Wednesday, September 8, 2004

A Few for You

OK folks.  It's school time again.  Fall is rounding the corner.  And some of our fellow journalers have already begun another [or their first] semester in college.  I loved college.  So much to discover.  Little did I know then that life hadn't even begun.  The world is so different today compared to when I was in college. [I never thought I'd hear myself say that.  Where's my cane?]

The following are just a few of some of the greatest young folks' journals.

*   *   *   *   *  *  *

  Life or Something Like It 

Sarah [aka luckyaugustgirl] is wise, smart, honest, funny, adorable and willing to be vulnerable on her journey to self-discovery.  I don't know how she is in 'real life' but online she comes across as a shy artist and writer, a little unsure of her place in the world.  But so ready to find out.  Lately I've noticed she's starting to come out of her shell a bit.  She's a little obsessed with shopping, and eBay.  But she knows where to find that out-of-stock Gap sling bag for almost half the price.  Pay her a visit and read all of her most recent entries.  You'll see how diverse she is.

*   *   *   *   *  *  *

  Hmm... 

I love the name of Mallory's journal.  I can't believe I haven't mentioned her before.  She's a talented artist who loves orange! [right on girl]  She took a lot of the summer off from journaling - probably because most of her entries were about her life in school.  Classes, friends, her sister, her family, etc.  She takes great photos and creates beautiful art.  But she'd probably tell you otherwise.  If she could only see herself the way others see her.  She's very shy, so don't overwhelm her with loud comments just yet [Gregg].  But be sure to visit her and leave a note.

*   *   *   *   *  *  *

  Kool Aid and Ramen

I'm pretty sure most of you know of Jesse.  So this is either a new journal for you to check out, or a reminder about a great one.  Jesse's young in body but old in spirit.  He's cute [oh-so-cute], in grad school, close with his family and surviving cancer.  He's not updating as frequently. 

~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~

Don't mess with these folks.  For some reason I feel very protective of our college journalers.  [and there are so many!]  Suddenly I feel so old.  That's not like me.  But to think, kids starting college this year were born the year I graduated high school.  That's so sad. 

It's okay.  I have these guys to keep me young.  Well, that and my naturally youthful spirit.   ::::::flapping wings::::::

13 comments:

luckyaugustgirl said...

Awwwwwww free..... you said "pimpage" !  Im so proud of you!!! :D You rock sister.... Thank you so much! Just think if you say anything with -age, its fresh, young and hip!  (Classage, Pimpage, Grindage (food, from Son-In-Law) Sausage.... ok sausage doesn't work but you get the idea......)  Thanks for making me a journal whore! Your the BEST!!!!!
**Giddy smile!!*** And if 40000 people didnt already read your journal..... id be whoring you out too!
Love Sarah

babyshark28 said...

what a great entry freee.   promoting the college students!  As soon as I catch up with my sidebar pals, I will give these talented and smart college kids a try.

yeah....where is that cane of mine? :p

luckyshammrock18 said...

I love Jesses journal :) It was fun talking to you in the chat tonight! ~ Tricia

clarity4today said...

Hee.  I certainly never think of you as being old!  I think you're younger than I am?  Oh my.  It's interesting how our definition of "old" changes.

Yes, I loved college, too.  I actually miss it. ::sigh:: I didn't start until I was 21.  Graduated in 1996.  It doesn't feel like a million years ago.  lol
Donna

hra73 said...

Hi just surfed in, I love your journal, and your website.  Slomo did an awesome job wow!!  I couldnt get any of your songs to play but I love your writing.  When I expand my business I am hoping to hire slomo to do my web page.  Stop by sometime http://journals.aol.com/hra73/HeathersMemoirs/ Heather~

slowmotionlife said...

Ah, come on.. pimp someone I DON'T know already.  LOL  All pimp-worthy for sure.  Yah Mallory, Jesse, and Sarah!!  :D

derossetfamily said...

I ADORE Mallory!! She deserves a good proper pimpin' for sure. Thanks for links to the other two, I'll go check 'em out! :-)
~Mary

chittarabunny129 said...

I can throw 2 more college students at you : Amber @ http://journals.aol.com/amberella100/AmbersJournal/   and Marissa (me) @ http://journals.aol.com/chittarabunny129/TheEggisCracked/     I've been reading your journal for a long time and now I suppose its time to let you look at mine! - Marissa

hempenhomespun said...

I WISH I had a blog back in college to record the adventures of campus life.  Hours of endless entertainment, lost to the caverns of my fractured memory.  **sigh**

Should it frighten me that college seems about a million years ago when I just graduated in 2002?

happyb8888 said...

Kewlie add for the newbies, girl!!  Sarah must be twitterpated!!  I love how you ALWAYS put others before self!!  Great write up!!

That Happy Chica,
Marcia Ellen

indigosunmoon said...

I've been to Jesse's blog, but not the other two.
Thanks for the pimp!  I'll check em out!
Lovish!
Connie

ryanagi said...

Ah to be young again. I've been recalling my youth in my journal, of late. Fun times. :-) (Did you get my email? LOL) -B

kathlyna22 said...

yay Free! Raise the roof for college!
hahaha, and don't worry, we don't think you're old, we think you rock!
Kathleen