Sunday, April 18, 2004

Goddesses of AOL-J

We all have our favorite blogs and journals that we visit every week.  And there are some we consistently visit every day.  Over the past few weeks, in addition to my top faves, I've found myself visiting a different slew of journals on a regular basis.  Though their journals are not new to AOL-J, some are new to me.  Others are renewed with me.  And I don't know how I ever lost track to begin with. [gotta talk to my doctor about that].

The following are just a few of my new obsessions.  I strongly recommend you add these to the top of your daily reads!  You're missing out otherwise.



Lotus Martinis
I can't remember how I found her [Andrea perhaps?] but I am in awe of her creativity.  She's a writer and an artist.  She creates these cute comics of herself and the people in her life, to go along with her wonderfully witty stories.  Like an adult's children's book. She's a cross between the comic strip Kathy [but way better] and the TV character Maude [but way cuter].  Fun, dry, witty, likable, easy to read [for people like me].  I can't get enough of her.



The Peach Pages
By now everyone must know Peachy.  She's a star in her own right. And she was a recent Editor's pick [#1 baby].  But still, I feel compelled to praise her here.  She's a mom. A wife. A mentor. A superhero. A child advocate. A speaker of truth.  And she's some kind of funny. She takes no prisoners when it comes to scorpions.  She'll turn on her southern charm in a jam. And according to an Arizona Little League crowd, she looks hot in a pair of low cut jeans.  The Peach Pages always get me laughing, crying, cheering and wanting more.  She's an excellent storyteller.  And just a wonderful person.



Single Woman's Guide to the Universe
I "discovered" Nutty-Nikki way back when the Editor's Picks were daily andshe made the top 5 - that was the first time.  Somehow I drifted from her Journal.  She resurfaced in my AOL-J life in the last few weeks and I couldn't be happier. Last week she made the Weekly Top 5.  [that's twice!]  Anything we need to know about dating in any city; anything men want to know about how not to woo a woman in any town; This is the place to be!  There's a sweetness and vulnerability to her writing.  And her humor is right on the money.  There's also something intriguing about a person who has never revealed her real name or what part of the country she lives in [if in fact, she lives in this country at all]. Yet she's able to write about real life stories.  Inspiring!

The list doesn't stop here... we're just beginning!  Now go, praise these Goddesses!

24 comments:

sonensmilinmon said...

Oh just what I need more reading!!! Now I won't see my bed at all tonight!  Off to read the other goddesses out there.  Thanks for the links.

Smilin Mon

ggal3133 said...

I found the Peach Pages while she was Editors pick and loved it. Thanks for posting these journals, my journal reading list is growing longer and longer...lol

jeanyu said...

Lotus Martinis, what a pretty name! I will check on that journal right away. How was your weekend? How was the weather in LA?

irun01 said...

Thanks for the suggestions Rock Star.  I read one of those journals on a regular basis.  Yours, however, is still one of my first stops every day. . . . . .

donah42 said...

Freee, these are three of my daily must-reads as well! We are so lucky to be in the presence of such talent, heart & soul. AOL-J is so full of writing Goddesses (and Gods), it would take a long time to name them all! And you definitely rank amongst them!

somenuttychic said...

Oh my gosh. After reading this, I feel like I've answered the door in two unmatched bunny slippers and flannel PJs with my hair sticking up every which way. And guess who's standing on the other of that door? Why, the Publisher's Clearinghouse Prize Patrol. With a massive check. And cameras. D*mn. It's one of those kinds of moments, you know? All I can do is smile sweetly.

I agree with a previous poster that there are a TON of AOL Gods and Goddesses on here -- people who's words reach out right through the computer screen and touch you. Your journal is one of those. For many reasons you're *that* kind of person.

Thanks, Freee!        

Nikki

P.S. I've been reading the Peach Pages every since she got featured two weeks ago. Lotus Martinis is now the next journal I plan to visit. It sounds like a hoot and a half!      

c82trinity said...

I have been reading some of these journals too! They are very good!

jcgeorgiapeach said...

It's one thing when AOL Editor's choose your journal for the #1 pick.  It's certainly an honor.  But what a blessing it is to have someone actually say something positive about your work and your character.  Thank you so much for your wonderful description of my journal...back ya girl!  ~Peachy

bridgetteleigh75 said...

I'm already an avid fan of Nikki and Peachy...but I'll certainly be visiting Lotus now as well.  Thanks for the pimping, Trish!  

andreakingme said...

Trishy, you're just so good! (And my, you've been busy!)

These three gals are indeed AOL-J Goddesses. I wonder if they drink coffee with their pinkies crooked?

slowmotionlife said...

Goddess Pimping!  Gotta love it!  :D

babea28 said...

Congradulations!!!
It is such an honor.
You must be overwhelmed?
I think it is great ,that you  went out of your way to comment on others. I also loved Peaches. She was diffently great at describing how beutiful, the sights her and her husband saw.  Keep up the good work. I will be looking forward to what is next.

karensull12 said...

I just discovered nutty Nikki myself and really love her journal.  These are all great picks!

txsguinan said...

So I come home this morning, all sweaty and stiff from yoga, thinking of nothing but coffee and food when I hear the Hubs shout from the backroom, "HEY!  Where did all these people come from?"

OH MY GOSH, Trish!  Thankyou so much!  You are way too nice to me here ~ and to put me in the company of these other talented women is giving me WAY too much credit.  I am seriously overwhelmed; I'm used to noodling around in my own dusty, cobweb infested corner of J-land.  Now I'm tongue-tied.  And really moved.  You are just the sweetest... :)

krobbie67 said...

This is a GREAT pimping job! They are all on my regular reading list because of their incredible writing talents. But, don't worry you're at the top! ;-)
---Robbie

alphawoman1 said...

You picked some beauties!

freeepeace said...

BABEA - Thanks for the congrats. Overwhelmed slightly, but in a good way.  I'll get to the new Journals eventually.  I'm just spreading the word about stuff that I enjoy. :)

TXSGUINAN - Stiff from yoga? Where are you practicing girl?  [don't tell me you're still at the gym!]  Cute about your hubs. :)

You deserve the recognition.  You've been way too quiet over there in your powerful corner of AOL-J.  It's time you step out into the light! You rock!

ROBBIE - I love your disclaimer. That's a true friend who knows me well enough to think I might obsess about losing you as a reader.  LOL

ALPHAWOMAN - Agreed! :)

freeepeace said...

NIKKI - Let's see a pic of you in those cute bunny slippers and that sweet smile. :)  You deserve the recognition!  I know you already love Peachy.  You'll love Lotus Martinis.

C82TRINITY - Right on!

PEACHY - I agree, all around! Back at you...back at me...back at you...  ;)

BRIDGETT - Yay, seems I'm creating a scene with Lotus Martinis.  I'm surprised it's the first time many of you have heard of her.  She's a quiet one.  We gotta lure her out.

ANDREA - I *have* been busy. It's fun.  I don't know about coffee and crooked pinkies - we could ask!

SLOMO - :D

freeepeace said...

SMILIN MON - I hear ya sister!  But you can probably see, they are worth the visit.  Who needs sleep anyway?

JEANYU - Yes, Lotus Martinis combines two of my favorite things: yoga and martinis [of course].  Weekend was good. Weather is nice. :)

GGAL - I love Peachy.  Watch your journal reading list grow like weeds!

IRUN - You're the best #2 Groupie this girl's ever had.

DONAH - True, the list is too long to name.  We are a great bunch here in AOL-J.

babyshark28 said...

I stopped in at Lotus Martini's yesterday *It's soo good!*  today I am going to visit the peach pages...
I forgot to leave a comment here yesterday. :(   Hope you didn't miss me too much. LOL  take care. xo

meijer28 said...

I do believe this is my first trip to your journal. Awsome. I heard of you through SlowMo and the websites she post. Great job.

Meisha

annalisa135 said...

of course i've heard of peach pages, but haven't checked them out YET.  but now i will.  she sounds wonderful.  the other two journals, i haven't heard of, but will check them out as well.  pimping now, are we?  my your talents never cease!!  hows the diet going?  WHY in the world do you need a diet?  i'd love to know!  

musenla said...

Peachy and Nikki are two of my personal favorites.  Lotus Martini I will visit soon, definitely looks like a fun read!

gordobakerboy said...

dude your funny