

I thought this weekend would be my very first weekend off in two months.  But Igot a call today for Friday and Saturday walks.  Plus, I scheduled an appointment for cable and internet hookup at the new address on Saturday.  You know how that goes.  I'll be sitting in an empty apartment for five hours waiting.  My computer's portable.  I'll bring DVDs and a pillow.

Perhaps Sunday will be my first day free...to finish packing, that is.

I'm going to live out of a suitcase all next week while working those extra hours.  When the moving guys come on the morning of the 15th, I want everything to be packed.  No wasting time.  No last-minute boxes.

I figure my end of the move will take no more than three hours.  I should be in by noon.  I'll have the rest of that day to rummage through boxes looking for the necessities.  Ha!  I never realize how much stuff I have until I move.  It's insane.  Especially because I really don't have much stuff.

I watched the first eight episodes of Survivor Outback.  It's really exciting.  Of course, I know who wins because I've seen Survivor All-Stars.  But still, it's riveting.  Just waiting for more episodes to arrive.  For now, I have The Corporation.  It looked interesting.  And it was recommended by Netflix, based on my past rentals.  We'll see.

Bought good healthy eats today.  All in the fridge, waiting for me.  Let's hope I take the time to cook the protein.  Knowing me, I'll work all day, buy ready-made food on my way home, eat and then crash.  Hey, whatever it takes.

That's it.  My slug of an entry.  Just a raw update.  I'm going to try to get to sleep earlier than usual.  Just to mentally and physically prepare for what's ahead.

Peace All

is anyone else getting a lot of 'script errors' in journals?  i.e. buttons aren't working.  comments/posts aren't saving.  links aren't linking.  just curious.  aol in general, seems slow for me lately.  anyone?

9 comments:

bridgetteleigh75 said...

Trish...first, I actually have been having some trouble with your journal.  In your last entry, I couldn't save my comment.  Then, I wasn't even able to get into your journal for nearly an hour.  I'm not sure what's going on.  It just kept telling me the web site was down.  Thankfully, I haven't had any trouble so far today!  ::keeping fingers crossed::

Sounds like you're going to be one busy girl over the next few weeks.  But just think of all the MONEY!!  <grin>

And yes, I can vouch for the phone call from the road.  LOL  I think we talked for nearly 3 hours that day you called me many moons ago.  =)  Miss you!

Love,
b

heathyrxmarie said...

It sure sounds like you're busy, and it's not going to stop anytime soon! I'm thinking good thoughts for you and Andi, and that the move goes smoothly for the two of you!
Hugs,
xo
Heather
http://journals.aol.com/heathyrxmarie/ImNotBroken

coy1234787 said...

Great slug of an entry ... raw update!
Glad you are feeling better and hope
you get some extra rest!
          *** Coy ***




andreakingme said...

I don't think anybody who's keeping tabs on you minds a sluggish entry. It's news. It's interesting. It's you. (I sound like a TV commercial or something, don't I?)

All I have to say is what I said yesterday: better get on your game, girl. Gotta get some good, healthy eats and plenty of sleep. You need to be strong in the next few weeks. (So do I. I'll be power packing this weekend and obssessing over everything I packed and still need to pack in the coming week. Should be funnnnnn.)

I haven't been getting any wonky AOL error messages. Maybe the AOL Gods are taking pity on me for once.

xo!

kristeenaelise said...

I've been having trouble getting comments to post, or viewing comments too.  Must be something in the atmosphere...

I've been grumping and hormonal too - its time for a giant attitude adjustment.  I think all of us are going through so much right now, so its sort of excusable.  I just need to snap out of it.  Sounds like you already have!!

I'll be kinda happy once June's here.  Sounds like y'all will be too.

hugs!
=) kris

deabvt said...

My son`s girl friend is out of town.....1 month, $400.00 over on his cell!
V

derossetfamily said...

Well, in regards to the aol thing, I was going to say that your sidebar was going a little wackadoo on my screen, which it was, but I never got that far because I got disconnected, which never happens. So yup! I notice!
Anyway, god, you must be exhausted. But just think, you scratch another dogwalkers back, eventually, you get some time off too. Something to look forward to. Plus, unpacking is always more fun than packing, I think. So, once everythings out, and you begin adjusting, then everything will start to calm down for you. Enjoy those dvd's, and sleep :)
~Mary

judithheartsong said...

you take good care of yourself. judi

babyshark28 said...

ahh, this wasn't a slug entry. I liked it.
I like your simple updates. :)

and yes, once in awhile things seem bogged down.  but, I also have dial up now, so everything is slow...
but, even so, yeah.  sometimes web pages wont even load. frustrating.