Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Keeping it Real

I have quite a few things to say but this one is most important.

Of all the journals I read on a daily basis, Musenla is at the top of my list.  She has provided me with more than just the truth in any situation - a reminder that there are three sides to every story: mine, yours and theirs.  Each side is just as valid as the other.  She is informative on all levels.  The real news, without the hype of sweeps week!

Musenla has a writing style that always leaves me in awe.  We should all wish we could write like her.  No one creates reviews - movies, art, news, restaurants or otherwise - like Musenla.  Whenever there's a controversial issue in the news that I just can't keep up with, she finds a way to put it in terms that I can understand.  She helps empower me, us, this community.

She welcomes all shapes and sizes of opinions and offers a chance for us to see we have the opportunity and power to bring balance to our world.

I found her journal when she was the number one editor's pick - the first time - last fall, and I haven't left since [well, except to walk dogs and stuff].  She's bright, brilliant, beautiful - and a great friend with an enormous heart.

If you haven't been there before, stop whatever you are doing and go there (link below).  She deserves your readership.  Make your own informed decision - be sure to leave her a comment [she will respond].   If you know her and you haven't been there in a while, I encourage you to go now and see what all this hype is about.  If she's already your daily read, then I don't have to tell you how invaluable she is to this community!

MUSENLA - Always in my Top 5.

* * * * *
Update:
  After you leave Musenla your comment, be sure to come back and GO HERE to see what AOL-J Pal Wessolo has to say.  Another brilliant entry by another brilliant writer in our community.

13 comments:

lucylouladybug said...

As she is with me too, always on my top list of must reads...

One of the things about her is her stylishness, her genuine creative intelligence.  She is beautiful not only on the outside, but most importantly, the inside.  She's touched me with her kindness, and I have often asked advice from her and gotten from her an honesty that knows no boundries.

Many times I have read her journal and thought, wow, I wish I could write like that!

Great tribute to a wonderful person that is MARA!

Touching and heartfelt entry Trish, thank you for sharing your thoughts on what is a very important issue.

Love you, Penny

babyshark28 said...

I read about this last night, and it has gotten me kind of stirred up as well.  Of course, I have my own views about the top 5.   VERY well written Freee, ondine has another entry up about this.   I think I will join you guys even if my thoughts don't come out as nice. xo

ondinemonet said...

Trish, it comes as no surprise to me that you would capture this situation perfectly and articulate it's importance. Eloquent as ever my dear one! Applause, applause! Love, Carly :)

krobbie67 said...

Wonderful tribute to Muse! She truly is a jem in the crown jewels of our journalling community. :-) ---Robbie

jeanyu said...

MusenLA was, and is my first choice in aol land. Because of her I started my own journal, even though I never met  or knew her before.  Through her I could get into other aol journals, now I have 2 of my own aol journals and I am a regular here. It's like, My name is, Have a nice day!, I am an aol addict..
Remember Muse, we rise through fall!
Free peace, it is a real good entry. It shows how big your heart is!

quroboros said...

I've always valued "Amused."  She provides such insight on such a broad range of topics (hmm, not unlike someELSE I know of).  Her talent & quality shows she could be doing a regular newspaper column instead of just entertaining the likes of us.
What happened recently to the Muse is a real shame & there's been a huge outpouring of support for her, criticism for AOL.  But in all the foot stamping and ranting over that subject, she's quietly accepted the misfortune & subsequently dismissed it.  Like the true lady she is, Muse didn't blow up or whine incessantly.  Her grace, dignity & class shines through.  ¤Holly

c82trinity said...

Thank you for adding that about her! I am really getting to see who she was before this controversy! as she requested! Sounds like a great journal and she is on my fav list!

kathlyna22 said...

I agree with you Free, I think we should make our own top 5!
Kathleen

haikulike said...

[she will respond].   <<== aside from her sophisticated writing style, this is what makes Mara so very special.  whenever she leaves a comment in my journal, I feel like my credibility moved up a notch.  She's clever, witty, intelligent, gracious, and the best example of journaling we have.  She spreads that class all over AOL-j

musenla said...

Freee, I am very touched by this very public entry showing your support for me and Amused.  Let me publicly acknowledge that you are one of my dearest friends in AOL-J and your journal is one of those I don't fail to read in its entirety.  Your personal kindness to me when my friend's father died is something I will never forget.

You are a bright light that spreads positive energy in our community.  Everyone can learn from you, just as I do everytime I visit.

Thank you sooo much for the words of support, it really warms my heart.  

And for all of you who have commented below, I am floored.  You all rock!

slowmotionlife said...

True dat.  If anyone should have been removed from the Top 5, it shouldn't have been this girl.  She's #1 in our book and always has been.  It's AOL's loss, unfortunately. Think of all the people who won't get to know her because of a few tiny bleeps.  ::sigh::

gingergirl05 said...

I totally agree with you.  She has writing ability oozing out her every pore.  She's damn good at this journaling thing--a little toooo good :-p  She's one of my faves, and always will be.  Sometimes she makes me think too hard ::pout:: lol  ~  Kate xo

goldenchildnc said...

Yeah. I'm late getting here but I said my piece as well. They really have alot of nerve and then they turned around and thought two wrongs might make everything right. LOL! Oh well. Mara's not diminished in my eytes or anyone else's who knows of her and her work. She's top-notch all the way! :-)