Tuesday, May 4, 2004

Yay!

Life is amazing lately.  I'm riding one long incredible wave.  Part of me is a little apprehensive to give in to the joy.  I'm so used to flying for a while and crashing hard.  But this has gone on for a month now.  And it keeps getting better.  That's what makes me act with a little trepidation.  Not expecting it but waiting for the fall.  Y'know?

Tonight's rehearsal has been postponed.  [whew]  I could've done it.  I made copies of all my music and bought 3-ring binders for the musicians and producer.  I don't know if I've ever been so organized.  The only thing I haven't done is pick up my guitar.  But we're practicing on Saturday instead.  And recording next Monday night.  So I have this week to brush up. Yay!

It was just so dang hot here today. The air conditioning in my car didn't start cooling off till the sixth hour.  I do a lot of driving.  I'm a little concerned about my car.  It's making a rattling noise - like a chain on a bike, or like a loose metal cap bouncing under the hood.  I need to get it checked.  I can't afford to break down.  I drive all over the city. I think I put over 100 miles on my car a day now.  I should keep better track of that, now that I think about it.

A while back I posted a few coveted items One of which I already bought - new shoes. Yay!  Though I'm dogwalking in the old ones, I have the new ones for non-dogwalking time. Ahhh, I feel human again.

The second thing that I'll be acquiring from that list of covets is a real bed.  Oooooh, just thinking about it makes me wanna jump on it!  A friend is merging in her relationship - therefore her queen size [hardly used] bed is available for me.  I can't beat $50 for a queen box spring and mattress with pillow covering. Yay!

I admit, I'll miss the futon and all its hippy-ness.  But I'm so looking forward to the comfort of a real bed again.  Then again, maybe there's a reason I've been waking up at 7AM every day lately.  I just might sleep through my day if my bed is comfortable.  Maybe I'll wait till the weekend to pick it up.

I'm very close to having a third thing from that list of covets in my hands. Yay!  But you'll be sure to know when that happens.  Trust me.

I went to the Santa Monica Homeopathic Pharmacy today [finally] to get the exact information about what I need to do to take care of this [benign] tumor.  Putting it all on paper with the numbers next to it somehow made it seem less intimidating and a lot more affordable than my mind remembers.  It's the same stuff I started taking almost two years ago.  I had to stop because I couldn't afford it.  It's an aggressive three-to-six-month program of herbs and homeopathics.  I've already gotten a head start with my diet - or "healthy lifestyle" as I like to refer to it.

I'm gearing up and almost ready to attack this, head on.  If work continues this way, I should be able to afford the meds.  Yay!

It's a wonderful feeling, taking care of myself.  I mean, I take pretty good care of myself in general. Because I generally care about myself.  But something has shifted.  I'm having another birthday this year [funny how that happens] and I'm realizing, this is the only body I will have in this lifetime.

So far, this body has been a rock!  I've yet to have a broken bone or stitches.  I don't bruise easily.  My hair and nails are thick and strong.  Sure I have sensitive skin and a few allergies.  I have some things that need to be checked out.  But I'm so grateful for the strength of this body - this tiny shell that's carried me through this life on this planet for all these years.  The least I can do is treat it with love and kindness.

I've been so angry with my body for betraying me earlier in life.  It's high time I forgive myself - just another level.  That will only speed up the healing process and create a stronger body for the rest of this life. Yay!

Next up:  OB/GYN and then DENTIST.  :::shiver:::

24 comments:

johnn60504 said...

Freee!  I'm looking forward to hearing your new music!  I love what I've heard so far.  okay.....I've got a plance to catch - can't riks missing it because I cannot get off the internet!  Be  good!  

John

babyshark28 said...

very cool lady :)
things are going up and up for you.
I really loved your message here, atleast the one I got.  Take care of my body, it's all I got.  hmmm. does this mean I must find a doctor, and then make an apt.? nahhhhh.  LOL  of course it does.  thank you.

ondinemonet said...

Oh my...not both ends at once I hope! ROFLMAO :) Love, Carly :)

grodygeek said...

I am so glad to watch you on this wave. Its like being at some big surf meet and watching somone ride one incredible ride. Cool!

I'm a futon kind of guy. Don't know why.

May this wave last a long long time.

Gordy

deabvt said...

Freee, Please take care of yourself....and your car. Car might be s`thg as simple as needing oil, but don`t let it go.
V

geminiwilder said...

good for you, freee. rock on, hippy dippy chick.

sonensmilinmon said...

Dentist AND OB/GYN ... NOT in the same day I hope!  That sounds like ...


Moving on!  May you keep riding the wave! :) I am looking forward to an album.

Smilin Mon

mallory4284 said...

Everything just sounds so wonderful with you lately. That's great! :) Yay for new shoes and a new bed, too!! Your car sounds like my car. For the past who knows how many months it's been making this rattling/grinding noise. It's embarassing and I have no idea what's wrong with it. But it's been to the car place more than once and they've not once said anything about it, so either they don't care if it breaks down on me, or there's nothing really seriously wrong with it?

-- Mallory :)

diannevan said...

I live for these kinds of posts!  Your happiness is infectious.  I'm thrilled that you're taking care of your body's needs, though when it comes to the tumor, you and I differ on opinions as to what should be done, I'm just glad you're not ignoring it totally.  If things don't work with the homeopathic regimen, you said you'd take it to the next step, so I'm so relieved that one way or another, you'll be tumor-free.  

You rock!

quroboros said...

OK, you're just too damned happy & that's depressing me!  I'm glad to hear you're coming to terms with your body which is great.  Me?- I'm still at the stage where I'm pissed off at my parent's lack of quality DNA.. they passed all this crap down to me?  Somebody should'a made 'em pass a "genetic muster" test first.  ¤Holly

jennipooh3597 said...

May the wave continue, dear Freee :)  I'm glad things are going so well for you as of late :)  (and tonight is a full moon!  Remember to tie up all those little things you want to "get rid of" and offer them up to the Universe ;)  (I think I got it right... waxing..want...waning...don't want?)  Hmmm... maybe should look that up?  he he (yeah, um, just MAYBE!)  Will look into - I always screw those essential things up!  (it's the small things I manage to get right - they make the world go round ;)  Hope all continues to FLOW in your life :)  L, Jenn

slowmotionlife said...

Whoa, lots of stuff in one post.  LoL  I'm finding that since the character limits have gone up, everyone seems to be trying to put everything into one entry.  Leaves a LOT to comment on.  Here we go.

Don't worry about the fall.  Just enjoy the high while it lasts.  I'm so happy for you!

Good luck on your rescheduled rehearsal and recording.  It's gonna be great!

Eeek on your car.  We've discussed this.  Remember to have that checked out while you have the cash in hand!  Could be something easy to fix, unless you let it go too long.

A bed!! Woooot!!!  :D

I know this herb program is one that you've been waiting on for a long time!  I can't wait to see how you respond to it.  It could be amazing!!  [No, it WILL be!]

You're strong!  You're wise!  You're wonderful!  

derossetfamily said...

::duck:: are the ob/gyn and dentist gone yet? ::scroll::
whew! Thats better. :) Anyway, woohooo! Taking care of yourself and getting a bed and shoes and almost something else that Im sure rocks just as much if not more, thats awesome! So glad things have been shifting in your direction lately. You deserve it! =D
~Mary

gingergirl05 said...

Keep those spirits high and smiles bright!  I'm happy to read that everything is going well.  Don't worry about a downfall.  Perhaps this not a "high" but instead, a life change for the better.

Benign tumor??  Oh my!  Well, thank goodness that the meds are looking more affordable these days.  Good luck with all that!  Take care of the body and the body will take care of you, right?  Especially in such heat, you need to keep your energy high and your system healthy.

OB/GYN & Dentist...ugh.  It's part of life, but who likes going to those people??  Which reminds me, I gotta make some appointments.  Thanks for the Freee post-it, hehe :o)  ~  Kate xo

screaminremo303 said...

Sending Healing-Fu your direction ASAP! The CD came in...it's fantastic!! Enjoy the real bed.

karensull12 said...

I am so happy that things are going so well in your life.  Don't question the good times or wait for them to end--simply enjoy them...

krobbie67 said...

It's so nice to hear the happiness that your recent entries exude. You soooo deserve it! Now, if you can just maintain it with the OB/GYN and Dentist. (I would be shivering too!)  :-) ---Robbie

andreakingme said...

Trishy, listen to Andrea (um, well, you know): do NOT going through the high points of life expecting to fall. No lookie for the fall. Keep that chin up and enjoy the good times for as long as you can.

I'm just so hoppy-hoppy-hoppy that you're hoppy-hoppy-hoppy. (Too bad this stuff didn't happen around Easter so my hoppies would be more appropos.)

I can't wait until you get your CD all done and ready for sale. I'm all a-twitch here! I have a 6-CD player in my car and the sound is just great. And I think it's tres chic that I KNOW the voice who's singing. Hee, hee, heh, heh.

I will be sending mega vibes your way that you enchant all those folks who need a dog walker so you make the moola necessary to pay for your meds. Oh, yeah. Feel 'em?

dockart said...

Glad to hear you are riding high. Enjoy! Take care of yourself and your wheels!
Donna:)

somenuttychic said...

Hey good for you! New shoes AND a mattress? Very cool. I too am happy to see you enjoying the wave you're riding. I understand about your hesitation to let go, however. Once you've been burned a few times, it's hard to trust that it's not gonna happen again. Still . . . you sound happy.

And hey, good luck with the recording session!  

bridgetteleigh75 said...

I don't know how you keep up, I really don't.  Even reading your entries exhausts me.  LOL

Perhaps we should vacation somewhere together, Trish?  Then we can both get some much needed R & R.  =)  

Good luck on your recording sessions.  I can't tell you how excited I am.  I'm dying for that full Trish Monaco CD.  =P

Yay!  You got new shoes!  I'm a shoe fanatic.  It's my one splurge for ME.  And as for mattresses?  I've got a Serta pillow-top and it's heavenly.  Although, I'm thinking of putting our mattress in the spare room and buying a double pillow-top for me and Doug.  I want the feeling of sleeping on a cloud.  LOL  

I'm really happy for you, Trish!

freeepeace said...

SMILIN MON - OB/GYN and Dentist on different days.  Perhaps even different months. :)

MALLORY - Grinding noise in a car, doesn't sound good.  Have you specifically asked them about that noise?  Eek.

DIANNE - When I posted this, I thought of you and what you think about homeopathics.  I appreciate your respect. Thank you.

HOLLY - My happiness is depressing you?  Bummer.  Take care.  HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

JENN - I'm so in love with the moon, I have her tattooed on my back!  Full moon!  I didn't know that about the waxing/waning.  I'll look further into it too. Good stuff.

SLOMO - It's easier to post when I don't have to spend hours chipping away.  I figure, since I'm busy, it's better to put it all in one.  Too much time to make 5 separate posts.  I'm still really enjoying this ride.  Car is fixed [as you know].  Bed still not here yet - trying to figure out transportation. And homeopathic program will start soon! Thanks Love! xo

MARY - LOL, that's how I feel about docs and dentists.  I can only avoid them for so long.  And the "almost something else" is in the next entry!  Woohoo! :D

freeepeace said...

JOHN - Ha, now that's a blog-addict. :)  Hope you had a nice flight...I'll assume you caught your plane.  Thanks for the kind words about my music.

SHARKY - That's all I did...made an appt. w/a doctor and boom, everything started falling into place...seemingly at the same time. It's an amazing feeling.  Go for it! :)

CARLY - OMG, it took me a few moments to figure out what you were talking about.  You crack me up.  NO, not both ends at once!  I can hardly stand each end, one at a time.  Eek.

GORDY - I'm really a futon kind of gal too.  Still, looking forward to the bed.  Haven't figured out how to get it here so I'm still on the futon.  lol

VINCE - Car is fixed and good to go.  I've been keeping up with oil changes because I've made that grave mistake once before.

GEMINI - :D  Rockin on. [do you know my 'hippy dippy' song?  trippy.]

freeepeace said...

KATE - Well said, wise one: "not a 'high' but instead, a life change for the better."  :)

REMO - "healing-fu"  LOL  Glad you like the CD.  Thanks for your support! :)

KAREN - Thanks for the reminder. I'm enjoying the ride.

ROBBIE - Haven't been to the doc and dentist yet but at least it's in the forefront of my consciousness. [still shivering]  :)

ANDREA - Thanks for the reminders and the enchanting vibes!  Not looking for the fall - just riding the wave loosely so I don't get so attached I crash. [make sense?]

DONNA - Car is good to go and I'm still riding high. Thanks :)

NUTTY-NIKKI - Yes, shoes, mattress and now camera! Woohoo!  Today is rehearsal. Monday night is recording. Woohoo!  Still happy.  Woohoo! :)

BRIDGETT - Some day I'll be able to afford a vacation. So it's not out of the question. :)  I'm getting really excited about the recording now too!  I want MORE shoes.  One pair put the bug back in me. lol  What's a double pillow-top?