Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Starring Wessolo

This past Sunday, Robbie and I met up in Hollywood at the Stella Adler Theatre to see Jamey (Wessolo) perform in the rock musical, 24 Hours.  I'm a sucker for live theatre...for good live theatre.  And I love musical theatre.  Especially when the music is good!  And this music was great!

For those of you interested - (I'm assuming that's everyone!) - Jamey looks a lot like his pictures on his journal...but way cuter [if you can believe that's possible].  He's charming, warm, friendly and genuine.  And he has a deep, sexy voice.  OK, enough outta me!  Geez, slobber much?

About his acting?  He's intense.  When he commits...he commits.  There's no breaking that character.  He played a variety of roles with a range of emotions.  He is a dedicated artist.  One of his featured songs put me right over the edge and had me in tears.

This is small stuff for this big player.  His acting is impeccable.  His singing is beautiful.  And the boy can move.  Even the little 'boy band' number they did made him look like a star.  I'm really looking forward to seeing him dig his teeth into a non-musical role of substance.  I suggest everyone line up for autographs now because this boy is headed to Hollywood Stardom.

Bravo Jamey!  We can all say we knew you when...  

P.S.  I gave Jamey veto power on these pics but no response yet.  Seems he's already too busy for the little people.  [and standing next to him, I feel REALLY little!]

13 comments:

ryanagi said...

Wow! I like that song. That's so cool that you guys got to see the show! -B

hempenhomespun said...

I think it's incredibly cool that people in J-Land are meeting and supporting each other's endeavors.  It takes our community to a new and exciting level.

babyshark28 said...

I LOVE musical theater too!  I wonder if he is coming to Seattle??   I am glad you and robbie had such a great time, wonderful pictures!!

slowmotionlife said...

When you're that adorable, you don't need veto power.  Besides, it's not like the tabloids are gonna give him a chance to veto photos once he's rich and famous.  He better just get used to it!  LOL  Thanks so much for the review and the photos - I'm glad to hear you and Robbie had a good time and that Jamey's show is going well.  I'm off now to check the website and see if I can get this music file working.  [Did anyone else have trouble with it?]  

miarenee24 said...

Oh, wow! You two lucky girls! He is so adorable in his pictures, I can't imagine how he can be any cuter. But from the light beaming from you and Robbie as you stand beside him in the photos, I believe you :)
The talent, the music, the drama, the looks...yeah, he's going places!

Thanks for sharing your night with us!

Love you!

sonensmilinmon said...

He looks totally adorable, if only I was YOUNGER! ;-)  I listened to the song and not only is he adorable, he can sing ... what is better than a man who can sing?!?


Monica

indigosunmoon said...

The pictures are great!!!  I'm so jealous!!!
Isn't he just the cutest!!!  LOL
I'm glad you guys got to see his show!
Lovish!
Connie

ggal3133 said...

Great pics! Thanks for sharing your experience with us, what a great time :)

hope5555 said...

Sounds like a total blast, and great pix.
Off the subject - I hear you are one of the ones helping to drive Peachy's brother's dogs?  You rock.

krobbie67 said...

Guys get veto power? WTF! Bravo to Jamey!!!!! :-) ---Robbie

freeepeace said...

SLOMO - I had trouble with the music link before I copied it to my journal.  It didn't work directly from the site.  Not sure what that's about.  And yeah, adorable doesn't even deserve veto power! :)

MIA - Robbie and I felt like groupies waiting for him to come out from back stage.  Ick.  I'm no groupie.  LOL  But it was worth waiting to meet him.  Jamey is very much like the Wessolo we read here.  That was refreshing to see.

MONICA - Actually, the recording isn't him.  And honestly, (no offense to the recorded singer but) Jamey's voice is way more powerful.  I was literally in tears with chills.  I WISH there was a recording of him in this.  But there's nothing.  Only memories.

freeepeace said...

RYANAGI - That song has been ringing in my head all day today.  I was surprised.  It took me a moment to figure out what it was.  But that shows it's memorable.  "Ever had a dream that helped you to escape from the other dream you never, never will forget ..."

HEMPEN - It's amazing how many meetings have 'suddenly' been happening.  Love this community. :)

SHARKY - Not sure if this show will come to Seattle.  We saw the last day of the production.  But I imagine Jamey will soon be all over the world - film, tv, etc.

freeepeace said...

CONNIE - Yes, he is.  The cutest!  And genuinely kind-hearted.

GGAL - Yeah we had a great time. :)

HOPE - It was wonderful.  And about Peachy's brother's dogs...I'm happy I can help in this way.

ROBBIE - Good point.  No more veto power to guys.  Especially adorable ones!  :)