Wednesday, August 4, 2004

Another Sleepless Night in LA

I haven't been sleeping very well lately.  And tonight/this morning is no exception.  But I can't go back to bed because I have an early morning plane to catch.  And I mean early.  Too early to get coffee from my favorite place.  I'm also going to lose two hours today because of the time difference.  Oh yeah!  I'm off to a great start.  This is probably why I need a vacation in the first place.

Hunny watched me pack last night.  She gets really depressed when she sees luggage...no matter how small the bag is.  She knows I'm going away.  I did tell her she was coming with me to the airport but that she'd be staying with her Auntie Cheryl, Opie and the cats.

Usually the words, you're coming with me are enough
to make her skip and jump and run around the room with joy.  But I could tell she completely understood that she'd be coming with me part of the way, but not all the way to Texas.


I stopped packing every few minutes to get her to play or give her a massage or look into her eyes and remind her that I'm always with her.  She's smart and sensitive.  Sometimes it's to her/our disadvantage.  She gets so sad, she won't look at me or kiss me goodbye.  It doesn't matter if I'm leaving for five minutes or five days.  To her the bottom line is, I'm leaving.  I'm not looking forward to that moment at the airport.  It breaks my heart.

She'll get over it.  And so will I.  She lo-o-oves staying with her Auntie Cheryl.  The yard, the doggie door, the treats, the other animals, the walks by the beach, the love.  Come on, it's like sleep-over camp for our pets.  The moment she gets her mouth on the big juicy bone waiting for her, she'll forget all about me!  I, on the other hand, will miss her terribly...until I get my mouth on some Coca-Cola Cake.  We're not all that different really.

14 comments:

coy1234787 said...

  Awww ... she will miss you, but think how happy she will be when you get back!
Have fun at Hotel SloMo, I'm sure we will get to hear all of the details.
                                      *** Coy ***

luckyaugustgirl said...

VACATION DAY! Wooo Hooooo! Dont Worry, Hunny will love you just as much when you get back, and shes in great hands!
Enjoy your trip, and coffee sounds so good..... mmmmmm!
~ S.

ggal3133 said...

It's always hard leaving pets behind but she will be fine with her Auntie Cheryl and will be so excited when you come back :)
Have a great time in TX and with slomo!

s0ngbird1962 said...

Bet you are in the air now.... Hoping you and Hunny have a wonderful vacation!!  I'm sure you will : )

I LOVE vacation, but the best part is always *coming home*....

redhdka said...

Ah I feel so bad for Honey...she's going to miss her mommy. But you need some rest. I hope you catch up on your sleep. I hope you have great fun in Texas. Isn't it like really hot there right now?

riddlinatari1 said...

Have fun in Texas and eating Coca Cola Cake. Put in a few words for me and maybe she'll send me on. Jk. And don't write about the weather much, I get jealous over good weather...I love Texas weather...Jesse

my78novata said...

I dont blame you I would miss my dog too. We takethem camping. If they dont allow dogs I wont go. I have left campgrounds for that reason manytimes . I telll them there are people I would rather you keep out of her than for you to stop dogs. !!!!!!! I leave and never return. Most campgrounds and motels are dog freindly now. Lori
PS HONEY is adorable absolulty adorable.

deabvt said...

I wish Hunny could stay with me...Have a great time.
V

babyshark28 said...

LOL!
"were not all that different really"
oooh, your just so sweet.
I can't imagine....to really GET to taste that cake, with Slo sitting beside me.  Staring at me and waiting for the exhaltations!!  LOL!!  Great!
Have a great time, I am just so excited that the both of you can solidify your friendship even further, it's about stinkin' time I say. :p

chefgracegeorge said...

Have a great trip, Freeep!
(yes, I'm still here. Still reading.  Still one of your biggest fans!)

andreakingme said...

Hey, I'll make it worth your while if you Fed-Ex me a piece of that Coca Cola cake.

Yes, I am all about the cake.

lamove04 said...

Hope you have a great time, and ask Slomo if she makes a Diet Coca-Cola cake!
--Albert

txsguinan said...

I hope you both have a Wonderful time (and Hunny too!)

I can't stop thinking about that coca-cola cake...(mmm... :)

krobbie67 said...

Poor Hunny! How is it that dogs just seem to know? Blows my mind. :-) ---Robbie