Monday, January 24, 2005

Pounce Alert

This is the inspiration I get from visiting Scalzi every morning.  Where does he find this stuff?  Well, in this case he found it here.

There are so many times where I'm like, "Oooh, there's DiAnne. I have a quick question for her."  I send an important IM asking what kind of lipstick she told me about recently, to make sure I bought the right one.

Yeah, as if that couldn't wait for an email.

Hello!  We're bloggers and journalers (words officially added to the unofficial online journaling dictionary -- at least in my mind).  Most likely we're online writing or creating. 

What do I think?  My friends are just sitting there, hoping I'll bombard them with an instant message?  Well, yeah.  Maybe.

Oooh, there's Andrea...

 

[make your own error message here.]

10 comments:

luckyaugustgirl said...

I had a lot of fun with this thank you!! :D

Sarah

onestrangecat said...

i hate instant messages.  in fact i ignore 99.9% of them.

kathy

andreakingme said...

Oh, this is poifect. I just "pounced" on you a few weeks ago ... remember? Hah! I don't remember exactly what it was about, but instead of sending you a nudge-nudge greeting like, "Hey, ya busy?" I sent you a WHOLE MESS OF SENTENCES complaining about something. That's what friends are for, though.

Oh yeah, I can just see you and DiAnne chatting it up about lipstick. That would be like me and Hugh Hefner trading boob sizes.

rgossett4195 said...

Life as we know it would cease to exist for my daughter if there were no IMing.  She would simply wither away and die!  

sieblonde said...

lol.. Your alert is too cute.  ~Sie  

diannevan said...

Woo Hoo!!!  When I saw this entry, I was sitting back and smiling at the sheer thrill of knowing that I'm not the only one who gets irked about being pounced on every time I sign on AOL.

But then, my eyes went to the upper right hand corner of the entry...and I noticed your counter was at 49,942 hits.  Damn!!  I clicked "reload" about 50 times until finally I got the claim to fame that I was your 50,000th visitor!  Don't believe me?  I did a screen shot to prove it!!  Woo hoo!!

krobbie67 said...

LOL! Did you make that for my use? I've just learned to spend most of my time through Webmail so I don't get pounced. However, that doesn't stop me from pouncing you does it? LOL! :-) ---Robbie

slowmotionlife said...

LOL  As far as I'm concerned, you're the IM queen.  LOL  I actually miss getting pounced by you, though.  :P

babyshark28 said...

LOL.
This is pretty cool
I wouldn't know what to put on mine....

screaminremo303 said...

I ended up putting myself on permanent "away" status because of IM's. While there are a few people I enjoy talking with, I consider an IM the same as opening the bathroom door when it is occupied. But I feel like such a turd for doing it.