Friday, December 31, 2004

Cheryl's Birthday

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

I was just going back in time (in my mind) trying to figure out what the heck I did all day Monday.  Then it hit me.  After my dogpark run I spent the entire afternoon, evening, night and wee hours of the following morning putting composites together for Cheryl's birthday gift.  Perpetual Perfectionistic Procrastinator here, remember?

The gift I most want to give her is having to wait.  It'll be worth the wait as the gift is timeless.  And since she reads my journal on occasion, that's all I'm going to say.

Since that gift idea is on hold till next year, I wanted to come up with something personal and thoughtful.  My clients loved their Christmas books so much, I thought I'd do something similar for Cheryl.  It wasn't till midnight when I realized I had about two hundred pictures to compile.  That wasn't even all of them.  Pictures from the entire year.

I worked so much my body was stiff and tight.  So I pulled out my yoga mat and did an hour of yoga on my bedroom floor.  I fell into bed at 3am.  Luckily the first of three rain storms began that night and I was awakened at 6:30am to the loud sound of dripping -- inside the apartment.  I did take pictures but they're so grim I don't have the heart to post them.

After placing buckets under drips and spreading every towel in the house all over the floors, I was awake enough to continue with the project.  I got it done just in time for the gathering at Casa Del Mar in Santa Monica.  We got a primo spot in the lounge by the fire.  It was a great night.  I'm such a cheap date.  Half a martini and I was flying high.  Oh.  But not so cheap when it comes to food -- chicken Caesar salad and french fries.  Y-U-M!

Cheryl had the best birthday party ever. (do we say that every year?)  We had such a good time that none of us realized she didn't have a birthday cake till the next night.  Whoops!  Sorry 'bout that Cheryl.  Love you!

7 comments:

aims814 said...

Happy Birthday to Cheryl!

I loved the pictures!

Mia

kuhlhiggins said...

Sounds like a great Birthday. Happy Birthday Cheryl.
Love,
Kat

grassriver said...

Cheryl's 42?!?!?!?!?  
She looks 30! I'm stunned.
Happy Birthday, Cheryl!
XOXO....Kelli

babyshark28 said...

awww, that sounds wonderful.
and of course, I love the pictures!
I love having a good time with family and friends,
there's just nothing like it.
to laugh with those you love. :)

luckyaugustgirl said...

Happy Birthday Cheryl~ Glad you all had a great time!

jcgeorgiapeach said...

It appears your perfectionism paid off there, chica.  It looks as if everyone had a good time, a great time actually.  Cheryl appears to be a wonderful person, if one can judge by the amount of warmth flowing from her friends.  

Did you get the leaks fixed?  That must be miserable with all that water in the house.  

At some point, we need to put our heads together and compile a doggie book for my brother.  (I still have the cool little album Amy the Hippie sent for the pooches...I've already started picking out pictures for that one.)  

Happy Birthday Cheryl!  ~Peachy

krobbie67 said...

Happy Belated Birthday Cheryl!!!!! I hope I look half as great as her when I turn 42.  Um...which is only a few years away! I better get busy! Bally's anyone? :-D
---Robbie