Tuesday, May 18, 2004

More Birthday Surprises



Ooohh ... It's my birthday week!  And my mailbox is starting to get a little action here!  Woohoo!  I was absolutely surprised and delighted to receive a package in a Happy Birthday padded envelope.  I skipped all the way to my room with glee.  I debated whether to wait till Sunday [my actual birthday] or if I should just dig in right then.  We all know, when left up to me, I go for the instant gratification.  There was no note or warning on the outside of the package that required me to suffer through the week, shaking the package, holding it up to the light, or peeking into the folds of the envelope.

The funnest part about this package was the absolute surprise.  I was not expecting it.  I savored the moment by slowly cutting the envelope open [because the glue was just too strong for me to tear through].  Poof, opened the package and a waft of sweet scents filled my senses.  I soaked it in like the morning sun - or like a nice hot cup of coffee on a cool day.  Ahhhh...

Just about everything inside the package was handmade by Liz - otherwise fondly known around AOL-J as Aunt Nub.  A personal, handmade card.  A magnet of music notes.  And an original beaded bracelet.  I'm stunned.  It's beautiful.

Thank you Aunt Nub.  This is a very thoughtful birthday gift.  I'll treasure it, always.

Now, what we all need to know is, how much are you selling them for?  You have thought about that, haven't you?  You have a whole business going.  Cards. Magnets. Bracelets.  What's next?  I know this is only the beginning!  I love watching you grow.

14 comments:

chattiekimmie said...

It's wonderful to be loved, isn't it? :) Happy Birthday on Sunday.

coy1234787 said...

Lucky Girl!! Don't you just love surprises? Happy week of the birthday, may there be many surprises comming your way.
                                                      *** Coy ***

krobbie67 said...

Wow! Great gift! i lvoe the bracelet. It's hard to believe it's homemade. Very professional! Have a great Happy Birthday Week!!!! :-) ---Robbie

quroboros said...

Awwh, how sweet!  Those unexpected gifts are always the best.  I love the magnet.. anything with music on it is appealing to me.  Happy B-day week!  ¤Holly

babyshark28 said...

oooh. yes, the birthDAY. is soon arriving.  yea!  it's so fun to celebrate the exhistance of our life, a day where you shouldn't feel guilty for spoiling yourself. :)

I hope it's a day filled with whatever the heck YOU want to do.

what a pretty little gifts your getting! lovely. nub is doing a great job. :)  
I have one I know you would like, but I am too lazy to getting around to sending it (I'm just being honest!) but....I'm thinking of you.  does that count??  :P

enjoy these days. :D

derossetfamily said...

Ooooh! I love the necklace, I can totally see you in it. How thoughtful! Is there some sort of address directory I dont know about? :P LOL I think Im going to get into the business of having a birthday week too, much more lucrative than just one day! ::evil laugh:: >:D
~Mary

hempenhomespun said...

I think I got a trial sample of Olay facial wipes in the mail around the end of November.  I'd like to believe it was a thoughtful birthday gesture, but somehow I expect it was just dumb luck.

Enjoy your birthday goodies!

andreakingme said...

Aw, how utterly tres chic. You are LOVED, Trishy-Girl.

geminiwilder said...

Wow!  How nice!  

Enjoy your birthday week !!!

slowmotionlife said...

Awwww... What a sweet thought!  I got a magnet from Nubs too.  Just waiting to do another mail entry to show it off. It's beautiful.  It has a woman inked onto it.  Really lovely.  I LOVE that bracelet.  The girl has some serious talent.  She NEEDS to be making money doing all this.  I went to find new cards today and couldn't find ANYTHING that was half as beautiful as what she makes.  I would buy cards from her in a second.

Happy Early Birthday!!!  Fun, fun.  

musenla said...

Wow, everything's beautiful.  You can see the love that went with making them.  You're a lucky gal, Trish.  So much love coming your way.  =P

somenuttychic said...

Wow! The whole thing is outstanding! The bracelet is gorgeous, the card is lovely and the magnet is really cute! You're a lucky lady, Freee!

deabvt said...

Wow!   A Whole Week!!!   Yea!!
V

martinsek5 said...

Those are some beautiful hand made gifts!!!  I hope you are enjoying your birthday week.  I don't know anyone who celebrates for a week!!  lol  Pamela