Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Wahoo Beth!

How much do I love these guys!!

It's amazing how time can fly by but connections continue to get deeper.  This is my best friend from high school.  She's just as beautiful today as she was way back when (::cough1985cough::).  She's the one person I've stayed in contact with and I've always missed since moving to LA in 1992.  She knows me better than most.  She's the only close friend who was there, physically and emotionally there, during my life's events as a kid.  She knows who I was and who I've grown to be.  Seeing her was like an exciting blast from the past.  Yet we picked right up where we left off ... laughing, crying, reminiscing, ranting.

Having Beth meet Cheryl was a dream come true - especially finding their immediate love for each other.  Cheryl keeps asking when Beth is moving out here...talking about all of us getting a big house together.  How 'bout it Beth?  No pressure.  Take your time.  At the very least, let's work on getting you here for a nice vacation.  No worries either -- we won't make you try avocado or goat yogurt.  But you gotta admit, Trader Joe's rocks!

Beth is the first person Cheryl and I saw in my hometown.  It was one o'clock in the morning, Saturday Oct 10th.  We had been traveling since 6pm Thursday night.  We couldn't wait to fall into a bed.  But when we saw Beth, I got my second (third, fourth?) wind and we gabbed and gabbed for over an hour.

The following couple of days we spent lots of time rolling on the floor with her children.  Ohhh the stories.  Brilliant, beautiful kids.  Spitting images of their parents.

This trip was a reminder of the important things in life.  Friends, family, love, connections, truth and laughter.  [Beth is one of the funniest people I know.] 

forgive me for a moment while I bore you with a few private jokes:

How ya doin'?  Could you c'mere for a second please?
Yes I will be your honeybee
And would ya take a f---ing look at this
21-21-21 -- thankyou thankyou thankyou
I can call you Betty - and Betty when you call me, you can call me Al
Yeah, I'm out.
Blahblahblah - Ehhhhgch
Oh. I choose!
My work here is done.

I loveyou too Beth ... Always.

17 comments:

martinsek5 said...

WOW.  I'm truly envious.  Friends like that are a treasure!  How lucky you are!  Pamela

babyshark28 said...

awwwwwwww!   so so sweeet!  it reminds me of my best friend from school, penny.   And I believe it was around (::cough1985cough::) as well.  Well, we met in juinor high, but we were still best of friends and until we graduated in '86 (woo hoo '86 rules!)  lol.   and no matter the distance or time apart, whenever we get together, it's like were in high school all over again. :D
GREAT entry.
connection is sooo very important.
and very glad cheryle connected too!
::hugs::

barbaramck said...

Great Friends! Great Fun! Great Entry!

God Speed! barbie~

sonensmilinmon said...

What a fun entry!  Friends like that don't come around every day.  

Monica

diannevan said...

Is that little "I love you" signs the little girl was waving your way in that picture on the right??

yakima127 said...

Everyone needs a Beth in their life...JaE

coy1234787 said...

    Friends like Beth are there for a lifetime, she is lovely the kids are adorable and OMG how cute the 2 of you were way back then. It's always great to go home even if only for a little while.
                                                  *** Coy ***

krobbie67 said...

This is just the sweetest entry and what a wonderful way to begin your trip. I look forward to reading more. :-) ---Robbie

s0ngbird1962 said...

Nothing warms the heart like reconnecting with a dear friend...
           ....Great start to your vacation....

kuhlhiggins said...

Sounds like so much fun. Loved the pics.
Kat
http://journals.aol.com/kuhlhiggins/AdventuresinKatLand

ryanagi said...

I had a friend like this, once. It's nice to have someone to "come home" to! :-)

grassriver said...

WOW! Great pictures!
The note. OMG I love it. What an amazing friendship.
XOXO....Kelli

sharkie412 said...

That sounds like a wonderful time...I think we all have that one best friend that knows us inside and out even years later.

floralilia said...

welcome back free - glad you had a great time - wonderful pictures!

slowmotionlife said...

Neither one of you have changed much!  She has a beautiful family.  It's so good to reconnect with old friends.  Most people rarely have the chance to do so.  You're both lucky to have each other!  Love the high school booth photos.  LOL  :P

luckyaugustgirl said...

Once again, Touching entry......

txsguinan said...

Look at how CUTE you liddle kiddles are ~ anyone'd still know you both in an instant!  
Yeah, there's something about the friend's who 'knew us when'...and love us anyway!  :)