Monday, November 22, 2004

Are we there yet?

Where have I been?

One of my doggie-clients has cancer.  She's been through many vet visits, two surgeries, biopsies, scary prognosis, stitches, medication, discomfort and finally some good news.

She had minor surgery a month ago, to remove some fatty lumps.  When they were biopsied, they discovered an aggressive cancer.  It was a miracle that it was discovered.  Her vet had previously been saying the lumps were okay and no big deal.  The prognosis was not good -- not good at all.  She needed another surgery.  They would remove more infected tissue along with two floating ribs.  After that they said she might need radiation treatments once a day for 30 days in a row.  And even then they couldn't be sure that would keep her alive.

The second surgery proved to be much less invasive than anticipated.  No ribs were removed.  She does have some deep incisions though.  It's been three weeks and she's still stitched up on one side.  Later, the lab results showed she would most likely not need the radiation treatments.  Hallelujah!  Apparently those treatments are incredibly uncomfortable -- not to mention insanely costly.  To say it was a relief to hear the news is way understated.  I swear, her human-mom's entire outlook on life shifted from that moment on.

So how does this affect me and my journal?  Aside from the obvious emotional effects, it's been a month of private care, long hours of doggie-sitting and very little sleep.  When I'm not being doggie-nanny for my client, I'm running my group to the dogpark and walking other doggies.  I haven't had the time I usually have to get my personal things done. I'm not worried about it.  I'm just noticing the tasks piling up.

I had part of a day off this weekend.  I found time to visit one J-Lander on her side of town.  We had a great time (as usual).  Sometimes I just love spontaneity.  Hey Robbie, what do you think of your drop-shadow?  You rock!

Other than that, I've been pretty anti-social.  We finished recording that voiceover background music.  We'll see if the client uses it.  I know they loved it.  But you know how it goes.  It's never a done-deal till it's a done-deal.  Doesn't really matter to me.  We had fun.  I'll let you know if/when the site goes up.

Still nothing from MusicMan.  I don't expect to hear anything.  I'm slowly letting it go.  That won't stop me from doing some recording this winter.  More to come...

It doesn't even feel like November to me.  I keep forgetting this is a holiday week.  I just don't feel it yet.  I usually love this time of year.  ::sigh::  There's still time for the thrill to kick in.

15 comments:

babyshark28 said...

I'm sorry about your little doggie client :(  how emotionally exhausting, for everyone.  and sad.

and your music too!!

I'll be thinking about you, and heck....light a candle as well.

readmereadyou said...

I'm so happy for the owner and the dog. The holiday probably hasn't kicked in because you're tired. I hope you get that voice-over. How nice that would be.
God bless and Happy Thanksgiving,
Angela

alphawoman1 said...

Doesn't feel like November here either.  Flowers still in bloom and the red and orange of the "change" still clinging on the limbs!  Sorry about the doggie client.  Mom and Dad had the most wonderdul dog when Bridge was a kid who had a blood disorder.........very sad.

dockart said...

Poor doggie. So lucky to have you caring for her.

I see we all have reasons to break from Journal land. I am glad I am not alone.

I too am having trouble getting the holiday spirit to kick in....must be something in the air. Love the photos.

yakima127 said...

So difficult to hear that poor little dog had to endure so much!  Your are such a good dog nanny!  Good luck with your latest musical venture!  JAE

dockart said...

I must be losing it. I know I read your last entry but don't see my comment. Just wanted you to know I am sending positive energy your way. The surgery will be fine and you will be glad to have it over with. I just wish I could be your nurse so I could comfort you Freee!;) It's normal to be nervous. Hugs!

magogos said...

So glad for the dog and owner. Also that you are doing music. Holidays seem strange to me too this year-oh well, as you say there is still time for it all to kick in. Blessings, Margo

barbaramck said...

Thinking of you....

God Bless, barb~

jcgeorgiapeach said...

Well Chica, you have a lot on your plate...no wonder the spirit hasn't kicked in.  That's one lucky doggie...in more ways than one.  I'm sure it's comforting to not only the dog, but to the human parents as well to know that you are there loving on her when they can't.  

When you're done being anti-social, please feel free to join me in a card game..you know the one....and I'll be happy to kick your butt.  You'll feel so much better.  Smooches~Peachy

pollysci said...

Maybe some holiday music will get you into the mood...I know it worked for me last week...  I dunno what it is, but I can't be in a bad mood when singing "Feliz Navidad" :)

I'm glad your doggie client's doing so well...that is definitely something for which to be thankful.  :)

~tara:)

indigosunmoon said...

So sorry to hear about your doggie friend Trish.
How sad.  
Love the t-shirt!  It's so you!
Lovish!
Connie

krobbie67 said...

"Hey Robbie, what do you think of your drop-shadow?"

It would look better in blue. ;-p Heeheehee

I'm glad it worked. If you need more, let me know. :-) ---Robbie

andreakingme said...

Oh garsh, that poor doggy and her human-mom! It's heartbreaking seeing your pet struggle through something, knowing his/her life is in your hands, not knowing if he/she truly understands what's it all about. I'm relieved the outlook looks much better for her now. I sure hope it stays that way. ::gulp::

I love the photos. Love the drop shadow, too. Way cool, dude.

Last ... high five from another anti-social girl. It's okay. It's okay.

aynetal3 said...

Prayers to your doggie private care patient Free.  If he's with you, he's in good hands!

deabvt said...

Good luck with the Voice-over Work.
V