Sunday, January 16, 2005

Peace Place

Scalzi's Weekend Assignment #43: Congratulations, you've become your own soverign state! Design a flag for the United States of You, using no more than three colors and one symbol (the symbol can be of any color). Explain your design choices. Don't worry about actually making the flag -- you can just tell us about it.

Extra credit: make a picture of the flag. Because, let's face it, that's time-intensive.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Those who read Andrea's journal -- or rather, her journal comments -- know that her flag resembled my first attempt so much that I had given up on the weekend assignment.  But I'd be honored to be a subdivision of Andi-Land.  That is, if she'll approve.

My flag represents all the times I really wanna lash out but then remember I'm holding onto the sign -- or vision -- of peace.  Even though I get angry, frustrated and disappointed in the world around me, (and that which goes on in my own head) I still have the reminder of why I'm really here and what I believe.  Peace is the way...dammit.

As for the soft pink -- just call me Prissy Pirate.

16 comments:

pollysci said...

LOL Prissy Pirate...I like it!  I like it! :)

I picked pink too...I figure 1.) mine's a matriarchal society and 2.) well, there's just not enough pink flags out there (if any). ;D

~tara :)

readmereadyou said...

It was a little confusing given your screen name to see the scull and cross-bones. LOL! But pink is so you! : )
Angela

andreakingme said...

Hey, babe, my lipsticked skull approves of your patch-wearing, flag-toting soverign-ish-ness any day. We shall rule the kingdom together, in pinkish peacefulness.

Quirky minds think devilishly alike, no?

krobbie67 said...

Cute song and flag. Damnit!!! ;-) ---Robbie

barbaramck said...

Arrrrrr matey, and a pretty prissy pirate as well! arrrrr....

Love the flag, PEACE. Now... Grover sing.....

weeee.........manamanamana.........

kuhlhiggins said...

I love your flag and what it stands for. The name Prissy Pirate is so cute.
Love,
Kat

sistercdr said...

Hey, the women pirates were among the most feared.  You can be prissy and still kick some sailor butt.  Love the flag.

babyshark28 said...

aww, it's great freee.
freee, the prissy pirate....I just don'e see it.
and yes, Peace is the way...dammit.  :p

nellemclaughlin said...

Cute flag! Cute name too! Nelle

geminiwilder said...

this is by far the best flag i've seen...aye.  

onestrangecat said...

You do have a peaceful looking flag.

Kathy

deabvt said...

Aye, matey.
V

irun01 said...

Prissy Pirate . . . .I love it

ondinemonet said...

Well My Prissy Pirate,

If I can learn the fine art of the soft stick rant...you can. LOL. There was a day when I felt like I couldn't say what was on my mind, now I think there are some that want to say..."Shut it already!" LOL. A PINK montster has been born. Maybe I should hold a seminar on how to wave a soft stick with agression. Does that sound kinky? LOL.

Always, Carly

txsguinan said...

I love your flag and your loopily cheerful skull-and-bones dark side, clinging to your vision of peace!  No one ever went to war with a pink and girly flag ~ your national motto says it all.

Peace...dammit!  :D

slowmotionlife said...

Mother-Friggen-Fraggen!!!!  Child of God!  ::sigh::  LOL  tehehe...