Friday, July 23, 2004

Checking In

Doesn't it figure?  I finally updated last night but AOL-Journals went down for a few hours.  All for good reason, I'm sure.  So this (lame) entry was stuck in a holding bin.  Now it's 'postmarked' Friday.  Ah well, Happy Friday Everyone!



Thursday night already.
  I swear, when I get to feeling well, I suddenly realize how busy my life is.  My hikes started up again, so my mornings are booked.  Honestly, I have no idea how I kept this up while I was in the thick of sick!  I haven't even had time to upload pictures from the past few days.  Let's see, where to begin...


Pictures of Cheryl on the rings coming soon...I mean it.  For now, the easiest picture to post is the chalk on my hands from my first time.  I knew I'd love it.  I got all the way to the end.  It was a random try.  I chalked my hands, hoisted myself up on the first ring, and Cheryl gave me a good starting shove.  She cheered me all the way down the line.  I made it to the very end...but didn't have enough momentum to come back.  I was surprised by how strong I felt and how fricken fun it really is.  It's like an amusement ride.  Like flying - even with what little momentum I had.  I was only minimally sore the next day.  I'll surely be trying these again and again!

I've confirmed travel arrangements for a much-anticipated vacation to visit one little Texas Tornado in a couple of weeks.  I love traveling.  I love airplanes.  I love airports.  I love the feeling of getting on a plane in one place and getting off the same plane in a completely different place.  It's exciting.  Almost surreal.  I haven't had a vacation in...umm...vacation?  Let's see...I'm sure I recognize that word somewhere in my memory bank... Anyway, I'm way overdue!  I'm really looking forward to it.  And what perfect timing - during AOL-J's First Anniversary.

I'm also planning a trip back east with Cheryl in late September.  She and I both have family and friends there.  It's been afew years that we've wanted to take this trip.  But timing's been off for both of us.  This year, we're making it happen.  Lots to look forward to.

Work is keeping me busy busy busy.
  I love it.  I keep getting referrals and last-minute calls for walking.  I love summer for this reason.  Well, I love summer for many reasons - this is just one of them.


It's been brutally hot during the peak of day.  But I can't even describe how comfortable I feel in the PeaceMobile.  Driving in this heat used to wear me down a lot faster.  Now I have more energy and the dogs are more comfortable with the privacy glass and kick-ass A/C.  And now that I have a cooler, my food doesn't go bad as fast.  Although, my bananas passed brown and went straight to black today.  Haven't figured how to slow down the ripening process now that I've learned how to speed it up.  They all ripen at the same time.  I think the trick is to buy one banana from many different bunches.  All different ages.  Ah-ha!  I think I'm onto something!  Ugh, now I want a banana.

Funny how I'm really into bananas, coconuts and swinging on the rings lately.  Well, it is the Chinese Year of the Monkey.  I was born in the Year of the Monkey.  And when I was a toddler, my dad used to stop in the hallway with me in his arms and tell me to "Look at the monkey in the mirror."  I searched high and low for that monkey.  I thought I was crazy for not being able to see what he saw.  Later I realized I wasn't the crazy one.  Monkey, maybe.  Crazy, notsomuch.  Then again....

8 comments:

deabvt said...

Freee, Great to hear `bout your vacation!  You`ve earned it! I wish I could take care of your pretty puppy!
V

ryanagi said...

You sound almost back to normal...it's nice to see! Happy Friday to you too.
:-)
-B

derossetfamily said...

Oooooh! SloMo vacation, sounds fun! I really wish they had ring things near here, I'd love to swing around like a monkey all day lol! And a trip east! You really are keeping busy! Glad your energy's up and the PeaceMobile is delivering! :)
~Mary

s0ngbird1962 said...

Ha, knew you'd be out there in no time.  LOL, great pic of you with the chalk on your hands, sounds like you had a blast.  Very cool about going to Tx to visit a little Texas Tornado, just know you two will get along like two pea's in a pod.  Take pics : )

slowmotionlife said...

Hey, you little monkey you!  Swingin' on rings and eatin' bananas!  Kooky Kiddo.  :P

Woohoo on your trip!!  I still haven't written an entry about it, but I will soon.  Lots going on here - for both of us.  But it'll be great to have you here.  Fun, fun, fun!!  Don't be surprised if I wear you out, though, and you come back home feeling more tired than when you left.  LOL  I move at a fast pace, darlin'.  Watch out!  Tornado girl coming through.  :D

luckyaugustgirl said...

LOL you are definately monkey- ish material with this ring business and choco covered bananas....... looks like you found yourself a hot ape-ish man to photograph......Love the hair...... Hope to see a picture of the eyes pretty soon...... ;) Did he respond well to the pic? Wheres the entry about Freeee's busy dating life???? ;) Good pictures...... :) Sandy hands and muscular bods... perfect way to start a weekend! Keep on blogging even though im reading these backwards;)

babyshark28 said...

Great picture freee. I love it when you post pictures of yourself. :)
The meeting with that Texas Tornado should be a wonderful one!  
long overdue I say :D

krobbie67 said...

You go girl! Even in my strongest days I couldn't have done one ring. I'm not an upper-body strong kind of person. All my power is in my legs. :-) ---Robbie