Carly's cat, Elvis put a little bug in my dog, Hunny's ear this morning. And it's not a flea [thanks to her recent grooming and flea control]. It seems I've been taking most of the credit for our life over here - and Hunny wants in!
Here are Hunny's 25 Things for this Weekend's Assignment.
1. I was pregnant when my mom adopted me. But she
didn't know it. Neither did the vet when I went to get spayed. They
aborted my puppies without consulting my mama. I've searched for them
2. I raised my baby kitty brother, Pepper, from when he was 10 weeks old.
3. I love un-neutered big boy doggies - and they love me!
4. When I was a puppy I'm proud to say I destroyed
two couches, every pillow we owned, CD jewel cases, books, boxes,
mama's baby pictures and handmade gifts by chewing them to bits.
And I only weigh 24 lbs. Hear me roar.
5. Of all mama's songs, my favorite is Walls of Pain. My least favorite is Obsession.
6. I understand English better than any dog I
know. I secretly know how to speak it too, but don't tell
anyone. It's fun watching everyone try to guess what I need.
7. I was adopted from the pound so we don't know
when I was born. We say my birthday is January 5, 1995. I'm
nine years old. But I still look like a puppy. Ha! Eat your heart
8. I may appear to be precious, sweet and feminine,
but don't let that fool you. I can run like a mighty dog and take down
the big boys! If you're a stranger, never turn away from
me. If you're a puppy, stay clear if you know what's good for
you. I'm the boss of you!
9. Cuddling is to be done on my time, at my pace,
when I'm available...usually first thing in the morning, when I'm
half-asleep and not thinking. Even then, do not put your arm around me.
You want me near? Leave me alone.
10. My favorite thing to do is to fake-pee so I can hear mama say "find it" in all different tones.
11. I can dance, sing and pur.
12. I love my cousins, Opie and Roshi so much I'll give up my bones for them.
13. I'm always up for a challenge. I could've taken that rattlesnake with one paw tied behind my back.
14. I'm on a high-fiber diet because of my colitis.
On a walk is where I get my revenge. God help her if she forgot the baggies.
15. OK, honestly, I have mixed emotions about mama's
dogwalking. I get lots of exercise, sun, dirt, water and play
time - but I have to share her with others. She often forgets
that I'm top dog. But I don't let them forget. No way!
16. I was a stand-in for a brand-name dog food photo shoot. And frankly, I was cuter and funner to photograph.
17. I traveled on a plane, all by myself and I hated every
moment of it. But I was so good in the crate, the airline people gave
me lots of loving. Still, cargo travel sucks!
18. I've moved 10 times in the last 8 years.
19. I'm an excellent watch dog. Don't mess with me.
20. I remember when I didn't trust anyone. Sorry
about nipping the heals of that passerby. Oh and sorry about that
one guy's jeans - but we all know he deserved it.
21. People stop us all the time and try to put their hands
all over me. Mama's good - she tells them how I like to be
introduced. Geez you guys, I don't ruffle your hair when we
meet! And I certainly don't smack you on the ass! Most of
you are idiots anyway. Tailless freaks. I mean, how do you read each
other without a tail?
22. In my next life, I'm going to be human. [Don't try to sway me. It's already been arranged.]
23. I traveled cross country in a car with a cat, a kid and two tired adults. [and they had the nerve to blame the smell on me!]
24. I hate men in uniform. Except for the brown
ones. They give me treats. I'll chase a big brown truck
down the street anytime... that is, if I weren't constantly on this
25. I'm the best daughter in the world - and the
smartest. I'm also a great mama, sister, niece, cousin and
friend. I rock! I'm the real superstar around here. I'm
ready for my close-up now.