Monday, May 31, 2004

Monday


Blurry duckies from the other day.

Feeling very safe around here again.  The fear-based thinking really did lift.  The apartment manager changed the code on the garage door lock and posted reminders about safety precautions when coming and going.  My clients were completely understanding about the keys - and empathized with my situation.

I spent most of the weekend watching the entire first season of SURVIVOR.  And I'm completely DVD'd-out!  My eyes are crossing.  Everything is blurry.  I hardly got any real sleep last night.  My dreams are wild.  Every time I close my eyes, I find myself stranded with 16 other castaways off the coast of Borneo. An endless mission for tapioca.  The only outside communication is via coconut-phone.  The rats are overcooked and chickens refuse to lay eggs.  The positive side is, I've had a mud bath every day, I've lost 12 pounds of fat and gained 6 pounds of muscle.  But I look like a waif on TV.  My luxury item is my journal but I had to sacrifice it in our quest for fire.  A member of the camera crew slipped me a tic-tac.  I shared it with my tribemates. ... Can hardly wait for season two to be released!

I thoroughly cleaned out my closet this weekend too.  I've thrown a bunch of stuff away.  And I have a huge box of clothes ready to donate to shelters.  I also have some other things to clear out but I can't decide if it's worth it to have a yard sale - or just donate it all.  We'll see.  But it feels so much better when I open my closet door now.  I actually know where things are.  Bonus:  I also found a huge box of missing pictures - from my entire life - in the far corner.  I was looking for them a few months ago.  I've moved so much, I thought I'd lost them along the way.  I still haven't gone through them all.  But at least I know where they are now.

Big love-shout to Vivian whose birthday is today.  Since it's a national holiday already, she's going to celebrate her personal holiday tomorrow.  Happy Birthday Viv.  We love ya!

I'm headed out to help a friend unpack from a move.  She's coming out of a relationship.  A bit of devastation.  But welcoming new energy.  She's been packing and working non-stop for two weeks.  Hopefully we'll get her all set up so she can relax and concentrate on work and life.

I hope to find time to respond to comments later.  Thank you all for your insight and kind words.  I'm blessed to be part of the AOL-J community.

20 comments:

jeffcomedy said...

I owe you a BIG apology.  I've been so caught up in my own things, that I didn't notice that other people were also going through rough times.  I mean really, you, SloMo, a couple of others that shall remain nameless.

What the hell is going on?

Anyway, it is very belated, but I am so sorry you have been violated in such, well, strange manner.  It gets me too.  Who just steal keys when they don't even know which doors they work?

I'm glad everyone is being so supportive, both in J-land and in real life.  Take care of yourself, you hear!

krobbie67 said...

Glad things are working out. I'll stop worrying now --- maybe. ;-)

Your recap of your dream had me cracking up. Who knows what you'll be dreaming if you get your hands on the Charlie's Angels set. LOL

:-) ---Robbie

screaminremo303 said...

Glad you are emerging from the event okay. Feel the fear. Use it, channel it, and you will renew your faith. I think it's just the Duck Karma working! :)
How about a Rockstar Memorabilia Auction? Then I'll have something to put on eBay when you are featured on "Where are they now? 2004 Strikes Back."

brewerm593 said...

Survivor, hahaha, lol. I remember watching that show but only because my dad was like we gotta watch it! Its time! As if it was One Tree Hill or something, lol. I Hope that you have a good day, Bye!

sepintx said...

I call my blurry duck photos, fuzzy ducks. Plenty of fuzzy ducks around here and they like bread. When I have bread, the ducks cease to be fuzzy as the come waddling right up to the camera. Great bonus find of a box of photos. I hope the scanner still works ;-)

deabvt said...

Freee, I`m so happy all of your clients were understanding!
V

chattiekimmie said...

What a relief that your clients were understanding.  I'm also glad your apartment manager is taking steps to help prevent future break-ins.  I have to admit that I'm a DVD addict!  We try to buy a new one monthly, but it's usually weekly.  Paying $20.00 per DVD is much cheaper than $60.00 for a family of 8 to go see a movie once.  So even if we hate it we don't lose much by purchasing the DVD.  Have a great day my friend.  :) Kimmie

freeepeace said...

JEFF - No worries.  Thanks for checking in.

ROBBIE - Ooh, looking forward to the Charlie's Angels series. :P

REMO - Duck Karma. lol.  Good luck with that eBay auction. :P

BREWERM - So, would your dad watch One Tree Hill with you?  I imagine if I had teenagers here, I'd have gotten sucked into watching it. :)

STEVEN - Thanks for the fuzzy duck tip.  I just may have to try that next time.  I hope my scanner still works too. ::crossing fingers::

VINCE - Thanks. Me too!

KIMMIE - Have you considered Netflix?  I imagine with a family of 8 it might serve you well.  :)

chefgracegeorge said...


Heee!  

You'd make a great Survivor!

The tribe has spoken.

babyshark28 said...

awww. cute little fuzzy blurry duckies. :)

I am glad to hear the apartment manager has been very professional in this, changing locks and putting up notices. glad also to hear your clients would be supportive, kind of thought they would be.  but, sometimes you just don't know.

and LOL! on your rundown about you on survivor, I think you would kick some *beeep* and you would be excellent as a contestant.  what great exposure.  but, can deal with all those raging emotions! I know I couldn't.   those people can get downright frightening. :)

and thanks for the reminder about viv!  I almost forgot! geeesh. I don't want to do that. :)

take care lady, much love to you!

slowmotionlife said...

ROFL... love the Survivor based dream sequences. tehehe.. that's so you, so wacky!  And of course you shared your tic-tac with your tribemates. That's just the kind of person you are.  But what did you have to do - take turns licking it?  LoL

Happy Birthday to Vivian!  I wish I'd done a Happy Birthday entry for her. But I ran out of time and had already posted THREE posts for the day. LOL

dazeychic said...

Hi sweety! Just a quick hello...thought Id pop into your beautiful world for a sec while I have a minute! So glad you are OK...that whole robbed thing scared me to death as I was reading it! My heart nearly stopped for you! Im happy you are feeling normal again...and watching Survivor is a cure all! I looove that damn show! Im like an addict. I miss it when it isnt on! (total loser of me, i know) Well, be safe Freee! (Get some mace or something for your keychain...just incase.) Keep smiling...Ive missed reading your words! XXOO ~Shells  

ondinemonet said...

Trish

         Glad to hear you are feeling safe again, I can imagine how frightening a situation like that must have been. Lots of love and light to you! Love, Carly :)

sonensmilinmon said...

Trish,

I've been out of town and missed several entries.  When I read about safety I had to go back and look.  I'm glad you are feeling safe once again.

Happy Birthday to Viv! :) Thanks for the reminder.

Monica

somenuttychic said...

Ahhh, closet cleaning. It's always good for the soul to go through your stuff and weed out all the things that only weigh you down, especially when they can be used to lift someone else up.  

I like the ducky pick, even if it is a little blurry. It's very soothing to look at.

musenla said...

I'm glad that your clients were totally understanding and that your building manager did the responsible thing immediately.  

Spring cleaning is such a cleansing activity, IMO.  Clean and orderly beginnings mark the beginning of the new season for me.  Finding little treasures like your lost photos is a nice treat.  

I have to go wish Viv a belated happy happy after I'm done here.

Sorry to hear about your friend who has ended a relationship.  Perhaps in the spririt of spring, she will think of this as a new lease on life.

dockart said...

After reading your closet experience I may hit the big one...The closet where everything goes when you don't know where else to put it. Of course I also have an urge to bake Slo's Coca Cola cake so maybe I need to quit reading journals and just get to MY "to do " list. LOL!
Glad you are feeling safer.  
Donna:)

clarity4today said...

Gosh, what a busy weekend *you had! lol The watching Survivor marathon would have been more than enough for me, sans the closet-cleaning party. ;-)

viviansullinwank said...

{{{{{ Freee }}}}} I'm glad the manager changed the locks and your clients were understanding and concerned about your well being. I know that extremely unsettling feeling of some stranger being in your personal space. It's been well over 15 years since it happened to me, but I can still get in touch with that feeling!   I've enjoyed catching up over here...seeing wonderful pics, reading about you meeting a fellow blogger and of course much more.

Thanks for the birthday shout out! I had a great birthday! Somehow I felt more loved this birthday than ever. What a blessing and a wonderful feeling!

Big hugs and lots of kisses,
Vivian

andreakingme said...

Uh oh. I'm getting the sense that something bad happened. Did someone break into your apartment? Ohgod. Survivor. Tribemates. DiAnne (says she's going to get me hooked, whatever it takes). Keys? Fear?

Closet cleaning. Gah. Oy. That's not fun. Keys?

Happy birthday, Vivian! Gosh, you, her, DiAnne, Lisa (onmiownnow). Big birthday month. Keys?