Thursday, December 23, 2004

Santa's Little Slacker

It's hard to believe it's been a year since ... well, since last year.  Ha.  I was hoping to record another Christmas song for this year but (I don't know how it happened) time got away from me.  I suppose if I start now for next year... 

Anyway, thanks again to Robbie for coming through for me at the last minute (because that's when I ask for things).  I didn't even have a copy of this. 

click to listen to O HOLY NIGHT -- my gift to SloMo last Christmas (yes, I'm regifting my own gift)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Well, Santa's Workshop may have been open all year but this little elf is working overtime tonight to make up for lost time.  It didn't occur to me that Christmas Eve is Friday until one of my clients asked if I'd come early Thursday because she's only working half a day.  I questioned, "What about Friday?"  Everyone in her office turned their heads and she said, "It's Christmas Eve girl. We won't be here. Take the day off."  Oh.  Ha.  I'm that out of it.

This means I had absolutely no choice but to get my clients' gifts ready for delivery by Thursday morning.  Yes, that's now.  I'm referring to a little later in the morning.  Preparing their little token of love taught me a great lesson.  I'm all set for next year.  I'll save lots of money and time if I create composites like these before I bring my memory card in for digital photo printing.

Instead of a nice looking composite on each page of their handmade booklet, my clients will receive an 8.5x11" spiral bound elementary-school-looking scrapbook full of color copies of messy overlapped photos.  Their doggie's name and face will shine the front cover of their booklet.

I thought I'd save money this way.  As it turns out, the cost is about the same as ordering a photo calendar or memory book for each of them.  And this one was made with love (rushing panic included).  It's times like this when it kinda really sucks to be both a procrastinator and a perfectionist.  Oy.

Happy Holidays!  I hope everyone is enjoying the season, remembering love and filling our hearts with peace to last us a lifetime (or more).

22 comments:

coy1234787 said...

    Merry Christmas Free, sometimes we work best under pressure. I'm sure the perfectionist in you will not let you down.
                            *** Coy ***

mallory4284 said...

That's a really fun idea!! I like the cover, too! I say it's a great Christmas gift for the clients! And it wouldn't be life if there wasn't procrastination! There's no getting around it....well, I guess there is, but who wants to actually be punctual about things? ;)

Hope you and Hunny have a great Christmas!!

-- Mallory :)

andreakingme said...

That's such a neat idea! Now that I've seen the photos, I think it's even NEATER! (Otis is so cute! They all are, but I guess I've got a weakness for Pugs.) And I really like the silhouette of the dog walker girl, too. Tee-hee.

Melly Cwizmaz! Ho. Ho. Ho.

kuhlhiggins said...

Merry Christmas.
Love,
Kat

indigosunmoon said...

Don't feel bad Trish.  Christmas really
snuck up on me this year too!
The client gifts sound adorable!
Love you!
Happy Christmas!
Connie

rgossett4195 said...

Hey I love homemade and besides it's the thought that's put into it..my 16 year old's favorite item is her scrapbook with her glued pictures of all her friends...and the stuff they did all year.

Have a great holiday!  roseg

deabvt said...

Aww, Hunny!
Rats I couldn`t open the Song!
Happy Holidays, freee!
V

diannevan said...

Heather was in my office while I was reading this entry and when I clicked on the song and it started to play, I said "that's FreeePeace singing."  Her eyes got wide and she said "REALLY?? WOW!!"  I do believe you have a fan.  You've even converted me!

sharkie412 said...

I would imagine being a perfectionist and procrastinator at the same time is not an easy thing...but to get a finished product at the end of these two conflicts...well thats just freaking brilliance. :)
Have a wonderful holiday. :)

http://journals.aol.com/sharkie412/LifeChanges

derossetfamily said...

Oh, I think thats such a great idea! How cute :-)
And I'm on the procrastinator boat right there with ya, pass the mashed potatoes. Cant wait to hear this regift! Happy Holidays Freee!!!!!
~Mary

ryanagi said...

Merry Christmas, Freee! ;-)

gatorspictures said...

Merry Christmas, Trish.
Hope it is wonderful beyond belief for you and Hunnykins both.

aynetal3 said...

Ahh the perfect present!  Wallah!!  We're betting you got smmoooched a lot to get all those great pictures.  The dogs just sitting there looking like they're on top of the World!  Yep yep in the annals of DogWorld your right up there at the top Freee!  Congrats on another year great business!  One more smoooooooch from us!

ann7inflorida said...

Just dropping by to wish you a Merry Christmas! : )

jess3dragonfly3 said...

Dear Freee,
I just wanted to drop by to wish you a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year! I hope you have a wonderful Holiday! Big Hugs!

Love,
Jessica

kathlyna22 said...

Merry Christmas Free!
Great song!
Re-gift away,
Oprah does it all the time!
Kathleen

aims814 said...

I still have a copy saved on my computer of your Holy Night. Stephen and I even listened to it over the summer. :)

Love you!

bridgetteleigh75 said...

It's so funny you included a link to 'O Holy Night' in this entry.  I was just telling Doug I wanted to download it again.  When Doug reformatted our hard drive this summer, we lost it.  

So, we're listening to it right now and I have tears in my eyes.  Really beautiful, Trish.  

I hope you and Hunny had the merriest of Christmas's.

Love,
Bridgett

redhdka said...

Your voice is angelic. Thank you so much for playing that again. That was beautiful!

slowmotionlife said...

Still one of the most thoughtful gifts anyone has ever given me.  Thank you! [again.  LOL]  And I think I had a similar experience this year with the digital photo printing.  We thought it would be cheaper to send a photo album with some digital prints to Ahelena.  As it turns out, printing those digitial shots was almost more than I would have normally spent on her.  ACH!!  LOL  winkflash.com does 16 cent prints. I'm gonna try them out.  Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, girl!!!  :D

deveil said...

Hope you have a Happy New Year, look forward to you adventures of 2005.  

Derek

judithheartsong said...

big hugs Dear Freeeeeeeee!!!! judi