Sunday, October 17, 2004

Journey Northeast

Ahhh, home at last.  Time seems very surreal while traveling.  By the looks of these pictures, it's a wonder how we got anywhere safely.  All I know at this moment is I need a vacation to recover from my vacation.

I had a great time with my family.  I got caught up on all the events of the past ten years.  Cousins and friends I grew up with have kids of their own now.  Everywhere we went, we were surrounded by beautiful children.  Each child was just as uniquely magnificent as the next.

I'm thrilled to have seen my brother.  I've missed him.  I can't say enough about his family.  I love them. I hope to see them again soon.

It was very sweet seeing my dad after eleven years.  Little did I know he's been keeping tabs on me by reading my journal all this time.  Hi dad.

My best friend from high school met my best friend from LA.  The two of them adore each other.  I knew they would.  Something about their connection just warms my heart.  Beth, if you're reading, I love you. I miss you. And I'm right there with you.  Now, get yer butt to LA.  You're being beckoned.

There's so much more.  The foliage.  New England. Montreal.  The flights in and out.  Driving.  Bickering -- not too bad, considering Cheryl and I spent ten whole days together.  We learned a lot.  We drove a lot more than we expected.  We ate too much.  We had a constant flow of coffee pumping into our veins.  We ran around non-stop.  We slept in a couple of days.  But mostly, we laughed ... A LOT.

This trip marks a major transformation in the world of Freeepeace.  I feel the shift already.  Well that and jetlag.

20 comments:

diannevan said...

I've stayed up all night just so I could be at my command post and put the first comment in your journal after your return.  My mission was a success.

BTW, I don't suppose those gallons of coffee were still the 1/2 decaf that you've been trying to do, were they?  Nope, didn't think so.  Vacations are meant for splurging!

s0ngbird1962 said...

Freee, it sounds like your trip home was wonderful....  

redhdka said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. Glad you got to visit with all your family. I love the pictures. Very cool!

krobbie67 said...

Coffee!!! Uh oh! LOL! Sounds like you had a great time. I look forward to reading, and hearing, more, more, more. You've been missed. :-) ---Robbie

yakima127 said...

Coffee?  I thought you decaffed?  I think you and I would be firece competitors as to who loves coffee more!  I am glad you're "back".  From your trip home and your trip through decaf (boring) land!  JAE

kuhlhiggins said...

Glad you had fun on your trip. Thanks for sharing your pictures.
Love,
Kat

alphawoman1 said...

Welcome home!  Can't wait to hear all the stories.

luckyaugustgirl said...

Sending well wishes from Michigan!!! :) Steve says hi! Just wanted to let you know how happy i am for you that you got to rekindle relationships with your family. Hope it brought much growth and new awareness to you, cant wait to hear the stories.
Sarah

babyshark28 said...

awwwwww!  soo happy!  I love laughter, I just can't live without it.  
I am soo glad everything went well, and you have come away with great memories.   How can this not effect you positively?   You have restored a bridge and it will open new pathways inside you, to take you on new wonderful journeys. :D

Glad that cheryle got to experience this with you. :)

ryanagi said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a nice trip. :-)

readmereadyou said...

Exhausted or not, you really enjoyed your trip and that's wonderful. : )
Angela

judithheartsong said...

I totally understand needing a vacation from your vacation!!!!!! judi

barbaramck said...

(((((Hi, Trisha's Dad)))))

I'm as glad to have ya back as i'm sure your doggies are *wink*
((((peeing on floor)))) i'm so very happy that you had a great time. get some rest and......(((blog away)))

yours, barbie~ PEACE!


martinsek5 said...

Glad you are home, safe and sound!  Pamela

mlw1456 said...

So glad to hear you had a good time on your trip east. Looks like all in all, you had a great time. Thanks for sharing snippets of your journey with us. I'll be checking back soon! God bless, ~Swirly~  http://journals.aol.com/mlw1456/CoffeeSwirls  

cousinoftrish said...

glad to see ya too!  Where did you go Saturday night?  Were you in Boston at all?  You didn't call me, I wanted to have you to my house.  Oh well.  Since I didn't get to say good bye to you Saturday, I will now.  Good bye.  Nice to meet you Cheryl.
love M.

deabvt said...

Aw, That is so nice of your Dad. I`m glad you had a great time.
V

grassriver said...

Your trip sounds awesome, Trish. I'm so happy that it lived up to the expectations.
And all that driving?!?! Whoa! No wonder you guys had so much coffee!
XOXO....Kelli

slowmotionlife said...

Anytime we go on vacation, we always need a little time off as soon as we get back. Vacationing is exhausting!  LOL  Good to hear that the trip has opened you somehow, made room for massive change in the way you view the world.  I know your family must have been happy and relieved to see you again too after so many years.  :)

sunflowerkat321 said...

Your stories and your photos from your trip are wonderful.  What's better is the sheer delight that eminates from them.  I'm so glad you took this time to go home Trish.  I'm sure it was transforming and I know you're happier for it.
{{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}