Friday, September 10, 2004

TGIF!

I finally wrote to my mom and dad about my upcoming Boston Trip.  It was much easier than I anticipated.  But, then again, everything usually is.  The anticipation is usually worse than the actual action.

Anyway, I've been exhausted.  I think it's because of the non-stop running around I've been doing.  Not to mention the blazing summer heat all week.  Every day I think to myself, "I'm going to go home and arrange my living space."  I know that would do me a world of good.  My altar [or as SloMo and Robbie call it: my shrine] is empty.  I rearranged my room about a month ago.  And still nothing is organized.  Most of my shriney stuff is still in a box on the floor.  Some of my office files are in a box at my feet.

And when I had to uninstall/reinstall programs on my computer last week, I didn't notice till this week that I lost ALL of my AOL files.  All emails.  All correspondence.  Including business stuff.  Not good. [which reminds me, I have to print a few invoices]  But hey, it's a clean slate.  I never would've done it on my own.  Apparently the universe took care of that for me.  Thank you Mercury.  Argh.

I haven't been eating as well as I was when I "took control of my diet" [thank you Coy for that true reflection].  I went on vacation a month ago.  And even though I'm physically back home, my spirit and attitude are still on vacay-mode.  It's okay.  But I do notice a shift in my body and my attitude.  Coffee, ice cream and carbs have all been reintroduced to my system.  And I think nothing of it when I go to the freezer for 'just one more taste of heaven.'  The amount of caffeine I've been having lately is surely weighing on my energy levels.  I can hardly start my day without a cup of coffee [or a latte].  Not only is it a physical dependency but it's damn expensive!

It's time to buy a coffee maker again.  I had given mine up over a year ago.  I was drinking tea for a long time.  Now I know, I'm a coffee-addict.  I must buy a coffee press so I can save money.  Because, obviously, not having a coffee maker doesn't stop me from having coffee.  I'm afraid to count how much I spend on coffee each week.  But I know it's at least $20.  And that's enough to drive me crazy.  Ooooh, just thinking about it makes me want more!  Stop the insanity!

My dogwalking is going strong.  But not as hectic as it had been for a while.  I'm not hiking in the mornings anymore.  And that creates a huge difference in my energy and in my body.  I need to force myself to find ways to exercise again.  But Hunny and I will have both Winnie and Sparky here all week next week.  They will surely keep me active.

Did I mention we're having a heat wave?  I've been taking my dog group out earlier than usual so we miss the blazing heat of the day.  And still it's over 95-degrees by 9am.  Makes me really lethargic.  Where is Fall already?  [as soon as it comes, you know I'll be missing Summer!]

I ran out of FTP space so posting this entry took longer than expected.  Time to clean that out.  Guess I have another project to add to my list!

Happy Friday everyone.

20 comments:

msyahtzee said...

I know what you mean about the heat wave and energy, I have been feeling it too.  It makes me not want to exercise at all!  Thanks for the note you left in my journal the other day.  You suggested a pet for company- there is one, but she is gone for the month too!  Thanks for the good thoughts!  -Kari

deabvt said...

Have a nice weekend, Freee & hunny.
V

ryanagi said...

Hey Freee...did you ever hang at Fun & Games in Framingham? Did you know they leveled Shoppers World (the open air mall)? So much has changed around there. :-) Hope you have a good trip. If you need a break from the family, I can always swing up there and we can hang at my parent's house. LOL -B

indigosunmoon said...

Go ahead and buy the coffeemaker.  We all have our little habits!  
Now, Am I going to have to fly to California and start cooking for you every day so you will eat right?  
My Scarlett would definitely miss me if I had to do that!  But I will Missy!  You better take care of yourself!
Go buy some groceries, things that are quick and easy and good for you!
Lovish!
Connie

freeepeace said...

CONNIE - That would be GREAT.  When can you come.  I'd love to have someone cook for me every day.  That's pretty much the only way I'll be sure to eat well.  BUT, you'll be happy to know I did exactly as you suggested [before I read your comment even!] and bought quick and easy things.  The fridge is stocked with 5 different salads - including fruit salad. Yum.  Chicken already made.  Fresh protein drinks. Bananas.Yogurt. String cheese. Luna bars.  And bottled water at close reach!

freeepeace said...

KARI - It must be extra quiet at your place if you're used to having pets and people around.  What's for dinner tonight?  :P

VINCE - Thanks - we will.  You too.  Hunny says Hi!

RYANAGI - Didn't spend much time in Framingham.  And I've been gone so long I don't even recall Shoppers World.  LOL  It's going to be interesting.

yakima127 said...

Oh, can I relate to coffee addiction!  But, good news!  My therapist just told me yesterday that if giving into to my caffeine addiction is the worst thing I do, then don't be so hard on myself!  However, coming from a fellow penny-pincher, not having the "eqipment" to brew coffee in the morning as a way to keep from indulging is not very effective!  Just like any addict, we will find a way!  And it most likely becomes a daily trip to the local coffee house for a very expensive cup a day (which turns into two, and then when the money runs out, we DREAM about it...and drive ourselves NUTS!)  Coffee out is now a treat for me...it HAS to be!  But I always say I can't wait until I can afford to have a latte' every morning...it is a goal in my life!  Take care!  JAE

montaukny said...

{{{Freee}}}  That's it...Connie is gonna come cook for you & I'm gonna start overnighting stews, chili, casseroles (sp?), etc to you...we need you healthy, darlin'!  Go get yourself a coffee machine...Aunt Nub says so.  Good luck on the stuff with your mom & dad; just know I'm always there giving you a hug when you most need it!  Love ya!  ~Aunt Nub~

babyshark28 said...

Yes, the anticipation for something is always worse than when you actually make the effort to do it.   I know this from experience.   That first step is always a pain.  So glad you got that out of the way at least. :)
I haven't ran out of FTP space...yet.  I am surprised that I have not by now.  Not sure how to clean it out....I just might be consulting you in the future. :D
yes, tgif!

diannevan said...

ya know...I think I was one of the people who told you to give up Starbucks last year when your business wasn't booming like it is now.  I just can't imagine spending $4 for a frickin' coffee.  As for me, I always make it at home because I'm too lazy to go out and to frugal to spend the dough.  I buy Folger's French Vanilla ground coffee (used to buy whole bean, but my fave flavor is MIA at the store, so I switched) and I buy the International Delights Fat Free French Vanilla creamer.  Yummy.  

luckyshammrock18 said...

Freee~ Walking dogs for a living sounds like it would be fun :) Hmmmm I have an idea. Now youve got me thinking ;) ~ Tricia

luckyaugustgirl said...

Hi girl~ All i can say is TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, and indulge a little..... the coffeemaker cant be that bad and DiAnne is right... the fat free vanilla creamers are SO yummy. My personal vice is Vanilla Bean Fraps from StarBucks......Take care of you! Get some good rest, be healthy and live strong.....
Sarah

krobbie67 said...

I called it a shrine???? I've got to remember not to talk around you. Your mind is like a trap door.

I learned a valuable lesson today. Starbucks is overpriced and sucks (sometimes). I was 2 1/2 hrs late for work thanks to a traffic jam through the Canyon. I had prearranged to have my usual (triple venti, lukewarm and wet) waiting for me. The foam was long gone, the cup was half full and fit neatly into an 8oz coffee cup to heat in the microwave for the wonderful price of $3.75. Definitely not worth the cost. :-( --- Robbie

s0ngbird1962 said...

Hey Freee....I have a coffee pot that is also a coffee grinder....LOVE it.  : )

ggal3133 said...

mmm coffee! lol
Cute doggie pics!
I hope the heatwave goes away for you soon.

drsue1982 said...

I just wanted to say thanks for visiting my journal the other day. I haven't been writing very much lately because I just feel down in the dumps. Your journal always picks me up and I thought I should at least let you know. Thanks again for a wonderful journal and some great pictures.

happyb8888 said...

I can relate to the time it takes to get organized after a move.  I had stuff in boxes yet months later!!  Hope you have a great weekend Freebie!!  Love ya!!

That Happy Chica,
Marcia Ellen

miarenee24 said...

Hey, darlin'! I haven't forgotten about you, I've just been swamped. I see that you know what I mean... In fact, I'm gonna have to click save and run :( I so miss the time I used to have to read journals, and update. Have you noticed that EVERYone has been non-stop like this? Is that a planet-thing too?
When things settle, I'll give you a buzz, I miss our talks. If I don't talk to you before, have a great trip back east!

love you!

clarity4today said...

Mygoodness, I thought it would take forever to run out of ftp space!

So sorry about losing all your AOL things.  I'd be devastated.  :-/

slowmotionlife said...

Glad to hear you finally let your folks know you were coming.  I'm sure they're all excited to see you.  And again, those computer crashes can sometimes be a blessing in disguise.  Now, you only have to add back in the ones who are really necessary. Everything else was just clutter.  I definitely recommend getting the coffee maker.   You might be surprised how much less coffee you drink too!  When you have to MAKE it, you really stop and consider if you really WANT it.  Sometimes that little bit of difficulty can help you understand you didn't really want it that bad, anyway.  And that's good, right?  So get on it!  It'll pay for itself in a week!