Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Eyeshades Please

[Imagine Party Pictures Posted Here:  martinis, friends, smiles, wine, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, food, empty martini glasses, rip-roarin laughter.]

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Now I'm remembering why I don't like to drink much anymore.  And why I never really drank on a school/work night.  I actually just looked out the window in disgust because the sun is shining.  What's wrong with this picture?

In celebration of Valentine's Day, I went to Cheryl's last night for a Sweetheartless Sweethearts Gathering.  Basically an excuse to see friends, eat yummy food, laugh a lot and drink.  You know, eat, drink and be merry.

I may be a "fun drunk" according to Dean, but I'm definitely not a fun post-drunk (according to my shadow).  I don't know how y'all do it.  My body is being attacked from the inside.  My stomach is doing kick-flips.  My chest feels tight.  My head is throbbing.  My ears are blocked.  And will somebody please turn the lights down in the sky?  [I know later I'll regret asking for that, seeing that it's supposed to rain for a week!]

In the interim ... up and at em.   ::wince::

14 comments:

mikethedawg said...

Not 28 anymore huh. Ha Ha.
I guess if I said "Have one for me" then I should take part in the aftermath too huh.
Sorry, wanna borrow my shades...oh that's right...Gigi stole them. I'll mail you some Ibuprofen. Glad you had fun!

coy1234787 said...

Ewww ... feel better!
 *** Coy ***

gatorspictures said...

I was feelin' your pain Sunday, Freee....
Got together with long losts and slammed
shots and played pool. Ack. I should've bought
stock in that "hangover helper" stuff. It
really works....hehehe C

mallory4284 said...

I'd say I know how you feel, but I don't. I don't plan on ever knowing how your feel either LoL. I'm sorry though. I hope you're feeling better!!

-- Mallory

s0ngbird1962 said...

Have another drink, it's the best fix for that hang-over....lol...

Sounds like you had a great time, hoping you feel better after you venture outside in the fresh air.  **PS**  Sweet picture of you and Hunny over at DiAnne's journal...  : )

krobbie67 said...

What I find absolutely hilarious about your sad state of affairs is that you probably only had ONE drink to reach this state. LOL! I can't rib you too much though. I am a light weight these days myself. Hope you are feeling better today. :-) ---Robbie

kuhlhiggins said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Sorry your not feeling well.
Love,
Kat

andreakingme said...

"Did you say chocolate strawberries!" Andrea screams.

::evil cackle::

Have you seen those commercials on TV that say one glass of booze a day is good for your health? Just one measly glass a day ...  that's all you have to drink.

::another evil cackle::

slowmotionlife said...

LoL  Two Tylenol, a warm bath, and some time in bed.  You'll be fixed up in no time.  This is why I don't drink.  :P

sharkie412 said...

I did that once a long time ago...I couldn't move for the entire day. Hope you feel better soon. :)

pollysci said...

Oh, I feel your pain... I miss the days of being able to hold my liquor... now if I have a couple of drinks, the liquor wins.  

~tara :)

babyshark28 said...

LOL---
well, I am hoping your feeling a little bit better now.
fun while it lasted though,huh? :D

txsguinan said...

Well, I know you're all better by now.  Lightweight.  What'd you do ~ eat the olive?  Sheesh.  ;)

nellemclaughlin said...

When I realize how I used to be able to drink with NO problems the following day it's hard to believe that was in THIS life. Now I find that margaritas make me feel like death the following day. Not worth it anymore. Thank goodness I found Cosmos. :) Nelle