Thursday, April 28, 2005

oh to dream...

If I had the extra money (when I have the extra money) I would buy a big community building in the city, only for residents who have dogs.  It would require a lot of upkeep.  But remember, I'll have the extra money.  It'll be worth it.  It'll be the most desired place to live in the city...on the westside...by the beach.

The ad will say:  DOGS ONLY.  A minimum of one dog per unit is required.  Will consider other pets.  But must have at least one DOG over 25 lbs to secure move-in.

The community would have plenty of grass, sand, toys, balls, water bowls and wading pools for dogs only.  The grounds would be maintained by dog-friendly people all day, every day.

Oh, I imagine there would be some legalities to consider.  Everyone would be required to sign a waiver accepting full responsibility for their dog's actions - just like a child.

It would be exactly opposite as it is in most city areas.  Dogs will be allowed everywhere.  All doggy playgrounds, sandboxes, walkways, basketball courts and pools will be strictly off-limits for kids.  Kids will only be allowed in "the kid park," a small, messy playground for kids where dogs can torment them and steal their toys.

The rental application would ask for a personal essay on why I want to live here, accompanied by letters of recommendation from friends and/or coworkers.  No banking information would be required.  No credit checks.  No faceless applicants.  All walks of life would be welcome.  Rent would be based on what tenants could afford.  Maybe some would pay in trade for grounds keeping, maintenance, community service, etc.

Yeah, well, that was fun.  Now back to reality.  Still searching ...

19 comments:

babyshark28 said...

first off.
u r hot. :p

ok.
I would imagine it would be very difficult to find a place that's accepting of dogs as well.  My friend, who had moved to CA had a dog and i remember her stories.  So, I think your idea is a GREAT one.  :)

indigosunmoon said...

Oh to dream...indeed.
Connie

krobbie67 said...

Awwww...cute pictures! Hey, everything starts with a dream. So...you're on your way there - to heaven it seems. :-) ---Robbie

bridgetteleigh75 said...

Sounds like a great place, Trish.  If only...

Love,
b

s0ngbird1962 said...

How big is Hunny....?  She gives the appearance of being a small-ish dog.  Sounds like you are having a tough time finding a new place.  Tell your roommate you tried, but he needs to live up to his original plan...of him moving out.  Would be much easier for him without an animal.    Ahhhhhhhhhhh....life, not always easy.  Good luck with everything.  The pictures look great, especially like the middle one.  : )

yakima127 said...

If you ever have the extra money, and could make this dream world a reality, let me know!  And I can scoop the poop with the best!  I know first-hand how difficult it is to find a pet friendly place.  It is the reason I ended up in a crappy complex on the third floor...JAE

kuhlhiggins said...

Sounds like a wonderful idea. I would love to live at a place like that.
Love,
Kat
PS You have pretty eyes.

andreakingme said...

Hee! I love the idea of a nice apartment complex devoted entirely to dogs and their lucky owners. (I don't think this is legal, though, which is why we haven't ever seen anything like this. Can't descriminate. Well, I guess descrimination against dogs is okay, but not against people who don't have dogs ... or something.)

It's really a sweet idea, Trishy. Oh, if only.

barbaramck said...

Honey,

There is a place like that. It's called PERFECT! :::sigh:::

God Speed, the best things come to those who are dog walkers *wink*

Barbie @~>~~~

cw2smom said...

What a great idea!  It could work too!  I hope your dream comes true!  Lisa

gabreaelinfo said...

I love kids and dogs. I have one son, two dogs, and 20 fish. However I have never seen a "No Children Allowed" lease, or children damage deposit. Most kids do more damage in one month than a dog does all year.
Gabreael

coy1234787 said...

Love the dreamy photos!
Good luck finding the right place.
             *** Coy ***

aims814 said...

Very good dream. I have the same dream.

I've missed you! I've been out of touch with all of you guys and miss you so much. I'm trying to play catch-up now.

ps ... Love those photos. You're so darn-cute!

Love you!

stephweiss said...

Try this place: www.AzureCreek.com. Unfortunately, it's not in LA... but it's where I live. It's not quite as extreme as we woudl both like (heh), but we do have an on premises dog park, and when the place is not 100% occupied (not often because of their great dog policy!) there's a big banner out front that says: "WE (heart) BIG DOGS!" The dog park has its own Clifford the Big Red Dog pool, water bowls, grass, and usually a pile of toys that residents have brought out. The one thing we don't have is a resident dog-walker to take care of dogs whose people have to work to pay the rent & dog-food bills (hint hint!)

hestiahomeschool said...

What a fine idea.  I think that it would work well.  Dogparks are suddenly popping up all over the place around here. I am suspicious of anyone who doesn't have at least one pet!

digihouse said...

Ooh ~ love the pics!  You look all pink and 'glow-y'.  And what's that ~ is that mascara I see before me? ;)

That's a lovely dream, Pinky Girl.  It's called Utopia.  Let me know when I can move in.  I'll even get a dog! .....  (Gidge.... :)

onestrangecat said...

what a great dream.  i would love to get a dog someday.  for now I have cats.  when still apt living it was rough finding places that would take them.  but i wouldn't go where they weren't welcome.

Kathy

elkhrtpaul said...

Oh to dream ,
I to am a dog lover and where I live is dictated by untolerable people that almost make it imposible to own and keep a dog .
If you are able to find a place that will tolerate your (buddy) they want a sizable deposit and will only allow a small dog.
Well I love my buddy and I went throught the hastle , so I hope your dreams comes true.

  A friend and his dog

blazi0n26 said...

Hey Friends,      http://www.malibubarkie.com (Pet Boutique)


If you haven't heard my new site Malibu Barkie is OPEN for business!  Check it out!

MalibuBarkie.com goal is to provide our customers with a fun and current place to find exceptional and upscale pet accessories, grooming and training supplies at affordable prices without compromising quality!

XO,