Friday, August 20, 2004

More Fire?

I left my side of town to avoid inhaling toxic fumes from the Furniture Store fire yesterday.

Ironically, a candle started a [small] fire in Cheryl's house.  It was calmly extinguished by C. Caliente (it's all in her name).  But not a moment too soon.  The fire burned pictures and tarnish/varnish on a table.  Lots of chemicals.  The smell is still with me.

Got home late last night.  But I wouldn't even have known if my apartment was clear of the furniture store fire smell.  All I could smell was the charred toxicity on my clothing, in my hair and on my skin from Cheryl's.

What is it with fire lately?  I know things tend to come in threes.  But please God, keep me safe in my CR-V.  I am NOT looking forward to that first oil change.

Today I'm definitely moving slower than usual.  Late nights and toxic smoke take a lot out of me I guess.  I've been drinking so much coffee lately that I don't know if it has any affect on me anymore - other than making me jittery, angry and jonesing for more.  I sooooo need to wake up.  I've got a long dogwalking day ahead of me.

I'm already looking forward to tonight.  Just so I can be home, resting and playing in journals.  Maybe [just maybe] I'll watch a DVD this weekend.

Happy Friday everyone!  :::yawwwwn:::

11 comments:

babyshark28 said...

I don't like it when you start talking about how tired you are.  you worry me. My  mom would be saying "take your iron" or something like that.  Have you had your bood checked lately??  
Yesterday I had an overload of Energy drinks and coffee, was feeling a bit tired as well.  Maybe it's the change of the seasons....who knows.  It's a DRAG whatever it is.
take care sweets xo

derossetfamily said...

Thats nuts! I just read your CR-V fire entry. Very strange. But hey, I'm sure it all really just amounts to nothing as far as things happening in three's goes. Hope a good scrub in the shower and fresh air helps pick you up!
~Mary

miarenee24 said...

Wow, just reading this leaves me needing a cup of coffee! Enjoy that DVD, you deserve a break and you need the rest after all of this excitement.
hugs!

ondinemonet said...

Hi Trish

Remember the salads and push the vitiamin Cs...and listen to your body. Rest, rest, rest, :) Been there...often.

Love, Carly :)

sonensmilinmon said...

Mmmm, I'm going to sound like a mom now. Young lady, have  you been taking your iron?!  OK, with that out of the way, I hope you get some rest .. I think I could  use some too!  SEems like everyone is dealing with fires around them.

Monica

gatorspictures said...

happy friday, trish!
hmmm.....just in case, i would leave the candles and incense alone this weekend... you and hunny stay safe and have a good one!! c
p/s i hope there was minimal damage at cheryl's place.

ggal3133 said...

Rest and enjoy your dvd :)
Sorry to hear about Cheryl's fire but I'm glad that it wasn't any worse.

musenla said...

Nothing alarms the senses as quickly as a fire.  A couple of days ago someone in the house warmed leftovers in foil and a styrofoam container in the microwave.  Bad idea.  The foil started sparks and set the styrofoam on fire!  

Before it got any worse I turned the microwave off and opened its door to cover the plate with some wet paper towels.  It killed the fire but caused black smoke to billow out and it smelled bad.  It hung around the house for days.

One thing good about incidents like yours and mine is it makes us pay attention and sharpens our reflexes.  Reminds us when it comes to fire, we just can't take anything for granted.

Sorry about the fire at Cheryl's house, but am glad it was no worse than it was.

slowmotionlife said...

Aggg.. apologies to Cheryl. Hope nothing precious got burned.  So glad Cuntessa was there to put out the fire [though my understanding is that she usually starts them. *wink*] tehehehe..  OK.  Enough silliness.  I think the fire thing has to do with the fact that you're all so HOTTTTT down there.  Sizzzle.  Rawrrr.  LOL  LOVE YOU!

geminiwilder said...

Ack, freee!  stay safe!!

krobbie67 said...

What's that saying? Out of the frying pan and into the fire. Yikes! Glad that you caught the fire in time. Well wishes to Cheryl! and you! :-) ---Robbie