Friday, July 23, 2004

Sustenance

Protein and veggies rock my world.  Lots of fresh garlic too - nature's antibiotic.  I figure, I'm in for the night.  I don't think Hunny and Opie will mind a little garlic breath...considering what they choose to put in their mouths all day!

We're having a sleep-over with Opie.  Cheryl has a busier life than me.  Honestly, I don't know how she does it.  But she's constantly on the go.  So Opie's spending the night with us.  We're going to the beach tomorrow afternoon.  I'm working this weekend...just a few walks for a local doggie whose parents are out of town.  Perfect for a little extra spending cash for my upcoming trip.

Maybe I can buy some clothes that actually fit me.  I'm so lazy.  I just don't like going shopping.  I have to be in the mood.  Don't ask.  I don't even know what qualities define the mood.  It sort of just has to happen organically.  If I plan to go shopping, I'll dread it and keep putting it off.  But if I'm driving by Ross or Target and have a few minutes to spare, I could easily get lost under a pile of things overflowing in a cart.  Things I should've bought throughout the year but kept putting off.  Like socks, shorts, summer pants, hats, watches, sunglasses... Oooh, I'd better stop listing items.  I'm likely to run out the door looking for a 24-hour sale.

I actually do have to run to the 24-hour pharmacy to pick up a prescription.  I put it off all day.  I figured I could avoid those lines by going in the middle of the night when only freaks are out.  With my luck, everyone else has the same idea.

Don't worry...I'm not leaving yet!

8 comments:

danielled1 said...

We have the same countertop. lol :)
Yummy, looks good.


Danielle

mallory4284 said...

more nutritious than my dinner. I only had some cereal....

I hear you about the shopping. I'm the same way. If I'm not in the mood to shop Jen gets irritated cause when she asks my opinion of something i'll just shrug my shoulders and walk away. Though this past week I've been doing waaay too much shopping....

-- Mallory :)

luckyaugustgirl said...

Ummmm yummy! Maybe its the lighting but Brocolli is definately yummy for z tummy. Is that really garlic on the bottom~  :S! I only wish i was as healthy as you are!

ggal3133 said...

mmm love broccoli!

Shopping for myself isn't one of my favorite things anymore. Maybe its because I can't find the time to fit it in with everything else?
Have fun at the beach :)

s0ngbird1962 said...

Is that broccoli, eggs and garlic?  Counted 4 cloves of garlic, Hunny just might push you out of the bed tonight, lol....

slowmotionlife said...

Note to self:  Stock up on frozen brocolli and eggs.  :D

babyshark28 said...

ha. me too.  I can't say how many times I say " I need socks! " but never really buy myself some.  Summer stuff too, and summer is gradually sneaking past me. It will be winter before I get around to buy some shorts, lol.  They should be a lot cheaper then.....

krobbie67 said...

Wow, do you actually eat the garlic whole like that? I love garlic and it's great for all kinds of medicinal purposes but the only way I've ever tried it whole (per se) is roasted. Do you boil it? :-) ---Robbie