Monday, July 12, 2004

Saturday Morning

Apparently my energy is returning because I didn't nap the entire weekend.  However, I did hit the bed running this afternoon and fell into a deep coma-like sleep.  I guess I needed it.

Saturday I took an early morning walk with the girls and our pups.  We dropped Hunny off at her groomers and then spent some time stalking an ex-boyfriend.  Not mine!  Geez.  I was just the driver.  Huh?  What?  I know nothing.


Then I spent way too much time self-washing my car - including vacuuming the inside. What was I thinking?  Not only did it cost more (because I had to keep depositing quarters), but it also took much longer.  And I botched it up so much that now I need a real car-wash!

As I was finishing up, drying the spots and streaking the windows, I noticed the man next to me trying to explain to a woman just how simple it would be to unlock her door if he had a coat hanger.  They both caught my eye, so I couldn't just ignore them.

Me: "Awe, bummer. Did you lock your keys in your car?"

Her: "Yeah."

Why couldn't I just leave it at that?

Me: "Do you have Triple-A?" [smacks forehead]

Her: "No ... Do you?"

I was like a deer caught in the headlights.  My eyes widened as I was trying to think of a way to slip out of there.  Before I knew it...

Me: "Yeah, I have Triple-A.  Let me call them for you."

UGH!

That was my Good Samaritan deed for the year.

6 comments:

geminiwilder said...

hard to turn back after putting it out there, freee.  next time go to the drive-thru wash and stay in the car!   LOL
Phinney

irun01 said...

A HERO as well as a Rock Star

miarenee24 said...

Bless you dear! I can SO see you doing that!
:)

grassriver said...

Stalking an Ex can be so fun - but I'm weird like that :o)
You are so good to call AAA for a stranger!
XOXO...Kelli

babyshark28 said...

what a sweet heart you are. :)  calling triple A.  I am sure she was very grateful, and is telling everyone she knows how wonderful you were. :)

andreakingme said...

Rut-roh. Does this mean you had to pay for it? That there's a mark against you? One less credit?

Obviously, I don't have triple-A. But I don't have a drinking problem. Nope. I only drink to merriness. And, er, lackagrace-ness.

*

*

*

*

*

Heh! Did I get you? Triple-A? AA? Alcoholics Anonymous?

Me go now.