Wednesday, January 26, 2005

peace ... please

I'm posting these pictures for a few reasons.  Mostly because they remind me of my truest intention: peace.

I took these pictures during those hot summer-like days a couple of weeks ago -- right after three weeks of torrential rains, floods, road blockages and deadly mudslides.

And today in LA, the disaster toll continues to rise as a Metrolink derailed, killing and injuring many local commuters.

The thing is, I don't believe this was a mistake.  [update: as the day progresses, authorities claim the same.]

There's no reason for this kind of tragedy -- except for lack of love.

Whether we're referring to a natural disaster or human error or even a terrorist attack, it's still a reflection of our world -- the world around us and the world within.

We create our own reality.  This is it.  It's not happening outside of ourselves.  It's part of us -- not apart from us.  We need to take responsibility for our thoughts and our actions.

When we are upset, the planet is upset.  From within our own selves all the way to the extended hands of our neighbors, friends and even our enemies.  We are out of balance.  Way outta wack!

I guess it needed to get this way for me to be reminded of my intentions, on this journey, in this heart.  It's all about the intention.

~ peace ... please ~

23 comments:

martinsek5 said...

LOVE the ladybug pictures :-)  Pamela

slowmotionlife said...

It just seems to be one thing after another... so sad.  :(

vw521 said...

Amen. So nicely said.

phlskygirl said...

I also believe in peace, and hopefully the driver of the Jeep will find HIS in a federal penitentiary (and hopefully a jury will be generous with the amount of time he's given to find it).

babyshark28 said...

I did see this bit of news this morning, very upsetting.
I wasn't sure of the details then, so thanks for filling me in.

great pictures.....

indigosunmoon said...

It's been very unpeaceful here at my house lately.
It just seems that every time you turn around its
something.  The news of the metrolink is so sad...
Wishing Peace for you sweetie,
Lovish!
Connie

grofsand said...

Very well expressed!   Life is not an illusion.....and God is not sitting a chair with a joystick in his hand, moving us from one disaster into the next.....We are responsible!  Its just not easy with this ball of emotions that each of us carries around.....yes, more love....more peace...would lighten the weight!
Peace .....and Mercy on the familes whose lives have been turned upside down for an eternity.   Marc

coy1234787 said...

Love the bug...
Sending you warm wishes for peace ... please.
           *** Coy ***

readmereadyou said...

I really believe negative and positive energy travels. Too much negative lately. You're doing your part. Thank you.
Angela

cw2smom said...

I totally agree with how you feel about this!  Great entry!  Lisa

kuhlhiggins said...

Free,
I agree with you 100 %. Great entry. Love the Ladybug picture.
Love,
Kat

krobbie67 said...

I hear you but I'm still wavering between anger and compassion. Thanks for the reminder. :-) ---Robbie

mktocce2 said...

Peace can be captured in the moment but peace thoughout the world can be attained only by God.

God, bring peace to the World.

Mary Kay

sonensmilinmon said...

I LOVE the pictures of the lady bug.  As for the entry, I've noticed when I worked with one coworker everyone would be in a negative, nasty mood.  When she wasn't working, things would go smoothly, things were positive and PEACEFUL!  It's amazing how our outlook can effect those around us.  I tried very hard to block that coworkers negative vibes.  Somedays it was downright difficult.  Great entry.

Monica
http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/

judithheartsong said...

very good entry. judi

dababysback said...

I love the pictures, and love your journal. if ya find time, check mine out sometime. and if ya do find time, comment with a link back to yours, then i know who ya are, lol cause I always journal hop.

http://journals.aol.com/dababysback/ReadAllaboutit/

shannon

rgossett4195 said...

Your pictures are great.  As for the person who chickened out and decided to kill a lot of people rather than himself will get his due, maybe not here on this earth...but he will pay...It only takes one person and one act to effect the world good or bad, I choose to love!  Thanks!  roseg
http://journals.aol.com/rgossett4195/Everythingisgoingtobeallright/

billbinford54 said...

When good people don't confront evil, there will be less lovely people to express their love.

deabvt said...

Please!
V

chasenkids said...

I love your pictures, I love your journal... you are an amazement! I know I don't comment like I should ... but I'm a faithful reader!

~Jaime

kristeenaelise said...

Love the ladybug pic - that's awesome.  I totally agree with you - seems our planet is a bit upset with us right now, and rightly so.  Hugs though, it'll get better.  (It almost has to.)

=) kris
http://journals.aol.com/kristeenaelise/thedailypurge

s0ngbird1962 said...

Hey, am betting you have lots of company in CA right now.  : )  Just know you are all having a great time.  Can't wait to read about it...lol...

sharkie412 said...

I completely have to agree with this. There could definitely be more love in this world.