Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Life and Car



Yesterday went fairly okay - I had more energy throughout the day than I had over the weekend.  I came home and rested, like I promised myself.  But today I feel like hell again.  I woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat, aches and fever.  But I guess that's the nature of this beast.

[laughing] I just realized I'm parked in the red zone in the pic.
  I have a perfect driving record [knock wood].  And here I am, already breaking the law just to take a picture of the new addition to my family.  Whoops!  Sowwy Ossifer, but look how beautiful my new baby is!

Already filled with doghair - it's time for me to get protectors and fold those back seats down.  I also need a divider so the dogs can't hop in the front seat, especially while driving.  I don't mind if Hunny joins me but some of these dogs are big babies and want to be right on top of me.  I can't have an extra 60 lbs on my lap even while not driving!

Today they're coming to install the keyless entry w/alarm.  And I also ordered some protective coating for the paint and upholstery.  It's supposed to be stain resistant for at least 6 years.  Seemed worth it at the time.  But that means I have to get a full carwash today and vacuum every follicle of hair out from the inside so they can treat it with some "new car smelling chemical".  Great, just what I need.  But, at least they're coming to me.

Unlike tomorrow, when I have to drive to Alhambra to get the windows tinted.  But that's a very important piece.  Once that's done, then my car-buying process is over.  Well, except for the monthly payments for the next few years.

Eventually, I'd like to get running boards, to make loading and unloading easier for the dogs.  Sparky and Winnie have trouble getting in.  I have to help them.  Even Marley has trouble at first try.  And Otis, forget it!  Hunny doesn't have trouble getting in.  But she does a swan dive out of the car from the seat.  That's a big drop.  Makes mama nervous.

Off to start my dogwalking day...

26 comments:

dockart said...

Love your new car! Love the photo with Hunny in the backseat;) I'm not sure running boards will help the dogs. They need more of a ramp I think.
Hope you are feeling better real soon. It must be hard working all day when you should be in bed.
Donna:)

deabvt said...

Great car!    Greater Hunny!!!!
V

geminiwilder said...

Aww, I want to visit your doggie!  Is she going to SloMo's with you?  Funny, you have red zones...ours are yellow!  Ossifer will understand, don't you think?  And, um...don't these cars already come with all these extra thingies as 'options'?  I can't believe you have to do all this extra junk after you get the car!  Yikes, too much work!

Take care today, and be well!  
xo Phin

ryanagi said...

Love the new wheels! And the baby peeking out the back window was a nice added touch. LOL -B

andreakingme said...

Now that's a cute photo! Makes me think of that song, "Who's dat doggy in the window?"

Well, that's probably not how it goes, but that's what my head hears. Um, or something.

You law breaker! And hey ... are you going to visit SloMo?

tammy97501 said...

congrats on your new car - it's a beauty!  May you have many miles of smiles... and be sure to get some rest!
Tammy

babyshark28 said...

awww
hunny is ready to go!  lol
loooooks fabulous!   the car has my profile....seriously.  I'm petite but endowed with a big knose. sigh.

anyway. looks great. :)

slowmotionlife said...

LOL... Hunny looks VERY pleased with her plush new ride.  I love the look of it, girl.  Very, very nice.  Definitely time to get those protectors AND the divider. Could be dangerous.  Eeek!  I'm trying to imagine Otis trying to get into the car.  tehehehe.. too cute!!  :D

diannevan said...

The PeaceMobile totally rocks!!  

krobbie67 said...

That picture is so cute, even if it is illegal. :-) ---Robbie

musenla said...

Hunny looks proudly smug of her Mommy's new wheels, lol.  Gosh, it used to be that driving the car home ends the hassle of buying a car, now it's just the beginning.  Oh well, it's worth it, it's a beauty!

aynetal3 said...

*Whistlin!*  She sure is a beaut Freee!  Must feel like a million bucks to pull up to the client's house.  "Sir (or Madam), your limosine is waiting!!"  

s0ngbird1962 said...

Lovin' your new car.... and Hunny looks hilariously cute looking out the back window, lol.  Keep on resting, you'll feel like the old Freee before ya know it...

clarity4today said...

Congratulations!! I'm glad you found something you liked, and it looks like Hunny likes it fine, too. :-)

gatorspictures said...

freee, love your new ride!! hope you are feeling much better today. C

dakotarose2852 said...

Hunny is so cute looking out the window.  Congrats on your new car!

derossetfamily said...

Yup. I'm jealous. ;)
Soon it will be all pimped out for ya and you can enjoy it to its fullest. Have fun in that bad boy! And poor dogs...lol, yeah, running boards might be a good idea.
~Mary

miarenee24 said...

Yes, mono is a beast. My twin-friend had it years ago and was in the hospital for a while. But, she didn't slow down enough to take care of herself. I'm glad that you did.

Adorable picture of hunny in your new wheels. She looks so ready to go somewhere.

Parking in the RED zone, just to get the perfect shot. lol! love it!

Feel better soon, dear, so you can enjoy that hot, new ride!

Love ya

viviansullinwank said...

Well hot-damn-a-lam!  {{{{{Freee}}}} as a fellow Honda owner (although my car isn't new or cool)...congratulations! One of my best friends has the 2002 model...as a matter of fact I rode to lunch in it with her a couple of weeks ago...it's her second one and she's highly recommended it to me (since I'm thinking about getting a new car next year).     I've just been catching up over here and see that you've been up to lots of good stuff!

Smooches,
Your Gemini sister-friend ----  moi!

happyb8888 said...

Running boards are a great idea.  Our dawgs love to ride and hair in the car is a given for any dawg lover.  :)  Thanks!!

mallory4284 said...

oooh look at that sharp car and the cutey dog inside! Keyless entry would be nice! I would love that. I need to go get my washed. It's awfully dirty, and I can't seems to get all the bugs off the front, not matter how hard I scrub! But it doesn't help much that I have a lot of small dings on the front that look like bugs....

Anyway, I hope you're feeling better!

-- Mallory :)

sepintx said...

Sweet!

karynetaylor said...

I dunno ... I was expecting something more vibrant looking! Bright colored, maybe. Something you could paint a big peace sign on? Just kidding

The puppy in the window is priceless. The look on its face made me laugh. Is it "hurry up and take the photo before the cops get here"?

Hope you are feeling 100% by the time you run across this. As I told my Mom the other day, our under par days are thrown in to help us appreciate the healthy ones ...

~ Karyn

ondinemonet said...

Hunny looks fab in his proper place...that dog is so gorgeous, please give him a big hug from me...Smile! Love, Carly :)

dymphna103 said...

Hey I love the car.  red zone to get the pic that was good.   john

s0ngbird1962 said...

((((Freee)))) Dropped by to let you know I was thinking about you.  Hoping you are feeling stronger every day.  ~~Miss you, get better...  **hugs only**