Thursday, July 29, 2004

Happy Anniversary AOL-J

 

Graphic designed by SloMo.  Artwork provided by Judith Heartsong.

Click to listen to the AOL-J Anniversary song.

When I started my journal last September, I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  I don't think any of us really did.  But we just...did.  The love and support that I've received from this community is part of what makes me who I am today.

When Vivian first asked if I would dedicate a song for the Anniversary, I had just been diagnosed with mono.  I was so weak, I could barely hold the guitar.  And my breath capacity was very limited.  A month passed and I thought for sure I'd miss the festivities.

But Vivian was persistent and asked one more time [ok, maybe more than once].  It was only last week that I was finally able to play and sing an entire song without collapsing into bed from exhaustion.  So I made a last-minute phone call to some musician friends who were up for the challenge of recording on the fly.  Thank you Vivian, for not giving up on me.

Pictures (below) are courtesy of Robbie, who was also available at the last minute to join us for the first recording session.  She got to meet the musicians and hear the song...over and over and over again!  A million thanks to Robbie for her honesty, spirit and support.

Be sure to visit my website, designed and created by my good friend SloMo.  It always feels strange to say "my website" because to me, it's SloMo's website with my information on it.  She's the brainchild of that project.  Because of her, my music is being heard all across the country.  And in a few other parts of the world.  And now I have somewhere to go on vacation next week.

I learned a lot this week while recording.  At the very least, I really got that I wouldn't be where I am today without the AOL-J community.  With love and peace.


Click to visit Special Edition Anniversary Blog (SEAB), highlighting the events of the cyber-celebration marking the 1st anniversary of AOL Journals.

25 comments:

danielled1 said...

Love the song, great work, and thank you :)

Danielle

ladydriversammie said...

Trish,

Though I've seen your journal link pasted all over J-Land, I don't think I've ever visited here before.

I've just been sitting here listening to the song you recorded for the Anniversary Celebration...over and over and over.  It's beautiful, as are the festivities that everyone has put together.  I had my own small part but that's just what it feels like in light of all that is going on...small.

That's a great site that SloMo put up for you and your music is simply wonderful.

I'll be back, but I have to go for now...

Sammie

http://journals.aol.com/ladydriversammie/MovinOn

ggal3133 said...

thanks for sharing those pictures :)
Wonderful song!

geminiwilder said...

this is so awesome, freee!  when does the video come out!?????  maybe robbie can shoot that, as well!  ??  :)
your song made me smile and cry at the same time.  only a handful of songs can make that claim...
i absolutely love that graphic also, will that be on the cover of the CD single?  if you're not planning to do that, well, you SHOULD!!!  
as i've said before, freee, you ARE love.      xo ~phinney, who's happy to know ya!

ryanagi said...

Very nice! You are one multi-talented chick, Trish. :-)  -B

riverdaughter196 said...

What a great song.

deabvt said...

You look so happy!
V

slowmotionlife said...

Awesome song sung by an awesome girl!!  I love the recording photos!!  Happy Anniversary!!!  :D

babyshark28 said...

ooooh HOW wonderful!  and sooooo flippin' jealous of robbie!!  :P  way to go Robbie, the pictures loook great!
Isn't it great how we all pull together around here. I swear...the next move for aol-j....take over the world!  mu ha ha hahhhh.  not really, I don't want it anyway. LOL.   Love you!

txsguinan said...

freee ~ this is SO WONDERFUL!  I love slo's graphic, and Judith's watercolor torch is just fabulous (it WOULD make a great cover!)  My only regret is that I just can't get your song to load properly (my system) ~ it keeps cutting in and out, and I can't hear all the lyrics! :(  Those I can hear are making me teary; "...I'm here for you, you're here for me too...we are family, we are one..."  It's TERRIFIC!

One thing that comes through loud and clear is your beautiful voice.  And there's Robbie's 'studio shots' to complete the happy picture.  Happy Anniversary!   :)

absinthemnded said...

WOOT!!!!!!   What a great contribution . You are so talented !

montaukny said...

{{Freee}}  WOOT!  What a ::fabulous:: song!  You so totally rock, sweetie!  Not sure what else to say...I'm so moved by your song & everything else that's going on around J-Land.  Love ya!  ~Aunt Nub~

krobbie67 said...

I can't hear but bits and pieces of the song. Darn dial-up! (Kind of like the other night. Ha Ha) I love the pics you chose but you didn't put in the scrunchy faced one that's powerful to me. It shows your heart in your music. Great choices, nonetheless. And, I love the graphic Slo did with Judith's torch. Very very nice!
:-) ---Robbie

dakotarose2852 said...

Great song!  While you say that you wouldn't be where you are today without the J community, I would have to add that AOL J Land would not be quite as bright without your great journal.  Glad you had a good time at the recording session.
Susan

pollysci said...

Trish,

I am highly impressed, woman!  Your lyrics, Judith's artwork and SloMo's graphic are the epitome of oneness.  =]

tara =]

indigosunmoon said...

Drat!  I could only hear bits and pieces of the song,
but what I heard was fantastic!  What a phenomenal
woman you are Trish Monaco!!!
Love love Lovish!!!
-Connie

sonensmilinmon said...

I could only get bits n pieces of the song.  I think it could be my computer ... after all I'm reading/writing from my job.  Shhhhhhhhhh :-)  There is so much talent here in j-land ... you are one such amazing talent.  I'm totally honest when I say I can't wait to get another CD of yours.  I enjoy the samplier so very much.

Monica

derossetfamily said...

I havent even listened to the song yet and I'm gettin' all teary! My anniversary entry/entries will be later, but yours and SloMos and everyone elses have been SO inspiring. I loved your email/comment over at my place! I'll answer it soon. Pay no more than absolutely zerooooooo. I'm totalleh there with you. And I love that Nirvana poster! Had it on my wall in high school and have worn nothing less than comparable Jackie O sunglasses ever since :)
~Mary
I'll be back!

derossetfamily said...

Well, I was able to hear the first maybe 10 seconds, and of course I was completely entranced when I was cut off...is there any other way I can hear it? I'm so bummed! :(
~Mary

andreakingme said...

Oh geeze, I'm in tears here because I listened to the song while I read your Entry and stared at the photos. This is ::sob:: so ::sob:: cool!

I'm glad Vivian didn't give up on you, either. This is a great opportunity to show what you've got to so many people out in J-Land. And remember ... John Scalzi said there were hundreds of thousands of 'em now. That's a lot of exposure! Woo-hoo, baby!

I would have loved to have been there in that living room (or where ever it was) hearing that song over and over and over!

grassriver said...

The song is just great - I love it!!!
Your site is great, and your music is definitely being listened to in Germany.
XOXO.....Kelli

floralilia said...

succulent musical wisdom

waving my bic lighter.....encore! encore!   clapping...

way to go freee!

riddlinatari1 said...

I just thought I'd stop by and say that you have an amazing voice and I loved the song. Jesse

judithheartsong said...

Yippee for you! I am so darn proud to know you. Just beautiful, judi :):)

s0ngbird1962 said...

Freee, loved the song....
                                 ....Awesome....

And WOW, you are shrinking.... good to see ya eating that banana : )