Friday, July 23, 2004

Power-Blogging



It is my full intention to do some power-blogging tonight.  I've been so busy with life that I haven't really had a chance to do the writing I've been thinking in my head.  I might need to invest in a mini recorder or a dictation machine.  Everything I do...everything I see...I want to blog.  It's insane.  But by the time I get home, showered, fed and rested, it's time to start a brand new day.  If it weren't for my digital camera, I might forget what's been keeping me so busy these days.  I have movies from Netflix sitting here, collecting dust.  And they will continue to do so tonight...till I get my fill of AOL-J.  God help me stay awake and alert!

I know I keep saying pictures of Cheryl are coming ... and they really are.  But I'm such a perfectionist that I can't choose just one picture.  I can't find the best shot.  They each tell a different story.  I keep thinking I'll use the next one and then ... suddenly ... it's midnight.  But I'm going to choose at least one to post tonight.

Perhaps I should just do what Cheryl does ... take only one picture!  Makes for easy choosing.  This is the only picture she got of today's try on the rings.  I wasn't as strong as I was the other day.  I had just come from a full day of dogwalking - and I'd just eaten a chocolate covered frozen banana.  No joke.  I've never had one before.  It was amazing!  But in this picture, I can see exactly where the chocolate landed in my body.  Geesh, weeks off chocolate and still it knows exactly where to go.  Ugh.  Time for abdominal workouts.  Not to mention rebuilding muscle in my scrawny arms.  It's pathetic what a month of illness will do to my body.  I digress.

My favorite thing about this picture is my Peter Pan shadow in the sand.  Thanks Cheryl.  Great shot!

After two tries today, I completely understand the difficulty Cheryl had holding the steering wheel.  My palms were so tender - as if they'd been sunburned.  No blisters or broken skin...yet.  Let'shope I never see that day.

14 comments:

johnn60504 said...

Ah, Freee!  You look fantastic on the rings!  If you are out browsing the web, check out the latest goings on in our little world at http://www.needhamfamily.net

Our youngest broke his little leg, and is in a full-leg cast for four weeks.  He is really hilarious clomping around in a full-leg cast, but he is a little trooper, a real spirit, a heart of gold.  And really brave!

Believe me Freee, you look great on the rings!  Even better (from my perspective, anyway) than the eye candy you were drooling over in the previous post!

John

geminiwilder said...

ACK!  You go, girl!  I could never do that, even when I was a young and semi-slender thing!  Don't they make fingerless gloves for that, or something?  Yikes.  Take it easy, you need those hands for holding leashes!    ~phinney

slowmotionlife said...

Ha on the belly comment!! Give me a break. You look fabulous, scrawny even.  When you get here, I'm gonna fatten you up with chicken-n-dumplin's and coca-cola cake!!  Muhahahahaha!!!  LOL  

Great swinging action!  Not my thang.  But I'd happily sit on the sidelines, camera in hand, and cheer you on!!  :D

redhdka said...

This is a terrific shot I love it. So much fun. You are strong I would grab one and just hang and then fall. LOL

ryanagi said...

Oh man I wish I could do that! I haven't done rings or monkey bars successfully since probably kindergarten. LOL -B

sepintx said...

Spider Woman lives!
Great shot that and the peter pan shadow is cool.

indigosunmoon said...

I think the picture is perfect!  And I'm sure the one you
choose of Cheryl will be perfect too!
And you look amazing!  I only wish I could swing from
those rings myself!  One of these days...maybe!
Love ya!
Connie

mallory4284 said...

that is a really cool picture! I could never do that. you wanna talk about no upper body strength? I'm the queen of no upper body strength....

i wish i lived somewhere where i could go walking on the beach whenever i wanted. there's always indiana beach, but it's not quite got the same effect....

-- Mallory

luckyaugustgirl said...

Love the Peter Pan shadow.... ummm ms olympian and former gymnast extraordinare, how far are those rings from the ground.........;) Glad to see your getting your strength back.....
Sarah

sistercdr said...

You're right, the shadow is the icing on the cake!  I'm so glad you're feeling better.

ggal3133 said...

Great pic :)

s0ngbird1962 said...

She's baaaaaaaaaaaaack!  YAY, these pics prove you are finally conquering the mono.  Great pic, lovin' the Peter Pan shadow too, lol, change that blue hat for a green pointy cap and the image is complete.  

I used to make those chocolate covered banana's at home when Spencer (now 16) was a small boy. Would also roll them in chopped nuts.  Yummmmmy!!

Oh yeah, and wishing I only had one chocolate banana to work off, haven't seen my abs in years....lol  : )  

babyshark28 said...

why, look at you!   Great job freee :)
I like that peter pan shadow too, great shot!

krobbie67 said...

That shadow is cool! :-) ---Robbie